Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye Speaks - Another disgruntled ex-employee

Comments

• telling maybe that RD wouldn't back Fraeye after Colchester, perhaps he too had finally had enough of all the crap players Karel had recommended and couldn't trust him with getting it right now.
  • I think the first point we have to acknowledge is that Fraeye was not a good manager and shouldn’t have been appointed in the first place. That he doesn’t have qualities to offer the game is not fair and almost certainly untrue. He has lifted the lid on some difficulties he faced – he clearly wanted to strengthen the team, but played the corporate line and told us the team was strong enough. He set himself up to be a fall guy. I think it is true that a great manager would have struggled with the squad he had, but he clearly was not maximising use of the squad in my eyes. What was the impact of this? – possibly 4 or 5 points over his rein.

I think it is a bit laughable to take the credit for blooding Lookman. It did seem like a bit of a no brainer at the time. It is yet another tale of a manager who leaves a little bitter about his treatment. Duchatelet, this is not the way to run a club. We now have a proper manager –appointed more through desperation than common sense – but I can take that. Riga needs to be backed by the owner and not undermined by him and his faceless ‘experts’ within the network.

Fraeye should have gone much sooner, but all the same, his interview has re-affirmed why we are protesting. The ownership has to not sit snuggly blaming everybody else. They have made a right pigs ear of things, and they have not optimised the money they have spent – wasting far too much of it.

I think we are now at a point where a truce between supporters and the regime could be found. It won’t be, because it would involve them being open and honest and acknowledging the mistakes they have made, and re-assuring us that Riga will be backed and they have learned from them – they are not good and identifying the problem and accepting it is them. Meire is a fool who can tut tut fans who simply want more money spent, but she is inventing the issue. It isn’t the money, but how it is spent that we object to. We object to it, because it is damaging our club. Of course there are issues off the pitch too, but I think 80% of the owner’s plan makes sense. It’s the 20% that will kill us if he continues on his crazy path. He just needs to bring in a CEO who knows what they are doing, can say the right things to the fans, and to use the fact that probably the most knowledgable and able member of his network happens to be managing us at the moment. Trust that and let him manage with the support he says he needs. This will make things look a lot brighter and it will actually work out cheaper! I think it is a forlorn hope by the way.

You may be right, I heard he makes a mean cup of tea ;-)
  • Nothing that fraud can say will detract from his inability to pretend to be a manager of a football club interim or permanent

Fuck off fraye and crawl back under your rock

Think that's harsh and unnecessary TBH.

• Sponsored links:

• Not really anything in there that we hadn't known or assumed to be the case anyway but yet more evidence of the shambles that our club has become. An absentee owner arrogantly set in his own flawed ways and a pair of muppets on the ground muddling, lying and failing their way through their daily activities.

Or did Fraeye take everything that you said to him out of context, Katrien? Was it Fraeye preventing your better communication and financial management, Richard? Fraeye should never have been anywhere near our club in the first instance but the fact that he's yet another manager that hasn't got a good word to say about the running of the club on his departure speaks volumes. Especially as he was so entrenched in the regime itself initially.

The game was up a long time ago. CARD need to keep pushing hard and the fans need to back them well. We need these cretins out of our club.

Other than watching as much as I could stand of Katrien's nasty condescension on the Fans Forum video, I haven't kept up with goings on over the last fortnight following the arrive of the first mini-PITL. I always imagined that instilling a love of Charlton would be a given for my offspring, if this lot are still here when the time comes then it's not something that I'll have the heart to encourage.
  • se9addick said:

So Katrien & Richard Murray apparently said;

"even with Mourinho, it would be hard to keep the team up"

Very interesting.

Also, highly unlikely. I cannot see Jacko saying that.
  • Spin.
    Bad spin.
    I bet Fraeye called the office to ask if he could do an interview, please.
  • cafc999 said:

Pure spin

Karel, you scouted the players and you had no idea how to motivate a team.

You were also never just an interim manager and you even went as far as putting pen to paper on a contract (one of the reasons why it never got published was because of the results)

No one is fooled karel

This a 100%

Too late now Fraeye to disown the network and the role you played in it from before Powell was sacked and even before Roland bought the club.

