Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adam Johnson

Comments

• Options
    This morning in court he has alleged that he googled "age of consent" following a discussion on the subject with colleagues in the dressing room. Sounds totally plausible, that.
  • Options
    Well it's Johnson who is on trial, not the girl, so in that sense, NLA is completely on the money.

@kings hill addick is making a point regarding her testimony, and that the distress he caused is ought to be taken into account. Now I guess it's fair to question that, seeing as the prosecution raised it, but ultimately, none of us really know whether that distress was real or not (the Wickham evidence implies, but does not confirm). That kind of speculation, particularly regarding a victim, bothers me a bit.
  • Options
    Orlando Pownall is the one who got Chris Cairns off scot-free. He's formidable and a great help if you're a wealthy sportsman in trouble.
  • Options

This morning in court he has alleged that he googled "age of consent" following a discussion on the subject with colleagues in the dressing room. Sounds totally plausible, that.

Sorry but to me it sounds like a totally made up story.

By the way, Johnson used the word "platonic" to describe his initial meetings with the girl. I don't know if that was what his lawyer told him to say or not. I just find it absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options

Sorry but to me it sounds like a totally made up story.

By the way, Johnson used the word "platonic" to describe his initial meetings with the girl. I don't know if that was what his lawyer told him to say or not. I just find it absolutely ridiculous.
    I was being sarcastic.
  • Options
    Even from the evidence he gave it sounds like he is up shit creek without a paddle.
  • Options

As a female you should see it totaly different to how you seem to as you have been a 15yr old girl, Me being male and over 28 see it from the the point of every other normal man who knows that the only reason he done it is because he is a nonce and he abused his postition of an adult and took advantage of a child

As you haven't been a 15 year old girl how would you know how I or one would think? If I had sent a footballer a picture of myself in a bikini when I was 15 it wouldn't have been because I wanted his autograph.

I have said before that I DO NOT believe what he did was right

We'll have to agree to disagree
  • Options
    I think Johnsons wife is appalling if she sticks with him....and it sounds like she probably will. "Love" can probably see through a lot...but even with that in mind.

She needs to wake up.

It seems that some women married to footballers literally couldn't give a shit if they've been cheated on and how many times. Money coats everything...even every emotion.

No pride, just slaves to money....even though they probably earn a fair bit themselves.

Not even to mention the age of the person Johnson cheated with. You would think in the real world his wife would have washed her hands with him soon as she heard of that fact....whatever the court of law decides.

I have sympathy for her (the wife) only in the sense that she embarrassingly will stick with her man, whatever he's done and is now in the public eye for it being exploited of her privacy to remain loyal.

She might be as gorgeous as hell but what a tart

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Sorry Dave but it's not fair to drag his girlfriend into this whole mess. She's also a victim. What has she done to deserve such blame? She might be after the money but she's been with him for five or six years. It takes a lot of sacrifice and courage to stick with him in a situation like this. It would be easier for her to just dump him right away. Like most of the male posters on this thread have pointed out, she's a very beautiful lady and she probably wouldn't have any problems finding another multimillionaire in football. We don't know whether she'll leave him when he's finally thrown into prison but I think she did the right thing staying with him at this crucial point. If she left him now, that would make her a much bigger money slave in my eyes because that would mean she really cared about his money which obviously will stop flowing in like before. Besides everyone deserves a second chance. It's not that Adam Johnson murdered someone in a cruel way and had no remorse afterwards whatsoever. They have a little daughter together. Do you think it would be good for the poor baby to grow up without her father?
  • Options

Sorry Dave but it's not fair to drag his girlfriend into this whole mess. She's also a victim. What has she done to deserve such blame? She might be after the money but she's been with him for five or six years. It takes a lot of sacrifice and courage to stick with him in a situation like this. It would be easier for her to just dump him right away. Like most of the male posters on this thread have pointed out, she's a very beautiful lady and she probably wouldn't have any problems finding another multimillionaire in football. We don't know whether she'll leave him when he's finally thrown into prison but I think she did the right thing staying with him at this crucial point. If she left him now, that would make her a much bigger money slave in my eyes because that would mean she really cared about his money which obviously will stop flowing in like before. Besides everyone deserves a second chance. It's not that Adam Johnson murdered someone in a cruel way and had no remorse afterwards whatsoever. They have a little daughter together. Do you think it would be good for the poor baby to grow up without her father?

Yes I see what your saying, your right that it's a lot more emotionally deeper and tougher for her to just simply dump him....and I don't know the couple personally and what they are really going through, it's all just basic perception etc.

I was gana come back with a "but"

I now just feel kind of strangely guilty for slagging her off now....

I just would have perhaps thought she would identify the young girl as a victim
    and then feel rather off with the man she is sleeping with....you know cos of what he did.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Bloody hell Jessie, you seem to have more sympathy for his adult girlfriend than the child he abused !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Bloody hell Jessie, you seem to have more sympathy for his adult girlfriend than the child he abused !
    I actually see her sympathising with Johnson's child.

