Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adam Johnson

Comments

• Options
    'For example, she said that he undid his trousers and pushed her hand towards his todger, the Defence QC says that he was wearing a cast on his wrist at the time, so how could he have.'

thought these incidents took place in his car so he was able to drive with this cast then?
  • Options
    I think he is grasping at the idea that whilst you can do a lot wearing a cast you could hardly force someone to do something with their hands.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Rizzo said:

I've not been following any of the details of the case but anyone able to tell me the basic grounds for AJs defence? Is he saying the events didn't happen or that it was the girls fault?

He's owned up to grooming and to a one comparatively minor charge of sexual activity with a child - not sure exactly what, but from what I've read I presume it means a bit of snogging and nothing below the waist - carrying a maximum sentence of two and a half years.

He has pleaded not guilty to two more serious charges of sexual activity with a child, which I think carry a maximum sentence of 14 years - dunno exactly what, lets just say below the waist. His defence is basically that she has made up/exaggerated some of what happened. For example, she said that he undid his trousers and pushed her hand towards his todger, the Defence QC says that he was wearing a cast on his wrist at the time, so how could he have.
    Sorry, are you saying that 'snogging' a fifteen year old can mean a custodial sentence of two and a half years.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Rizzo said:

I've not been following any of the details of the case but anyone able to tell me the basic grounds for AJs defence? Is he saying the events didn't happen or that it was the girls fault?

He's owned up to grooming and to a one comparatively minor charge of sexual activity with a child - not sure exactly what, but from what I've read I presume it means a bit of snogging and nothing below the waist - carrying a maximum sentence of two and a half years.

He has pleaded not guilty to two more serious charges of sexual activity with a child, which I think carry a maximum sentence of 14 years - dunno exactly what, lets just say below the waist. His defence is basically that she has made up/exaggerated some of what happened. For example, she said that he undid his trousers and pushed her hand towards his todger, the Defence QC says that he was wearing a cast on his wrist at the time, so how could he have.
    Sorry, are you saying that 'snogging' a fifteen year old can mean a custodial sentence of two and a half years.
    It's the grooming part which will be frowned upon - shows a degree of premeditation.
  • Options
    Would this have got court if he wasn't a Prem footballer?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

The whole "she wanted to kill herself" all sounds a bit like someone putting words into her mouth imo

What Johnson has apparently done is wrong on many levels but I don't think the 15 year old girl is as naive as is being portrayed in the press so far.

Her father said that was what she was telling him before going to the police. It was not like she said it at the court. She broke down in tears many times during the cross-examination the other day. She was clearly heart-broken.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Swisdom said:

The whole "she wanted to kill herself" all sounds a bit like someone putting words into her mouth imo

What Johnson has apparently done is wrong on many levels but I don't think the 15 year old girl is as naive as is being portrayed in the press so far.

Her father said that was what she was telling him before going to the police. It was not like she said it at the court. She broke down in tears many times during the cross-examination the other day. She was clearly heart-broken.
    Was this part of the evidence? If not, what for Christ's sake is the father doing putting this information out in the public domain? Has he been paid by a newspaper? Is he just utterly stupid? How does promulgating this information help his daughter? He should hang his head in shame. Disgusting individual.
  • Options
    15 yrs old

Of course she is niave she is a child

28 yrs old

Of course he is a nonce he is a grown man who wants to be inappropriate with children he needs hanging
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I assume this is a bit of whoosh bait, Riviera?
    Otherwise, no, the police and CPS would have turned her out on her ear and told her to come back when she had been abused by a Prem footballer then they might take her seriously
  • Options

Riviera said:

Otherwise, no, the police and CPS would have turned her out on her ear and told her to come back when she had been abused by a Prem footballer then they might take her seriously
    I thought it was a reasonable question, the police seem pretty selective about the crimes they investigate these days.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

On a similar note, I wonder if the defence will try to argue that. That she has appeared heartbroken/teary/upset in court, but according to the text messages she seemed more up for it at the time.
    Obviously that changes nothing, but from a defence point of view, it makes him seem less predatory.
  • Options

Riviera said:

I think its a reasonable question, otherwise why do we get cases where the CPS not prosecute as its "not in the public interest"?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Dave2l said:

The poor girl will grow up with this scar due to this idiot being a complete irresponsible prick.

