Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye Speaks - Another disgruntled ex-employee

Comments

• So, what were the terms of his contract? He must have had one as he came from a non-network club.
    I'm guessing he must have got a lump sum otherwise he'd still be getting paid by RD and would have kept his mouth shut.
    Shambles.
  • cafc999 said:

Pure spin

Karel, you scouted the players and you had no idea how to motivate a team.

You were also never just an interim manager and you even went as far as putting pen to paper on a contract (one of the reasons why it never got published was because of the results)

No one is fooled karel

This a 100%

Too late now Fraeye to disown the network and the role you played in it from before Powell was sacked and even before Roland bought the club.

Spin as much as you like but you were the scout and you had a contract too.
    Of course he always had a Contract before the Interim job... Why else would he have had a Clause in his VVV Hamme Contract stating that he could leave them if ever Roland snapped his fingers.

Would be like me having a clause in my future marriage contract stating I could divorce my wife if a hot Page 3 model came calling but there's no point having that Clause because I know it would never happen
  • On the Sunday evening the club decided that a loss against Huddersfield would mean he was out.

So presumably they started sending feelers out on Monday to potential successors? Was this when they first contacted Jose?
  • Fumbluff said:

cafc999 said:

Pure spin

You were also never just an interim manager and you even went as far as putting pen to paper on a contract (one of the reasons why it never got published was because of the results)

No one is fooled karel

This a 100%

Too late now Fraeye to disown the network and the role you played in it from before Powell was sacked and even before Roland bought the club.

If only it was possible to lol a flag :wink:
    A flag from @Desperate_Pete is a LOL

Pete tried to pretend he'd met Fraeye once at Cray Wanderers and thought he was a good guy and so all his views on KF came from that.
    Only it seems that it was a lot more than that. Desperate had Fraeye's phones number, was most likely getting bits of spin along with free tickets and lounge passes to pass on here. Never an objective fan giving his view but Karel's mouthpiece.

And in all those conversations and cosy chats that Pete had with Fraeye, when Fraeye insisted he wasn't scouting for the network (except he has now admitted that his was) Pete never thought to ask the obvious questions - "If you weren't the one scouting the players before Powell was sacked what were you doing at the Valley and who was scouting and recommending the players?"
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

It is telling that a group of people discussed him behind a closed door, then called him in after ten minutes.
    Pretty shabby if you ask me.

Absolutely shambolic, in fact.
  • So he knows what we all knew at the start of the season. We have a competitive first team, but no depth in the squad.

He is right in what he says about the interim bit, but should have told the press that no search was underway so it is me. From what he is saying that would have helped him and the players move forward and may have kept him his job. Can you imagine a proper manager excepting this? I can almost hear Warnock slaping down the press and then smiling as if it was of no consequence .

However, the fundamental mistake he made was in not insisting on player recruitment. This interview just confirms he is too weak to be a manager.
  • “After ten minutes, they called me in telling me in front of the players that the players fully backed me and that a managerial change would be seen as a bad decision. "

I simply cannot believe that any of the players backed him and wanted him to stay.

I thought it was quite telling that the focus of the players' opinion seemed to be on signings. I get the feeling - and in this case it is just that - that rather than backing Fraeye the players were saying that it doesn't matter if you sack Fraeye or not if new players aren't brought in to strengthen the squad. Fraeye's read that as them believing in him but you can just as easily say that there's nothing in the interview to say that they actually said Karel was the man for the job and if they had said that I would have thought Karel would make it known. He certainly manages to talk the rest of his time up
  • Fumbluff said:

cafc999 said:

Pure spin

No one is fooled karel

This a 100%

Pete tried to pretend he'd met Fraeye once at Cray Wanderers and thought he was a good guy and so all his views on KF came from that.
    Only it seems that it was a lot more than that. Desperate had Fraeye's phones number, was most likely getting bits of spin along with free tickets and lounge passes to pass on here. Never an objective fan giving his view but Karel's mouthpiece.

