Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jamie Vardy Harry Kane Euro2016

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

--------------Hart
    ------Stones - Cahill - Smalling
    Clyne-----------------------Rose
    --------------Dier
    -------Alli --------- Barkley

---------Kane - Vardy

Could be interesting

We have Baines, Shaw, Cresswell, Gibbs and Bertrand and you go for Danny Rose? Bloody hell. I actually like the rest of that team but it's too much of a departure from the way any of those players play for their club. I think if we're going to get the most out of Vardy it would make sense to include Danny Drinkwater. His ability to break up play and get up the pitch quickly and repeatedly as part of a counter is such an important part of what's worked for Leicester this season. And even though I never thought I'd say anything like this, if we're chasing a game we could do a lot worse than Marc Albrighton's crossing.
  • Options
    If your gana have Rooney behind Vardy and Kane, its something that would have to be extremely practised otherwise it wouldn't work at all.

I don't believe in Roy. Nice bloke and speaks well but he's not a strong enough character to get the best out of these guys.

We've lost the golden generation (that still achieved nothing) but there are developments of potential in the squad...attack and general pace the most exciting bit.

Centre mid has taken a huge set back in terms of individual quality over recent years, which is still a problem.

I would hate it if Belgium came anywhere near close to winning the competition.
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

--------------Hart
    --------------Dier

---------Kane - Vardy

Could be interesting

We have Baines, Shaw, Cresswell, Gibbs and Bertrand and you go for Danny Rose? Bloody hell. I actually like the rest of that team but it's too much of a departure from the way any of those players play for their club. I think if we're going to get the most out of Vardy it would make sense to include Danny Drinkwater. His ability to break up play and get up the pitch quickly and repeatedly as part of a counter is such an important part of what's worked for Leicester this season. And even though I never thought I'd say anything like this, if we're chasing a game we could do a lot worse than Marc Albrighton's crossing.

Baines, Cresswll and Bertrand not wingbacks
    Shaw's crocked, would have him in if fit
    Don't rate Gibbs and he isn't playing

I don't particularly rate Rose but he would be the most suited to that formation.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

--------------Hart
    --------------Dier

---------Kane - Vardy

Could be interesting

I don't particularly rate Rose but he would be the most suited to that formation.
    Maybe rose would be most suited but there is no way in the world we are going to realistically play 3 at the back. Also would mean leaving out Sterling.
  • Options
    Sturridge?! I'd be taking Defoe personally.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

--------------Hart
    --------------Dier

---------Kane - Vardy

Could be interesting

I think you'll find Leighton Baines is a far more experienced wingback than Danny Rose is. I don't know if I've ever actually seen Danny Rose play at wingback as Spurs always play four at the back but Martinez at Everton tries several times a season to see if he can switch to a central three at the back with Baines and Coleman at WB. Add to that the fact that Baines is the defender with the most Premier League assists of all time with 52 - which is a long old look down to Rose's 14 - I'm not sure on what planet Danny Rose is more suited to being England's wingback than Baines. It's not this one though. In fact, Ryan Bertrand lined up for Saints at left wingback against West Ham just this Saturday. Rose is one of the only ones in that list who hasn't played wingback this season.
  • Options
    Kane over Vardy everyday of the week. Kane is a better all round player
  • Options
    Love him or hate him Rooney is bang on form at the moment. If he carries on like this until the end of the season he has to start for england.
  • Options
    GK - Butland/Hart
    RB - Clyne
    CB - Cahill
    CB - Stones
    LB - Baines
    CDM - Dier
    CM - Alli
    CM - Barkley/Henderson
    CAM - Rooney/Barkley
    ST - Vardy
    ST - Kane

That would probably be my ideal lineup (which combination of Barkley, Rooney and Henderson probably depends on who we play).

The thing about football is that any formation and any system will leave a gap in the field somewhere. This one definitely leaves us potentially exposed down the flanks, but Clyne can bomb up and down while Baines is no mug.

In a defensive context against teams that like to play wide, Dier functions as an excellent pivot while I'd back Barkley, Alli and Vardy in some way [NB I'm obviously no tactical expert] to help cover the flanks and try to stifle any freedom opposition full-backs might be allowed by this system.

In attack - it speaks for itself. Vardy and Kane are the two best English strikers; Alli and Barkley are the two best English central midfielders. They'll be able to undo many defences, especially Alli/Kane who are at the same club, while Barkley is prone to the odd genius pass every so often. Vardy is rapid; Kane has plenty of intelligence and good technique - exciting times ahead. Rooney has a wealth of experience and though many might disagree, he's really quite a good footballer.

Henderson, Lallana, Sturridge/Welbeck/Walcott/whoever, Shelvey would all be adequate alternatives if necessary in attack. Defence - no idea who would cover but I'd be included to see what Scott Dann's like despite him being a Palace player (he's had a good season).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'd have Drinkwater over Henderson all day long.

Great shout. I'd be tempted by Mark Albrighton too.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

They both rely heavily on an assistive partner. Won't work.

