Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Konchesky

Comments

• It's happened - he's signed for seventh-tier Billericay!
  • I work in Billericay so have seen how much they are paying him! He's on championship wages.....
  • edited March 2017

braydex said:

I work in Billericay so have seen how much they are paying him! He's on championship wages.....

Is it displayed in the town centre ?
    No - he carries it away every week stuffed in carrier bags on the back seat of his baby Bentley.
  • braydex said:

I work in Billericay so have seen how much they are paying him! He's on championship wages.....

Is it displayed in the town centre ?
    Not much happens in Billericay so it's been in the local news. £10k a week
  • edited March 2017
    Doesn't the £10k per week mean for the whole club?
  • They have a rich (deluded) new owner. £10k a week is hilarious. Surely a pay rise from Gillingham?
  • Doesn't the £10k per week mean for the whole club?

That is what I thought, but local papers are reporting thats what he's on. Hoping he will draw in a crowd and help them win promotion. They had to pay over the odds to get him to sign apparently? The new owner is exceptionally wealthy and a bit of a nutter so I understand......sounds familiar.

Aims to be in League 1 within 5 years? Personally, dont see it as Billericay is well wedged between Southend and West Ham 'supporter belts' so will never attract big crowds.
  • He's Billericay Dickie and he's doing very well, well, well , well, well
  • Sponsored links:

'Aint half been some clever bastards....

'Aint half been some clever bastards....
    You ask Joyce and Ricky
    If candyfloss is sticky

What a waste!
  • That can't be 10k a week just for him, surely that's for the whole team?

If it is just for him, then it will definitely not end well.
  • The owner has decided to be the new manager too - like a modern day Ron Noades.
  • edited March 2017

That can't be 10k a week just for him, surely that's for the whole team?

If it is just for him, then it will definitely not end well.

It's not 10k for him - it's the squad wage bill. No way are they paying him over half a million a year.
  • se9addick said:

Strong rumour down here that he's about to sign for Billericay town.

My friends a Billericay fan and he thinks they've got some money behind them so could well be true.
    They have. A fella called Tamplin who is absolutely minted.

Soon to be The non league Man City.
    Small time
  • Cant be 10k for him. Heard Danny kedwell is on 2k a week at Ebbsfleet and that's extortionate at that level.

Konch will have retired by the summer.
  • The owner has decided to be the new manager too - like a modern day Ron Noades.

It'll all end in tears. Google the owner, it's fairly interesting.

• Sponsored links:

• edited March 2017

The owner has decided to be the new manager too - like a modern day Ron Noades.

It'll all end in tears. Google the owner, it's fairly interesting.

Another chancer/villain is Glenn Tamplin.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fines-for-illegal-waste-site-operators

http://www.basildonstandard.co.uk/sport/14972234.THE_BIG_INTERVIEW__Owner_Tamplin_lays_out_the_future_of_Billericay_Town/
  • edited March 2017
    He'll likely get bored in a couple of years time. Is he going to want to keep pumping in 10k a week (which will be even more if they make the National league) if they're only getting crowds of around 1-2k.
  • I've never seen a trio that looks less like the chairman, owner and (ex) manager of a football club

http://www.basildonstandard.co.uk/sport/14972234.THE_BIG_INTERVIEW__Owner_Tamplin_lays_out_the_future_of_Billericay_Town/
  • I live in Billericay and have friends that support them, but this is the first I have heard of Billericay FC becoming the Man City of the non league world.

The crowds are only a few hundred at best so I guess the owner will be losing as much as Roland does each season.
  • I suspect the microbrewery will remain Billericay's main attraction for some time to come.
  • 2k a week for Konch. The 10k is the team wages.
  • Billericay Chairman is putting in £50k per month....will be interesting to see how long he lasts there.

It's become a handy outlet for clubs who want to shift high earning/poor performing players out of their squad.

Reportedly now in for Jamie O'Hara.
  • Kap10 said:

He's Billericay Dickie and he's doing very well, well, well , well, well

What a waste!
    My old man
  • Billericay Chairman is putting in £50k per month....will be interesting to see how long he lasts there.

It's become a handy outlet for clubs who want to shift high earning/poor performing players out of their squad.

Reportedly now in for Jamie O'Hara.
    Signed apparently. And not just for what's left of this season but next as well!