Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fraeye Speaks - Another disgruntled ex-employee

Comments

• Options
    If people got them back if they are churlish, it would police itself. But like you said - getting one reflects more on the sad bastard who has sent it (only when done for no good reason) than you so getting one becomes water off a duck's back.
  • Options
    Just noticed that I have 7 abuse for a joke that I made a long long time ago. Sorry to any who were offended. It was not racist or sexist or any other ist.
  • Options
    I've just gained two for this thread- just add them on - it is only a shame as they should be used for serious purposes.
  • Options
    Feel sorry for him. It's the same old stuff. RD is the root of everything bad that is going on. Depressing reading that. Just emphasizes what we already know.
  • Options

se9addick said:

So Katrien & Richard Murray apparently said;

"even with Mourinho, it would be hard to keep the team up"

Very interesting.

Yet Fraeye said when he came that you can only play 11 players and he didn't need more players
    He was just reading his script aloud as instructed, ;)
  • Options

There appears to be a slither of sympathy for the CEO

I look forward to her News Shopper interview when she goes for two reasons

1 It means we are rid of her

2 It will be comedy gold

It's just a shame that we'll all read it "out of context"
  • Options
    Fraye was an absolute Laundry basket case.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

rikofold said:

"But of course, my ambition is to manage and I don't know if this could happen working with the owner."

That's as telling as anything he said in my view, and absolutely damning.

And yet the CEO will, if ever asked about this, say "he's an ex-employee" as if that negates everything he and the many other ex-employees say.

Deep down I wonder if Katrien still really believes in Roland and what he does. She had been undermined by him so many times with the appointment of coaches and perhaps in other areas too and get little or no public support.
    But she, like her appointments, are unlikely to find better should she leave, such is the nature of her engagement here. And she certainly can't leave a failure.

I mean, how odd is it to have a clause in your contract outside the network that should RD call you can follow freely? Because that's what Fraeye had, and it seems he knew he'd get a chance with RD that noone else was likely to offer.
    Would guess the "company" he was at was owned by an acquaintance of RD to allow that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This guy was the equivalent of a spunk stain on the sheets of our club's history. Of no consequence whatsoever. He may have been a nice guy and had a nice waistcoat but he was an utter fraud. I have no feelings whatsoever towards him. An utter irrelevance. Bye Carol. Have a nice life.
  • Options
    He has the consolation of course of joining that elusive but ever growning club... The Roland Douchbag ex-managers club!
  • Options
    Fraeye's lack of experience really stands out, even when you compare him with Peeters and Luzon. Both had far better managerial credentials, and Peeters has an impressive playing career too (with English experience albeit with the spanners).

Fraeye had none of this on his side.
  • Options
    The man tried his best - I can't think of a manager who doesn't. He had to take the Charlton job, who wouldn't in his situation?

Hope he and Guy do well in the future and that Jose is here for a long time.

• Options
    I agree, he felt he could do the job. He had to try, he shouldn't have been offered it.

I don't think it was the fact he wasn't given the role permanently that led to his failure. It didn't help. It was his lack of experience, ability to set up a structure, even with limited resources, and his belief that, in the championship, playing people out of position is going to do it against a well drilled and organised team is anything less than a disaster.

Inexperienced though he was, he should have resigned earlier than he was asked to leave.

• Options
    Apologies if anyone else has mentioned this but I seem to recall that when Carol was appointed it was mentioned/rumoured (presumably source Katey) that Jose RIga's previous success was very much down to Carol?
  • Options
    She only said he masterminded it, that's all.
  • Options
    "In the press and media I always defended the team"

and here's what Fraeye said about THD's red card vs Forest..

KF: “It was a second yellow. It was the same foul two times. “It’s unlucky for Tareiq and unfortunate for us, because it’s obviously a lot easier to play with 11 than with 10. “But it is a lesson learned for him.”

Sounds like THD was hung out to dry instead of defending him. Should have backed THD all the way it's what all the best managers do in public then deal with the matter in private. Fraeye was too honest because he's not savvy enough to know how to handle those situations. Mind you when you've only managed at Sunday league level you won't come across many red cards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

KF: “It was a second yellow. It was the same foul two times. “It’s unlucky for Tareiq and unfortunate for us, because it’s obviously a lot easier to play with 11 than with 10. “But it is a lesson learned for him.”

Sounds like THD was hung out to dry instead of defending him. Should have backed THD all the way it's what all the best managers do in public then deal with the matter in private. Fraeye was too honest because he's not savvy enough to know how to handle those situations. Mind you when you've only managed at Sunday league level you won't come across many red cards.

To be fair I can't remember exactly what THD had done in that match, if it was exactly the same sort of foul then that is frustrating and he needs to take some blame.

Even if he is a young player learning his trade, it's one of those lessons he learnt the hard way. I don't think Fraeye was too bad saying that.

However, thinking back to that game he probably needed to deflect the sheer idiocy of bringing THD on at RB just to push Solly in to the midfield.

It was his substitution in that match which meant we lost any attacking impetus - Solly was making good ground along the right. Then Fraeye decided for some stupid reason that he would be better in the middle..
  • Options
    Let's hope this is the last we see of him.

Unless he wants to come and protest after Bristol, tomorrow.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

To be fair I can't remember exactly what THD had done in that match, if it was exactly the same sort of foul then that is frustrating and he needs to take some blame.

Even if he is a young player learning his trade, it's one of those lessons he learnt the hard way. I don't think Fraeye was too bad saying that.

However, thinking back to that game he probably needed to deflect the sheer idiocy of bringing THD on at RB just to push Solly in to the midfield.

It was his substitution in that match which meant we lost any attacking impetus - Solly was making good ground along the right. Then Fraeye decided for some stupid reason that he would be better in the middle..
    I get what you're saying but even if it was the same foul commited twice it was still a harsh red card. Often players commit the same foul which they will get booked for once but not booked a second time if it results in a red card, look at Makienok last Saturday had he not already been booked he would have probably been booked but he wasn't sent off for it. And harsh or not Fraeye should have saved those words for the dressing room and just said something along the lines of he didn't see the incident when questioned. Right or wrong you always publicly back your player or deny seeing the incident. Praise in public and criticise in private.

And yes you are absolutely right that tactical change was just shocking.
  • Options
    Knobhead.

Was a part where reading the interview I was thinking, oh, ok....but it didn't last.

• Options
    A desperate man and as much of a slime ball as Pardew
  • Options
    Fraeye is the only manager I can ever remember sending on a substitute carrying dispatches to the front.
    Bless him.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Dont worry - he's found himself a job in England already

No! For the fifth time - I asked for a sausage and egg mcmuffin, hash brown and orange juice. What do you mean you asked the cook for a mcmuffin but he gave you a 99p cheeseburger that someone dropped on the floor yesterday?? Fuck it, I'm off to Kebab Planet down the road, they know what they're doing
  • Options
    He wasn't sacked, he was relieved......................not arf as much as we were though.
  • Options

I agree, he felt he could do the job. He had to try, he shouldn't have been offered it.

I don't think it was the fact he wasn't given the role permanently that led to his failure. It didn't help. It was his lack of experience, ability to set up a structure, even with limited resources, and his belief that, in the championship, playing people out of position is going to do it against a well drilled and organised team is anything less than a disaster.

Inexperienced though he was, he should have resigned earlier than he was asked to leave.

He had 2 good wins but when he was outfoxed by Mick McCarthy against Ipswich he seemed to lose confidence in his own tactics and made increasingly bad decisions there after. I suppose that is where lack of experience really told.