Spin as much as you like but you were the scout and you had a contract too.
    Of course he always had a Contract before the Interim job... Why else would he have had a Clause in his VVV Hamme Contract stating that he could leave them if ever Roland snapped his fingers.

Would be like me having a clause in my future marriage contract stating I could divorce my wife if a hot Page 3 model came calling but there's no point having that Clause because I know it would never happen
    P.S. People do know me and my fiancee so dont want the above clause / information getting back to her lol!
    Damn! Too late. Sorry, pal.

• rikofold said:

"But of course, my ambition is to manage and I don't know if this could happen working with the owner."

That's as telling as anything he said in my view, and absolutely damning.

And yet the CEO will, if ever asked about this, say "he's an ex-employee" as if that negates everything he and the many other ex-employees say.

Deep down I wonder if Katrien still really believes in Roland and what he does. She had been undermined by him so many times with the appointment of coaches and perhaps in other areas too and get little or no public support.
    I have little faith in any of them to be honest. There are no combinations of 'stories' that corroborate each other. Murray, Meire, Fraye, they all tell a different story about the same thing. I think they are all stumbling around trying to save their reputation. The only one that isn't contradicting himself or others is Roland and that's only because he never, ever says anything.

There is nothing worse that a load of people trying to blame each other for everything. Any organisation where the individuals are more concerned with their own reputation than the organisation or the way forward is always going to be in a mess. I hate the blame culture but it would seem that no one at Charlton is willing to accept responsibility for failures, personally. They are always someone else's fault. Fraye was a poor appointment and for all the rubbish he spouts about which players he wanted and having no credibility due to being a interim appointment the truth is that he was never going to be around for long because he couldn't do the job. He should have fallen on his own sword or KM should have sacked him or RM should have publicly condemned his position but to save face they were all blaming the others while the games we had left to save our season were ebbing away.

I have a good feeling about our chances this season, but had Riga come in six games earlier we would, probably, not be in the mess we are now, and to cap it all off we may well have had Spurs at the Valley last weekend giving the club a massive financial boost as well as giving the fans something to enjoy.

Until those 'running' our club stop protecting themselves we will go from crises to crises.
    To be fair that's all that a lot of supporters want. Some one to come out and say "we did this completely wrong, let's draw a line under it and start again, having learnt from our mistakes." Rather than just bullshit pr and spin
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm still certain that Lookman ONLY came into the First Team because Jason Euell was promoted

He's another Pardew. Trying to take credit for any little positive but anything negative is someone else's fault.
  • rikofold said:

"But of course, my ambition is to manage and I don't know if this could happen working with the owner."

And yet the CEO will, if ever asked about this, say "he's an ex-employee" as if that negates everything he and the many other ex-employees say.

Deep down I wonder if Katrien still really believes in Roland and what he does. She had been undermined by him so many times with the appointment of coaches and perhaps in other areas too and get little or no public support.
    I very much doubt she believes in him any more ... but she revels in having a high profile job and still personally believes that she is doing a good job ... you just have to listen to her inane comments to know that.

As I have said from the beginning, we are just a notch on her CV ... her aim is to be CEO of a large company outside our 'industry' ... this is just a 'stepping stone' for her.
  • Addicted said:

Got to laugh when reading that bullshit.

Were the horrible customers nasty to you Karel?

Could it have been because you weaselled your way into a job you couldn't do and then made a massive contribution to a potential relegation Karel? With the players you had a big say in signing Karel?

The bloke is a worm.

This. Just this!
  • edited February 2016
    rikofold said:

Karel forgot to add that, although his ambition is to manage, no credible owner at any reasonable level would dream of employing him.

He chose to work with Roland and knew exactly what he was like as an employer. Karel seems to think that, as soon as he walked into the manager's office at Sparrows Lane, he became a genuine football manager. There's more to it beyond blagging a chance of getting your foot in the door, you clueless hack.

If you want to manage, try Championship Manager or Subbuteo and stop wasting other people's time