Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adam Johnson

Comments

• Options

Johnson have lost his career and will serve a prison sentence,
    Yet another example of footballers thinking they are above the law of the land.

Lost his career here for sure, but could he not go and play in another country (Germany, Portugal or Italy for example), where the legal age of consent is 14. Would they see him as the scumbag that we do here?
    Yes, I think so - I suspect their law is to (morally) allow say a 15 year old and a 14 year old to have sex, and I imagine they'd have the same opinion of a 28 year old taking advantage of a 15 year old as we do even if it wouldn't be illegal over there.
  • Options

Lost his career here for sure, but could he not go and play in another country (Germany, Portugal or Italy for example), where the legal age of consent is 14. Would they see him as the scumbag that we do here?
    Think it's the same as Ched Evans, if he's on the sex register then he can't play abroad.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Think it's the same as Ched Evans, if he's on the sex register then he can't play abroad.
    Wasn't it because Ched Evans is on licence?
  • Options
    On parole or the sex register, why would we want to export out nonces/rapists/criminals?

There's enough hoo ha when a foreigner with a criminal record comes here and commits crimes.
  • Options
    why ? maybe because they are nonces and rapists
  • Options
    charltonJ said:

My missus was 18 when I met her and I was 21. Am I allowed to live NLA

Sicko.
  • Options
    Off topic but what happened with ched's appeal?
  • Options
    charltonJ said:

You definitely won't be invited to any of his dinner parties.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    charltonJ said:

An adult 18 meeting an adult 21 nothing wrong With that
  • Options
    Don't know if it's true someone said today he met her in a over 25 club?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Don't know if it's true someone said today he met her in a over 25 club?

Hmmm, as stupid as he is, it seems unlikely even Adam Johnson would Google "age of consent" thinking it might be 26.
    This googling point has been majorly overplayed. He asked her when her 16th Birthday was specifically before meeting her. He googled the age of consent over a month later.

Its weird, but I suspect he knew it was 16 - just like everyone else does.
  • Options
    Apparently his girlfriend hasn't gone today.

Hopefully seen sense and given him the elbow.
  • Options

Completely accidental, she was just jumping for the ball and it's perfectly natural for the arm to be raised, I'm fed up with referees penalising us unfairly etc
  • Options

No chance. She will do what Luke McCormack and Ched Evans brain dead partners did and stay with him. Too accustomed to the good life. She should have knocked him on the head a long time ago.

Hope I'm wrong and she sees sense. Can't see it though.
  • Options

Off topic but what happened with ched's appeal?

all gone quiet, was being reviewed
  • Options
    Some of the tweets coming from the court room are disgusting I have had to stop the feed on my Twitter before I vomit
  • Options

cabbles said:

Read from top

Apologies, but I'm a bit puzzled by the timeline - I was under the impression that first contact was at the end of December 2014, then the incident in the car happened in January 2015, is that right?
    Because one of those tweets says they met again on 30th December when sexual activity took place. I'm figuring they meant January? Or maybe I've got the timeline wrong.
    only just seen this. probably me uploading them in the wrong order from my phone. It's prob easier to follow him on twitter (if you can) and just read his tweets from his timeline
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just reading the tweets from today, really horrible stuff. Not only is Johnson a scumbag for exploiting a child like this in the first place but the fact that she has to relive the abuse in court must make it even more damaging long term. I'm sure the judge will take this into account if Johnson is found guilty of the crimes he's plead innocent to.
  • Options
    Link? When I've seen the tweets, I will inform you all how we as a society should respond ;)
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Just reading the tweets from today, really horrible stuff. Not only is Johnson a scumbag for exploiting a child like this in the first place but the fact that she has to relive the abuse in court must make it even more damaging long term. I'm sure the judge will take this into account if Johnson is found guilty of the crimes he's plead innocent to.

I think I read that the victims statement was just a video of her original statement to the police rather than having to recount the details.

*not that the entire ordeal is any less horrific
  • Options

se9addick said:

I think I read that the victims statement was just a video of her original statement to the police rather than having to recount the details.

I saw this tweet and assumed she was at the court;

• Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Recording of police interview played to the court this morning, this afternoon she's giving evidence live by video link.
  • Options

charltonJ said:

Those few days make all the difference.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Recording of police interview played to the court this morning, this afternoon she's giving evidence live by video link.
    Ok, Makes sense
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

charltonJ said:

Those few days make all the difference.
    Yeah all 900 odd of them
  • Options
    The poor girl will grow up with this scar due to this idiot being a complete irresponsible prick.

He has (had) everything...beautiful wife, great career, lots of money but still decided to take advantage of someone in a really nasty be-littling way. If he just really wanted to cheat on his wife and have a bit of fun...he almost certainly could have done that with his money and fame. Just approach a woman that fits the profile but is at least old enough to know the consequence of action and not vulnerable to the repercussions.

Idiot.

I feel sorry for Sunderland fans and the family of Johnson's, the victim and her family.