Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jamie Vardy Harry Kane Euro2016

I haven't watched MOTD in a long time but going by what the premier league table and PL top scorers says, could these 2 form a partnership upfront that clicks and heavily threatens big teams?

I would say in order for it to be effective and take us back 20 years....it would need a better manager.

We also of course still have Sturridge (if not injured) and Rooney.

My heart says we could do something special...my head says we will still be made to look average if we play the likes of Germany/Spain....but might have more bollocks and confidence about us.

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Would be interesting to see if JV and HK can play in the same team, Rooney is Roy's go to man, unless he's injured.
  • As much as it pains me to say, the wimper we are going out with (it seems) and my general dissillusion with Charlton as a whole, find myself much caring an increased amount about how Vardy/Kane/Rooney etc are all performing and less about our players lately.

Genuinely excited about France this year, think we can have a real good go. Posted on the Leicester thread that Roy would be mad not to take Vardy and him and Kane up front could well be lethal. Although doubt we will see those two paired together much, guessing Roy will always start with Rooney. Massively fancy Vardy to have defenders running scared when he comes on though! Looking forward to it, find out about tickets in the England section for group games tomorrow as well!
  • Kane has to start. Quality player.
  • For once, a nice striker decision for Roy to contemplate. Our choices were looking very limited a while back, lets hope they all carry on their form until the Euro's.
  • Kane started the season slow and everyone thought he was a one hit wonder that wont fully repeat.

Very happy he improved and appears to have reproduced.
  • Apart from maybe Germany, and even they didn't have a 100% convincing qualification campaign, I'm not sure there are any teams to fear in Europe at the moment. We're a way short of being the best, but the golden generation of Spanish players are gone now (not that they don't still have a fair few good 'uns), the French hate each other, Netherland's aren't there, Italy are no great shakes.

Maybe a new team will come to the fore (Belgium?), but right now I don't see that many clear favorites so I think England have the potential to go a decent way into the tournament.

Would like to see us playing the way Leicester do, high energy, high tempo, pressing high up the pitch, being direct (as in attack fast, not necessarily long ball). Think it suit us more than Roy's preference for massed defence playing on the break.
  • jams said:

Out at the group stages

Cheers for that
  • I'd start with Kane with Vardy off the bench... Alli and Barkley should also start...
  • I'd like to see Kane score as many as Vardy has for Leicester, or score as many as Austin did in a terrible QPR side.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016
    Both will definately go and i would suspect Kane will start as lone striker with Rooney just behind him.
  • edited February 2016
    We have in form, goal scoring strikers (Vardy, Kane and even Rooney), in form, goal scoring attacking midfielders (Alli, Barkley) and in form keepers (Hart, Butland and Forster).

Sort out the defence and we stand a chance!
  • We have in form, goal scoring strikers (Vardy, Kane and even Rooney), in form, goal scoring attacking midfielders (Alli, Barkley) and in form keepers (Hart, Butland and Forster).

Sort out the defence and we stand a chance!

Thats when the word injury always bites us in the ass and at completely the wrong time.
  • I'd like to see Kane score as many as Vardy has for Leicester, or score as many as Austin did in a terrible QPR side.

I don't see why Kane wouldn't score as many goals as Vardy. He doesn't have Vardy's raw pace that is important to the way Leicester play, but it's not like Vardy is creating tons of chances all for himself - they have a pretty decent midfield feeding him and I haven't see that many goals from Vardy that Kane couldn't have finished just as well in the same position.

Austin is all about goals. He should absolutely be in the squad and on the bench, but I don't think England can carry him for 90 minutes against the best sides because he contributes less outside the box.
  • Kane and Vardy could easily play together, As Kane can play deeper (his idol was Sherringham the typical support striker), while Vardy has massive amounts of energy so will be hassling the opposition all over the pitch
  • I just think it is unfair that Kane has a shoe in the squad on the basis that he plays for a bigger club. Roy doesn't care about how good someone is - If they play for the right club, they're in.
  • I'd have both Vardy and Kane up front, with Rooney behind them.

Not sure if Daniel Sturridge will be fit it time, but if he is then I would absolutely take him.

Just as long as Welbeck doesn't get anywhere close...
  • They both rely heavily on an assistive partner. Won't work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's hope all our players aren't all knackered and injured by the end of the season. At least vardy won't have had a full champions league campaign behind him
  • Vardy needs a Mahrez.
  • --------------Hart
    ------Stones - Cahill - Smalling
    Clyne-----------------------Rose
    --------------Dier
    -------Alli --------- Barkley

---------Kane - Vardy

Could be interesting
  • hodgy tends to go for a 4 3 3. So imo it'll be either kane or rooney in the centre, with vardy and sterling either side of him.
  • hodgy tends to go for a 4 3 3. So imo it'll be either kane or rooney in the centre, with vardy and sterling either side of him.

Vardy wasted on the wing and can't cross... Give Clyne and Rose a free reign to get forwards and supply two shit-hot strikers. Think they would compliment eachother up top too, could be a mustard partnership
  • CAFCsayer said:

hodgy tends to go for a 4 3 3. So imo it'll be either kane or rooney in the centre, with vardy and sterling either side of him.

Vardy wasted on the wing and can't cross... Give Clyne and Rose a free reign to get forwards and supply two shit-hot strikers. Think they would compliment eachother up top too, could be a mustard partnership
    i agree but hodgy is the kinda guy that likes playing some one like welbeck on the left wing for shits and giggles.
  • I bloody love Vardy, but cannot see England being able to play a style of sit back counter attack football that he has thrived in this season.

Kane has to start for me as the 9, with Rooney as the 10.
  • cafctom said:

I'd have both Vardy and Kane up front, with Rooney behind them.

Not sure if Daniel Sturridge will be fit it time, but if he is then I would absolutely take him.

Just as long as Welbeck doesn't get anywhere close...

Was listening to Chris Sutton the other day talking about Daniel Sturridge, and he said that in football terms, he had "a heart the size of a pea" - and I think there is something in that.

With the exception of long term injuries, I cannot fathom how a professional athlete can be injured as often as he is - there has to be a mental problem in there somewhere.

Jurgen Klopp has obviously sensed this as well, hence his openly discussing Sturridge with the press, and questioning Sturridge's pain threshold.

No way you can trust him to stay fit, so he would not be in my squad.
  • In traditional English style, the striker in the best form will break a metatarsal on the eve of the tournament.

I'd love to see Roy be bold from the start and deploy something similar to CAFCsayer's team. However, it wouldn't surprise me if he goes for a "must not lose" approach in the first game. I'd also like to think Hart's position isn't a certainty. Fraser Forster is keeping clean sheets for fun at present.

In the Vardy/Kane debate - Rooney and Vardy to start for me. With what looks like it could be our youngest squad in decades, we need some experience on the pitch.