Though staying with a partner you don't truly love is foolish. Your child will see the love isn't there.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

No I definitely don't. It's a tragedy for both the school girl, her family and also Johnson's family. The girl has been through a very difficult year I suppose and this case will probably leave her an emotional wound that will be hard to heal. She'll also have to deal with the stress it brings from the public in the years to come. So what Adam Johnson did to her was an absolutely unforgivable crime. On the other hand, Johnson's girlfriend, and parents, could have a really comfortable life when she had a partner, they had a son, who was doing fairly well in arguably the best football league in the world (albeit at a bottom three club) and earning millions a year. Now that's gone. Their little girl will have to be raised without a father for at least a couple of years, and grow up knowing her father was once a sex offender - humiliating. So in a word, two families broken as a result of Johnson's extreme stupidity, arrogance and ignorance.
  • Options

As a female you should see it totaly different to how you seem to as you have been a 15yr old girl, Me being male and over 28 see it from the the point of every other normal man who knows that the only reason he done it is because he is a nonce and he abused his postition of an adult and took advantage of a child

As you haven't been a 15 year old girl how would you know how I or one would think? If I had sent a footballer a picture of myself in a bikini when I was 15 it wouldn't have been because I wanted his autograph.

I have said before that I DO NOT believe what he did was right

We'll have to agree to disagree
    Very interesting point made here, something I had not considered.

But having given it further thought and taking all into consideration I hope the Johnson does some serious time.
  • Options

Do you think it would be good for the poor baby to grow up without her father?

Possibly. I'm not sure I'd want a paedophile to bring up my daughter.
    Er, not sure what you're suggesting. Do you mean he could be a threat to his daughter? There's an old Chinese saying "Even a vicious tiger will not eat its own cubs" which basically means however bad a person is, he won't hurt his own children. If you're saying that Johnson could do anything remotely similar to his daughter, that he could be THAT twisted, then I really don't know what to say.
  • Options
    Most cases of paedophilia occur within families, I think. But I don't think Johnson is strictly a paedophile, as above. Just a horrible exploitative predator.
  • Options

Er, not sure what you're suggesting. Do you mean he could be a threat to his daughter? There's an old Chinese saying "Even a vicious tiger will not eat its own cubs" which basically means however bad a person is, he won't hurt his own children. If you're saying that Johnson could do anything remotely similar to his daughter, that he could be THAT twisted, then I really don't know what to say.
    I don't think he's suggesting that.

I just think he's hypothesising that it may well be better to have an absent father than a convicted paedophile father.

Personally I would utterly disown any family member convicted of it - so I actually think that absent father would be preferable.
  • Options

They might not be innocent and niave and nor am I any way fooling myself that they are or she is, but she is a child by law and as such a child by mind and actions

that's why we have the law that's why we have adults not allowed to have such liasons with children

Connor Wickham has Morale fibre and standing and not an ounce of paedophile thoughts, he done the right thing

Adam Johnson on the other hand is a filthy peado bastd and the girl could have stripped naked and begged him for it, it would make no difference he knew she was 15 and should not have been anywhere with that child to get himself in that situation, the fact he was shows he didn't care and wanted to do it

spot on NLA especially ^^^
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sadly Jessie, there are people who will do the most heinous things to their own children (and sometimes grandchildren). Working in the prison service for over a decade I have had the misfortune to have met a considerable number of them.
  • Options

Sadly Jessie, there are people who will do the most heinous things to their own children (and sometimes grandchildren). Working in the prison service for over a decade I have had the misfortune to have met a considerable number of them.
    Are still allowed to let them fall down the stairs AUN?
  • Options
    edited February 2016

They might not be innocent and niave and nor am I any way fooling myself that they are or she is, but she is a child by law and as such a child by mind and actions

that's why we have the law that's why we have adults not allowed to have such liasons with children

Connor Wickham has Morale fibre and standing and not an ounce of paedophile thoughts, he done the right thing

Adam Johnson on the other hand is a filthy peado bastd and the girl could have stripped naked and begged him for it, it would make no difference he knew she was 15 and should not have been anywhere with that child to get himself in that situation, the fact he was shows he didn't care and wanted to do it

I agree Adam Johnson is a filthy bastard, by law he is not a Paedo.
    Let's knock that term on the head here as described by Redskin, he is an ephebophile... this is only to show how wrong Johnson is.
    Redskin said:

Sorry to be a pedant, but strictly speaking Johnson isn't a paedophile.
    His victim was post- pubescent, making him an ephebophile.

Ephebophilia is the primary or exclusive adult sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19.

Just remember that next time you're looking at a stunning clearly legal woman who is under 20.

As for Johnson he has knowingly had sexual relations with the girl and groomed her after finding out her age and will do the time for it.

This confirms his perverse taste in women.

He will be a prison bitch to someone called Trevor, they will all know why he is there and that doesn't go too well in a lot of prisons.

Back to the girl, I think the girl knew and to this day knows what she was doing at the time but didn't consider the repercussions.

Consequences are more an after thought for a teenager, rather than part of any plan.
  • Options
    Sorry, must have missed it, where does Connor Wickham come into all this ?
  • Options

she texted him too, at some point, he reported it to the appropriate authorities.
  • Options

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/adam-johnson-trial-connor-wickham-7382780
  • Options
    Ephebophilia is the primary or exclusive adult sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19.

Just remember that next time you're looking at a stunning clearly legal woman who is under 20.
    As an aside, for many years Page 3 of the Sun used to feature 16 year olds, the likes of Samantha Fox and Maria Whittaker featured when they were 16.
  • Options

As an aside, for many years Page 3 of the Sun used to feature 16 year olds, the likes of Samantha Fox and Maria Whittaker featured when they were 16.

To use a more extreme example Traci Lords was the most popular actress of her era at the same age.
  • Options
    Page 3 espouses an extremely predatory mentality even today