Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye Speaks - Another disgruntled ex-employee

Comments

• Met Carol at an U21 game, nice chap.
  • No sympathy for Fraeye but the description of how his final few days or so was handled confirms Squirrel Face is a no more than a fairly hopeless puppet. I wonder why anyone bothers listening to her ... perhaps Riga doesn't?

"The board backed me and I was told new players would come through the door. A day later, they rang me and told me the backing was not there from the owner and a Huddersfield loss would see me gone. That happened on the Sunday evening."

Despite that he ends by saying he was fairly treated by Roland. He is clearly desperate for another network post.

And assume "the board" is Meire and Murray? What a pair.
  • iamdan said:

Met Carol at an U21 game, nice chap.

So was Guy Luzon and Les Read.

Agree, now he has gone, a bit sad that people still tell him to F off.

I thought he had.

• If we hadn't employed Fry in the first place, we would not be in this mess on the pitch. Simple.
  • of course he can get another job in England---just wont be football related
  • Redrobo said:

So he knows what we all knew at the start of the season. We have a competitive first team, but no depth in the squad.

He is right in what he says about the interim bit, but should have told the press that no search was underway so it is me. From what he is saying that would have helped him and the players move forward and may have kept him his job. Can you imagine a proper manager excepting this? I can almost hear Warnock slaping down the press and then smiling as if it was of no consequence .

However, the fundamental mistake he made was in not insisting on player recruitment. This interview just confirms he is too weak to be a manager.

• Sponsored links:

• I think the whole interview is quite sad. For him to have to wait outside while the CEO discussed him with senior players must have been humiliating. However he should have walked then and not hung around.
    However I do blame him for accepting a job that was too much for his ability and experience, but far more I blame Murray and Meire for allowing it to happen and for not standing up to RD. If they are not able to do that then they, too,should be gone
  • Pedro45 said:

" Just an open communication on what the plans were.”

Even Carol wants the board to be honest and up front! SPELL IT OUT IN BLACK AND WHITE!

This was my favorite line, talk about ironic, if he don't know what the plan is what hope have we got. Anyway as we all know only one man knows the plan.

The whole interview was attempt to spin his way back into our hearts. Jog on mate, I don't blame you for taking a punt at the job, but when you realised you were out of your depth you should have gone.

Most of it just highlights the shambles that is CAFC under the idiots. Reminded me of the school playground.

Good luck Jose, you must be mad coming back, but really mate good luck, its only a matter of time before great piles of brown stuff come down on you from Belgium
  • Fascinating to learn that you can't make a chocolate cake with salt and pepper

He actually said "it’s not always easy to make a chocolate cake with pepper and salt" - don't underestimate Karel's cooking abilities!
    Explains why Karel went out in round 1 of Bake off.
  • Breaking peoples confidence about the meeting after the Colchester game just demonstrates what a little man he is.

I am presuming that there was some sort of ongoing contractual agreement with RD given the break clause in his contract with FC Hamme - are these things allowed to remain undisclosed under English/Belgian FA rules? I wonder what sort of other undisclosed contracts Charlton may be party to?
  • If we go down ...which I don't think we will ...RD will sack Riga and re-employ Fraeye as he will believe he can manage at the lower level ...plus he will be dirt cheap.

Good thing we are staying up.
  • There appears to be a slither of sympathy for the CEO.

Please don't waste it on this clueless yes person. Yes she gets over ruled by the megalomaniac at every turn, but like the hapless Karel she could and should fall on her sword. Will she? No. Why? Because like him she is a gutless coward trying to climb the greasy pole.

I look forward to her News Shopper interview when she goes for two reasons

1 It means we are rid of her

2 It will be comedy gold

• “So the board backed me and I was told new players would come through the door.

“A day later, they rang me and told me the backing was not there from the owner and a Huddersfield loss would see me gone. That happened on the Sunday evening.”

So as we knew but this has reconfirmed Roland makes arbitrary decisions from Belgium and disregards what Miere and Murray say

And she will never see it, as long as she has a hole in her backside.
  • Fumbluff said:

cafc999 said:

Pure spin

Karel, you scouted the players and you had no idea how to motivate a team.

You were also never just an interim manager and you even went as far as putting pen to paper on a contract (one of the reasons why it never got published was because of the results)

No one is fooled karel

This a 100%

Too late now Fraeye to disown the network and the role you played in it from before Powell was sacked and even before Roland bought the club.