He has (had) everything...beautiful wife, great career, lots of money but still decided to take advantage of someone in a really nasty be-littling way. If he just really wanted to cheat on his wife and have a bit of fun...he almost certainly could have done that with his money and fame. Just approach a woman that fits the profile but is at least old enough to know the consequence of action and not vulnerable to the repercussions.

Idiot.

I feel sorry for Sunderland fans and the family of Johnson's, the victim and her family.

Johnson's sacking may be a blessing in disguise. You don't know if he was a popular person among the Sunderland squad or not. I happened to read a few comments from the Sunderland fans after their victory against Manchester United. They were saying that perhaps what happened in the week gave the players a drive to work harder. If Johnson really is/was a womanizer, he couldn't be a good influence among the players, no matter how many goals he had scored. Well, I know I wouldn't want such a player in our squad. He did something that he will regret for the rest of his life. Maybe he was not a womanizer/paedophile, he was just being curious or plain stupid. But nevertheless it was an unforgivable crime. I feel very sorry for his girlfriend and the girl. But from a female's point of view, I think the girl did something wrong too. What did she expect when she sent a photo of herself in Bikini to Johnson? What did she expect when she went into his car at a place no one could see? How could she not know what was about to happen? How did her classmates know all this if she didn't tell them? And why did she want to tell them? It's easy to guess why. Hope the girl has learned her lesson and will never be used like this again. A cautionary tale for all footballers/celebrities and their young fans.
    I think the answer to all of those questions is "because she's a 15 year old child".

The only person that did wrong here is Johnson, not the child that was sexually exploited.
    I have to say I agree with @JessieAddick here. Maybe it's beause we are females that we see it slightly differently. I'm not saying that what he did was OK by any means but why send a photo of herself in a bikini?
  • Options

Swisdom said:

On a similar note, I wonder if the defence will try to argue that. That she has appeared heartbroken/teary/upset in court, but according to the text messages she seemed more up for it at the time.
    Obviously that changes nothing, but from a defence point of view, it makes him seem less predatory.

Less predatory? He knew her age, has admitted grooming, kissing her, said she needed to 'thank him' for the signed shirt and googled 'legal age of consent' so there was clearly only one thing on his mind. Not sure how he could've been any more predatory!

Whether she was responsive to his advances or not, in the eyes of the law, she was a child so he's guilty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    cafcfan said:

Swisdom said:

Was this part of the evidence? If not, what for Christ's sake is the father doing putting this information out in the public domain? Has he been paid by a newspaper? Is he just utterly stupid? How does promulgating this information help his daughter? He should hang his head in shame. Disgusting individual.
    Yes it was part of a transcript from a police interview with the father. It was read out in court. I think it helped showing how devastated the girl was. I don't know whether it was an attempted exaggeration or not but clearly the father wanted to tell the police what Johnson did had an extremely negative effect on the girl's mental state.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Less predatory? He knew her age, has admitted grooming, kissing her, said she needed to 'thank him' for the signed shirt and googled 'legal age of consent' so there was clearly only one thing on his mind. Not sure how he could've been any more predatory!

Whether she was responsive to his advances or not, in the eyes of the law, she was a child so he's guilty.
    Oh, I totally agree, no one is arguing that.
    My point is that I wonder if the defence will try to argue the point above.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Of course it is something that needed to be said, his daughter was manipulated Into believing this filth was going to be something he had no intention of its grooming it's showing not only did he abuse her body he abused her mind, to the point where she was devastated by his disregard and disposal of her feelings but also by the actions and things she done,

The poor girl was probably heartbroken that she had degraded and given him things that she shouldn't have
  • Options

se9addick said:

Dave2l said:

The poor girl will grow up with this scar due to this idiot being a complete irresponsible prick.

He has (had) everything...beautiful wife, great career, lots of money but still decided to take advantage of someone in a really nasty be-littling way. If he just really wanted to cheat on his wife and have a bit of fun...he almost certainly could have done that with his money and fame. Just approach a woman that fits the profile but is at least old enough to know the consequence of action and not vulnerable to the repercussions.

Idiot.

I feel sorry for Sunderland fans and the family of Johnson's, the victim and her family.