And in all those conversations and cosy chats that Pete had with Fraeye, when Fraeye insisted he wasn't scouting for the network (except he has now admitted that his was) Pete never thought to ask the obvious questions - "If you weren't the one scouting the players before Powell was sacked what were you doing at the Valley and who was scouting and recommending the players?"
    I know I should not bite but Henry you have a bile inducing way of imagining what happens in any area where you know absolutely fuck all. I understand that you do not like to be questioned about your 'knowledge' of all things relating to Charlton so I will try and leave you alone to your 'thoughts'!
    Incidentally I have tried to flag you before yet somehow they disappear.......
    No answers no responses, no defence of KF, just more personal attacks on me.

You'll have to ask admin why the flags disappear as only they can remove them and I'm not admin. Nice try insinuating that I removed the flags but wrong again.
  • edited February 2016
    I think this reflects particularly badly on KM and RM. It seems that even after the Colchester game, they were willing to give him more time, it's crazy. One of the most hopeless managers we've ever seen, and they continued to back him. Not a braincell between them, clearly.

In general though, the article is just Fraeye uttering excuses, as usual.

• Are we sure this is still CAFC? I swear Tonbridge angels are more organised than this lot!

what a shambles the management team sound.

We all agree on an approach - then Rolland over rules!
  • Sponsored links:

• “They said that even with Mourinho, it would be hard to keep the team up. We all agreed with the board and myself that the team needed more strengthening.''

She's a wise one young Katrien.

Plum.
  • Fumbluff said:

cafc999 said:

Pure spin

No one is fooled karel

This a 100%

I know I should not bite but Henry you have a bile inducing way of imagining what happens in any area where you know absolutely fuck all. I understand that you do not like to be questioned about your 'knowledge' of all things relating to Charlton so I will try and leave you alone to your 'thoughts'!

You'll have to ask admin why the flags disappear as only they can remove them and I'm not admin. Nice try insinuating that I removed the flags but wrong again.
    Henry man while I agree with you in this instance, it's a bit fucking rich for you to be calling someone out for an ad hominem...
  • I feel sorry for the bloke,

About 15 years ago I went for a job I should never have got nor was i qualified for it. I was a MASSIVE step up from where i was, nevertheless I was offered it and I took it knowing i was up against it from the start,but its what i wanted to do. Luckily 15 years down the line I've had 3 promotions and life couldn't be better - Sometimes these things pay off.

Think what I'm trying to say is put yourself in Karel's shoes, if offered a chance to manage in the championship when you are in Belgian third tier would you turn down the chance to go to London and England's 2nd tier, of-course not.

Now I'm not saying it was the right decision from the board or saying he was good enough etc. I just think he gets alot of stick for just doing what you and i would do, He seems to get hated just for taking the job which is blinding us from the real problem.

Seemed a nice guy when i met him twice last year, and i personally hope he goes on to have a good career in football, but please let's not just throw pointless abuse at the guy for taking a job he was unqualified for... i happens nearly everyday.

Again, he shouldn't of been appointed, but neither should I, lets look at the real problems like backing hin one day and sacking him the next day, he could do this with people like Riga ... there's the real problem in all this.

Good points and I bear him no ill will for taking the job.

People say he is a nice guy when they meet him and work with him and I don't doubt that.

But he was heavily involved in player recruitment.
  • PaddyP17 said:

Fumbluff said:

cafc999 said:

Pure spin

No one is fooled karel

This a 100%

Henry man while I agree with you in this instance, it's a bit fucking rich for you to be calling someone out for an ad hominem...
    You're wrong but I won't flag you :- )

• Whatever he says I'm just so glad he's gone. The worst manager I've ever known at The Valley by far.

So he wants to work in England again? I suggest he looks for vacancies in the Kent League or whatever it is these days. That's if he can hack it in those lofty heights.
  • " Just an open communication on what the plans were.”

Even Carol wants the board to be honest and up front! SPELL IT OUT IN BLACK AND WHITE!