Spin as much as you like but you were the scout and you had a contract too.
    If only it was possible to lol a flag :wink:
    A flag from @Desperate_Pete is a LOL

Pete tried to pretend he'd met Fraeye once at Cray Wanderers and thought he was a good guy and so all his views on KF came from that.
    Only it seems that it was a lot more than that. Desperate had Fraeye's phones number, was most likely getting bits of spin along with free tickets and lounge passes to pass on here. Never an objective fan giving his view but Karel's mouthpiece.

And in all those conversations and cosy chats that Pete had with Fraeye, when Fraeye insisted he wasn't scouting for the network (except he has now admitted that his was) Pete never thought to ask the obvious questions - "If you weren't the one scouting the players before Powell was sacked what were you doing at the Valley and who was scouting and recommending the players?"
    I know I should not bite but Henry you have a bile inducing way of imagining what happens in any area where you know absolutely fuck all. I understand that you do not like to be questioned about your 'knowledge' of all things relating to Charlton so I will try and leave you alone to your 'thoughts'!
    Incidentally I have tried to flag you before yet somehow they disappear.......
    Probably because flags are meant to be for proper things. You're currently being the kid raising his hand to the teacher because the boy next to you pulled a funny face.
    Flags for proper things..... I would say that some guidance may be helpful as to what they are for, why they exist and for what reasons is it deemed acceptable to issue one.
    For example I got 3 flags for calling our Henry a pretentions twat so; I presume it was 'twat' used personally that offended the 'flaggers'. As it happens I would agree with that, my only defence being that he annoys me so with his repeated mutterings where he cannot distinguish opinion (or maybe feelings in his water) from fact....
    Anyway, for what it's worth I do not think that he has the power to remove flags but certainly they do not 'stick' for long like this mornings!
    Also the use of terms of abuse is used freely on this forum albeit towards people outside of it. Calling people wankers, scum etc is maybe satisfying for the poster but does not give their views much credence. I would never defend KM because she is not very good at her job but I would not call her names when she is merely 'spinning' Roland's arbitrary decision making which is the main reason we are in the shit!

• vff said:

Missed It said:

One thing that does come across, in general and after reading that interview, is that when Ms Meire eventually tries to do the right thing she is constantly over-ruled by M. Duchatelet. He seems to be the worst possible combination of absentee and micro-managing owner.

This is one of the major problems at the club. RD hires people who will put up with his level of micromanaging and overruling of decisions made on the ground. He makes the major decisions but is never accountable of the mistakes made and fires those under him for the decisions that he imposes upon them.
    I agree, and because these people are by definition inadequate for the roles given to them, they are always likely to make poor decisions in areas where they are allowed discretion, including the next tier of staff. So you have a thoroughly useless administration at all significant levels, albeit with a few decent people hanging on against the tide.

Post of the day
    , this is a very accurate statement.
    Is this a thing? If it isn't it certainly should be. POTD, POTW, POTM & POTY.
    We could have a post of the new year, but I think that would be PONY.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:

cafc999 said:

Pure spin

You were also never just an interim manager and you even went as far as putting pen to paper on a contract (one of the reasons why it never got published was because of the results)

No one is fooled karel

This a 100%

Too late now Fraeye to disown the network and the role you played in it from before Powell was sacked and even before Roland bought the club.

Pete tried to pretend he'd met Fraeye once at Cray Wanderers and thought he was a good guy and so all his views on KF came from that.
    Only it seems that it was a lot more than that. Desperate had Fraeye's phones number, was most likely getting bits of spin along with free tickets and lounge passes to pass on here. Never an objective fan giving his view but Karel's mouthpiece.

And in all those conversations and cosy chats that Pete had with Fraeye, when Fraeye insisted he wasn't scouting for the network (except he has now admitted that his was) Pete never thought to ask the obvious questions - "If you weren't the one scouting the players before Powell was sacked what were you doing at the Valley and who was scouting and recommending the players?"
    I know I should not bite but Henry you have a bile inducing way of imagining what happens in any area where you know absolutely fuck all. I understand that you do not like to be questioned about your 'knowledge' of all things relating to Charlton so I will try and leave you alone to your 'thoughts'!
    Probably because flags are meant to be for proper things. You're currently being the kid raising his hand to the teacher because the boy next to you pulled a funny face.
    Flags for proper things..... I would say that some guidance may be helpful as to what they are for, why they exist and for what reasons is it deemed acceptable to issue one.
    For example I got 3 flags for calling our Henry a pretentions twat so; I presume it was 'twat' used personally that offended the 'flaggers'. As it happens I would agree with that, my only defence being that he annoys me so with his repeated mutterings where he cannot distinguish opinion (or maybe feelings in his water) from fact....
    Anyway, for what it's worth I do not think that he has the power to remove flags but certainly they do not 'stick' for long like this mornings!
    Also the use of terms of abuse is used freely on this forum albeit towards people outside of it. Calling people wankers, scum etc is maybe satisfying for the poster but does not give their views much credence. I would never defend KM because she is not very good at her job but I would not call her names when she is merely 'spinning' Roland's arbitrary decision making which is the main reason we are in the shit!