Barkley has 7 assists, Albrighton 6 and Ali has 5, in the PL this season. There is enough creativity in there to play two strikers.
  • Options

Agree. Really underrated player. Never seems to have a bad game. Really 100 %er as well. Would love to see him in the squad. If Delph can, he can.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Agree. Really underrated player. Never seems to have a bad game. Really 100 %er as well. Would love to see him in the squad. If Delph can, he can.
    Be interesting to see how he plays against Ozil this week.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    PaddyP17 said:

GK - Butland/Hart
    RB - Clyne
    CB - Cahill
    CB - Stones
    LB - Baines
    CDM - Dier
    CM - Alli
    CM - Barkley/Henderson
    CAM - Rooney/Barkley
    ST - Vardy
    ST - Kane

That would probably be my ideal lineup (which combination of Barkley, Rooney and Henderson probably depends on who we play).

The thing about football is that any formation and any system will leave a gap in the field somewhere. This one definitely leaves us potentially exposed down the flanks, but Clyne can bomb up and down while Baines is no mug.

In a defensive context against teams that like to play wide, Dier functions as an excellent pivot while I'd back Barkley, Alli and Vardy in some way [NB I'm obviously no tactical expert] to help cover the flanks and try to stifle any freedom opposition full-backs might be allowed by this system.

In attack - it speaks for itself. Vardy and Kane are the two best English strikers; Alli and Barkley are the two best English central midfielders. They'll be able to undo many defences, especially Alli/Kane who are at the same club, while Barkley is prone to the odd genius pass every so often. Vardy is rapid; Kane has plenty of intelligence and good technique - exciting times ahead. Rooney has a wealth of experience and though many might disagree, he's really quite a good footballer.

Henderson, Lallana, Sturridge/Welbeck/Walcott/whoever, Shelvey would all be adequate alternatives if necessary in attack. Defence - no idea who would cover but I'd be included to see what Scott Dann's like despite him being a Palace player (he's had a good season).

Think for me it would be Smalling and Stones at the back. I used to think smalling was appaling' (sorry had to get something that rhymed in there) Along with De Gea, he has been man utd's stand out performer this season.
  • Options
    Would still have Joe Hart in goal ahead of Jack Butland as well... Come the World Cup in Russia those two really will be battling for the England shirt but at the moment I do think that Hart still has the slight edge (and I'm a huge Butland fan)
  • Options

Would still have Joe Hart in goal ahead of Jack Butland as well... Come the World Cup in Russia those two really will be battling for the England shirt but at the moment I do think that Hart still has the slight edge (and I'm a huge Butland fan)

Good that Hart has competition. But I don't think his shirt is in jeopardy. Him and Rooney are probably the only 2 who can safely say they are guaranteed starters. Ironic really because over the years it's probably been only 2 places up for grabs.
  • Options

Be interesting to see how he plays against Ozil this week.
    Indeed. Arsenal are the only team that have given Leicester a real going over this season - and even the Leicester still had a go. Hope Leicester don't play for a draw, would love them to go there and get a win.
  • Options

With Forster's current form, he'll be strongly competing with Butland to be backup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

With Forster's current form, he'll be strongly competing with Butland to be backup.
    If you mean the Southampton 'keeper, he's been out for the season...
  • Options

And since his return from injury hasn't conceded in over 9 hours including shut outs against West Ham, Arsenal and Man Utd.
  • Options

And since his return from injury hasn't conceded in over 9 hours including shut outs against West Ham, Arsenal and Man Utd.
    Yeah just saw... Seen he's played 5 games and has kept five clean sheets, didnt think he'd be back this season
  • Options
    Hart
    Walker, Cahill, Smalling, Bertrand
    Drinkwater
    Sterling, Alli, Rooney, Vardy
    Kane
  • Options
    Hart
    Clyne ... Smalling ... Stones ... Bertrand
    Alli ... Drinkwater / Dier ... Rooney ... Barkley
    Vardy ... Kane

(Playing the diamond with Rooney behind the Strikers and Drinkwater or Eric Dier playing Defensive Midfield)
  • Options

Yeah just saw... Seen he's played 5 games and has kept five clean sheets, didnt think he'd be back this season
    I didn't either but he's been absolutely fantastic. Some of the saves he's made have been incredible, whereas Butland's going through a slightly leaner spell at the moment. Hart will get the shirt regardless. Typical England to have three quality players in a position where you can only have one person
  • Options
    Well im sure when Hodgson picks his team he'll take far more into account than current club form, if they're fit Hart, Henderson, Rooney will all be definite starters and rightfully so.
  • Options
    The beauty is, Hart is the one player who can be rested for the upcoming friendlies in March or you could play:

Germany: Hart / Butland
    Netherlands: Forster / Heaton

I know this should should probably go under General Things that Annoy You but it really does annoy me when the press and fans come out saying that this is the weakest England Team for years...

For me its a better England team, we've got the likes of Alli / Gomez / Butland / Stones all coming through, none of them have jumped ship from current teams to join a big side just to sit on the bench, all are just getting on with playing football rather than previous years when we've had to listen to the pointless opinions of Rio Ferdinand!!

And to the old school of Paul Scholes / Steven Gerrard etc. you can moan saying that this England squad will never win anything, but you were apparently the Golden Generation and you won squat for England yourselves!!
  • Options
    Hart

Clyne Cahill Jagielka Bertrand

Henderson Delph

Ox Alli Sterling

Rooney

is what Woy will probably play.
  • Options
    How is Stones getting into so many teams on here? Been woeful this season.