Johnson's sacking may be a blessing in disguise. You don't know if he was a popular person among the Sunderland squad or not. I happened to read a few comments from the Sunderland fans after their victory against Manchester United. They were saying that perhaps what happened in the week gave the players a drive to work harder. If Johnson really is/was a womanizer, he couldn't be a good influence among the players, no matter how many goals he had scored. Well, I know I wouldn't want such a player in our squad. He did something that he will regret for the rest of his life. Maybe he was not a womanizer/paedophile, he was just being curious or plain stupid. But nevertheless it was an unforgivable crime. I feel very sorry for his girlfriend and the girl. But from a female's point of view, I think the girl did something wrong too. What did she expect when she sent a photo of herself in Bikini to Johnson? What did she expect when she went into his car at a place no one could see? How could she not know what was about to happen? How did her classmates know all this if she didn't tell them? And why did she want to tell them? It's easy to guess why. Hope the girl has learned her lesson and will never be used like this again. A cautionary tale for all footballers/celebrities and their young fans.
    I think the answer to all of those questions is "because she's a 15 year old child".

The only person that did wrong here is Johnson, not the child that was sexually exploited.
    I have to say I agree with @JessieAddick here. Maybe it's beause we are females that we see it slightly differently. I'm not saying that what he did was OK by any means but why send a photo of herself in a bikini?
    Please stop this shit talk

A 15 yr old girl exploited by her favourite footballer promising her the world whilst manipulation of her young mind and maturity making her give him oral sex maybe not in the forceful rape way but the mentally abusive predatory paedophile way

And people questioning her sending him a pic of her In a bikini

He is a fucking grown man who knew her age knew what he was doing

The reason the word child is In existence is because they need adults to be trusting non abusive bstds who won't misguide them and manipulate their mind which is still juvenile in thought and immature, you know the opposite to a mature mind

This girl is the victim and anyone even questioning her actions her motivation needs to just remember SHE IS A CHILD FFS
    I will not get into an argument on here with anyone but since I've been notified a couple of times... I just want to say the girl was almost 16, not 8 or 10. She wore leggings when she met Johnson. Along with the bikini photo, she probably had more sexual self-awareness than an ordinary 15-year-old girl - but of course that's just my guess and I definitely don't blame it on her now. I feel very sorry for the girl. From what I've read in the past few days, there're a few details told by her school friends that may go against her, or say be used to the fullest extent by the defense lawyer.

And I know you'll just say something like even a 15-year-and-364-day-old person is still a child. Yes it is an undebatable fact the girl was under-aged. But it's not a black-and-white thing in terms of a person's mentality. However, your views on a 18-year-old boy dating a 17-year-old girl have apparently... well, what can I say. I was speechless then reading your arguments and still don't know what to say now. I'd better stop wasting time on this particular subject. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    That's why the law is there to stop people looking for grey areas

I dont care what anyone thinks on my views of what's appropriate for anyone over the age of 18 should be doing with those under 18, I can assure you of that,

Adam Johnson is a paedophile the girl is a 15 yr old victim, her mind and her ability to make informed decisions are irrelevant and anyone looking to justify or create a situation where there is more to it than just age especially when it's clear he knew her age, gives paedophiles a sense of acceptance and assists them in thinking that what they do is ok bwcause there's a grey area and people that can say things like she is not a child she is not 8-10

A child by law In the UK is someone upto the age of 16 regardless of if they are 0-16 they are a child,

and finding any area of debate based on any sexual interaction by someone who is an adult with someone who is within that bracket is absolutely astonishing to me,

• Options
    This "man" clearly has a sexual interest in teenage children and has gone to great lengths to groom and manipulate one. He has only recently accepted any level of guilt and clearly only since he had to do so.

Now he is seeking to victim blame - All classic sex offending behaviour - manipulate, deny, minimise and blame shift.

Certainly appears to be a manipulative and unrepentant peadophile who has used his fame and position in an attempt to sexually exploit a child (sounds familiar!).

If he is found guilty,and I think he will be, I hope that they throw the book at him.

• Options
    It seems fair to say the girl in question has done some things that were at best naïve and at worst outright foolish. However, neither of those is a crime and as such, doesn't matter. Whatever she did appears to be at the instigation of Johnson - which IS a crime. Hence he's the one on trial and she's the one whose name is legally protected. It's not that hard to grasp.