Calling someone names is probably the reason as you say. Where as you flagging Henry for a non offensive post isn't quite a 'proper' use of the Flag. I'm no flag bearing expert but I'm sure you can see the difference between the two.

And of course, abuse is always used freely on the forum towards outsiders, it's a bit like having a conversation with someone. Calling your boss a twat is fine if you are speaking to a friend when your boss is not near or with you, but then calling your boss himself a twat.. Is slightly different.

The main reason people call KM names is not because of her not being very good at her job, I'm sure some is, but because she provokes this action by fueling the fire, calling us customers, consistent lying, rudeness in peoples faces, if a CEO of a serious company was raised a concern by a customer or a client and he/she laughed back in to their face in an ignorant, that's not true sort of fashion, I'm sure that person would also be called names.
  • edited February 2016
    Sorry Karel, but, if you're still reading the Addicks message boards and social media, I'm afraid it DID NOT work.
  • edited February 2016
    No one comes out of this interview looking very good.

Karel knew what he was doing and has done for the past two years. He has had a direct contribution to our decline. For him to suggest anything contrary is an insult to us customers.

Katrien and Richard Murray look like puppets who can say what they want re strategy, communication etc but they can be overruled by the owner on a whim. They go months without telling us a thing, then when they put out a message ("Karel has our full backing"), they're forced into a u-turn within 24 hours.

And then there's Roland who has never looked like anything other than a total interfering jockey.
  • Fumbluff said:

cafc999 said:

Pure spin

No one is fooled karel

This a 100%

Calling someone names is probably the reason as you say. Where as you flagging Henry for a non offensive post isn't quite a 'proper' use of the Flag. I'm no flag bearing expert but I'm sure you can see the difference between the two.

And of course, abuse is always used freely on the forum towards outsiders, it's a bit like having a conversation with someone. Calling your boss a twat is fine if you are speaking to a friend when your boss is not near or with you, but then calling your boss himself a twat.. Is slightly different.

The main reason people call KM names is not because of her not being very good at her job, I'm sure some is, but because she provokes this action by fueling the fire, calling us customers, consistent lying, rudeness in peoples faces, if a CEO of a serious company was raised a concern by a customer or a client and he/she laughed back in to their face in an ignorant, that's not true sort of fashion, I'm sure that person would also be called names.
    While I agree with you for the most part I did find Henry's post offensive to me so I flagged him.
    Incidentally calling anyone that is not a member a twat is okay because one thinks that they are not going to read the post is okay? Sorry if I misunderstood.
    Only a little off point, I think that there is a case when 'spinning' a story to cover for your boss is so obvious that it becomes a lie. KM is certainly guilty of that but I cannot remember an outright lie that she has made...I may be wrong or cannot remember......
    Posters on this forum spin little bits of information to make their own points and to suggest a 'true' narrative and you do not need 3 guesses to say who the main culprit of this I am thinking of?
  • He was a garbage manager, should just keep his nut down
  • edited February 2016

Fumbluff said:

cafc999 said:

Pure spin

No one is fooled karel

This a 100%

KM is certainly guilty of that but I cannot remember an outright lie that she has made...I may be wrong or cannot remember......

Every coach has been a success ?

RD has not told the coaches which players to play.

Charlton have Premiership ambition.

Christ on a bike, there's loads.

• Anyway this thread is timely as it just serves to reinforce our ardour post match on saturday

RD out
  • LuckyReds said:

Every time people discuss flags and/or bemoan receiving one.. I always have the peculiar urge to flag them. Do other people get this or am I just an asshole?

The truth is that flags are given for such silly reasons now that they have no significance any more. I was horrified when I first got one but now I can't say I'm bothered.

Although please don't flag this! ;-)
  • Fumbluff said:

cafc999 said:

Pure spin

No one is fooled karel

This a 100%

KM is certainly guilty of that but I cannot remember an outright lie that she has made...I may be wrong or cannot remember......

Every coach has been a success ?

RD has not told the coaches which players to play.

Charlton have Premiership ambition.

Christ on a bike, there's loads.

Okay these examples are as close to a lie as you can get but my point that I was making here was that spinning 'stuff’ can get so great that they become lies in all but name. Henry take note!