Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will Trump become President?

Comments

• SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

All silliness aside SHG I think it's impossible to knock up a survey that indictes one ethnic background has it harder than another, the institutional racism card gets thrown around too much these days you only gotta look at the society of black lawyers nonsense about the FA, all it shows is more evidence of the PC brigade losing their marbels again.

Fascist ;).

I can only speak for this country, but institutional racism remains a huge, huge problem. As does, it should be added, discrimination against the poor. For more, I recommend the works of Michelle Alexander and "Just Mercy" by Bryan Stevenson.
    I think its liberals convincing people that institutional racism exists is the problem.
    "I think" is not an argument without statistics. Look at incarceration rates, poverty rates, education, number of elected officials, etc. and you will see huge disparities. Black people only gained the nationwide right to vote in 1965, and the part of the Voting Rights act that cemented that right was recently overturned by our Supreme Court, leading to ID and registration hurdles that ridiculously disproportionately affecting minorities. If taking away the right to vote isn't institutional racism, then I really don't know what is.
    True but we are entitled to an "I think" and as stated on this very thread, regarding poverty rates etc etc "I think" it's time people realise there lazy people in this world, not genetically before you cast the R card but in certain communities.

Poverty doesn't equal poor governing every time.
    What a spectacularly weak argument. And why do you think it? What gives your thoughts equal validity to a reasoned argument? I don't doubt some people are lazy, but I know lazy as hell public school educated people who don't need to stretch themselves. But that's merely anecdotal evidence. They are a host of reasons why certain sections of society donand don't end up on poverty. That includes societal reasons, discrimination - institutional or otherwise, cultural aspects, and also what each and every individual happens to be like and how they react to the circumstances they find themselves in. Not digging you out pwrosnally, but for each and every compex problems there are a million simple and wrong explanations and solutions.

That what pisses me about left vs right arguments... One one hand it's the individuals fault on the other hand it's "societies". Both right to a degree, and both wrong as well.

Sorry... Bad day
  • limeygent said:

For the record, I'm not a Trump supporter, I'm an "anyone but Hilary" supporter.

So both Clinton and Trump win their respective nominations. You vote Trump ?

• McBobbin said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

All silliness aside SHG I think it's impossible to knock up a survey that indictes one ethnic background has it harder than another, the institutional racism card gets thrown around too much these days you only gotta look at the society of black lawyers nonsense about the FA, all it shows is more evidence of the PC brigade losing their marbels again.

Fascist ;).

I can only speak for this country, but institutional racism remains a huge, huge problem. As does, it should be added, discrimination against the poor. For more, I recommend the works of Michelle Alexander and "Just Mercy" by Bryan Stevenson.
    I think its liberals convincing people that institutional racism exists is the problem.
    "I think" is not an argument without statistics. Look at incarceration rates, poverty rates, education, number of elected officials, etc. and you will see huge disparities. Black people only gained the nationwide right to vote in 1965, and the part of the Voting Rights act that cemented that right was recently overturned by our Supreme Court, leading to ID and registration hurdles that ridiculously disproportionately affecting minorities. If taking away the right to vote isn't institutional racism, then I really don't know what is.
    True but we are entitled to an "I think" and as stated on this very thread, regarding poverty rates etc etc "I think" it's time people realise there lazy people in this world, not genetically before you cast the R card but in certain communities.

What a spectacularly weak argument. And why do you think it? What gives your thoughts equal validity to a reasoned argument? I don't doubt some people are lazy, but I know lazy as hell public school educated people who don't need to stretch themselves. But that's merely anecdotal evidence. They are a host of reasons why certain sections of society donand don't end up on poverty. That includes societal reasons, discrimination - institutional or otherwise, cultural aspects, and also what each and every individual happens to be like and how they react to the circumstances they find themselves in. Not digging you out pwrosnally, but for each and every compex problems there are a million simple and wrong explanations and solutions.

That what pisses me about left vs right arguments... One one hand it's the individuals fault on the other hand it's "societies". Both right to a degree, and both wrong as well.

Sorry... Bad day
    I accept you're having a bad day, but I stand by my "weak" point, too much "aw bless the government has let you down" bollocks being spouted these days everyone has got an excuse for everything, even every obese man who stuffs his boat with pizza every night has a sob story we're told to feel sorry for, I don't buy it.
  • McBobbin said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Fascist ;).

Sorry... Bad day
    I accept you're having a bad day, but I stand by my "weak" point, too much "aw bless the government has let you down" bollocks being spouted these days everyone has got an excuse for everything, even every obese man who stuffs his boat with pizza every night has a sob story we're told to feel sorry for, I don't buy it.
    So your solution to things is what exactly? You sound like the sort of person that tells depressed people to 'pull themselves together' and you no doubt use phrases like 'If I was I your shoes I would....'
    You come across like the comments page of the Daily Mail.
  • McBobbin said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Fascist ;).

Sorry... Bad day
    So your solution to things is what exactly? You sound like the sort of person that tells depressed people to 'pull themselves together' and you no doubt use phrases like 'If I was I your shoes I would....'
    I don't have to have a solution for anything pal I'm not a politician, this is an opionion thread so there is mine, and yes I do think some people need to pull their socks up, not everyone but some, if you're under the illusion that everyone who's poor didn't make bad choices but has just been conned by the government then you lack realism. I'm sure there are cases of social injustice but not as many as you liberals like to believe.
  • McBobbin said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Fascist ;).

Sorry... Bad day
    I don't have to have a solution for anything pal I'm not a politician, this is an opionion thread so there is mine, and yes I do think some people need to pull their socks up, not everyone but some, if you're under the illusion that everyone who's poor didn't make bad choices but has just been conned by the government then you lack realism. I'm sure there are cases of social injustice but not as many as you liberals like to believe.
    I'm unclear how you know what my views are given that I haven't expressed them. You do seem to have a very simplistic view of things and be prone to massive generalisations such as 'everyone has got an excuse for everything'.
    It's nice to see things in a black and white way as it offers easy answers - Trump is a great example of this.
    It's easy to have an opinion but sometines a bit harder to justify it.
  • Leuth said:

Oh so you'd vote Bernie then? :D

Hilary is a bad'un, that's for sure, but I'm interested in the reasons why you dislike her.

I'd stay home rather than vote for Bernie. Rubio was the best of the bunch in my opinion, but now I'd prefer Cruz to Trump. Don't care for Kasich at all.
    Already been over my problems with HRC.
  • edited March 2016

limeygent said:

For the record, I'm not a Trump supporter, I'm an "anyone but Hilary" supporter.

Yes, without hesitation.
  • limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Yes, without hesitation.
    The world is really f***ed!
  • Sponsored links:

• limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Yes, without hesitation.
    And therefore are happy to let this person who encourages violence and acts of aggression to have his finger on the button ?

• limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Yes, without hesitation.
    And therefore are happy to let this person who encourages violence and acts of aggression to have his finger on the button ?

What could possibly go wrong? Seems a very level headed fellow who will be a great diplomat.
    Combination of Putin, Trump, the clown in North Korea and ISIS should be fun. All of them are right which is great.

• McBobbin said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Fascist ;).

Sorry... Bad day
    I'm unclear how you know what my views are given that I haven't expressed them. You do seem to have a very simplistic view of things and be prone to massive generalisations such as 'everyone has got an excuse for everything'.
    It's nice to see things in a black and white way as it offers easy answers - Trump is a great example of this.
    It's easy to have an opinion but sometines a bit harder to justify it.
    Perhaps I've simplified things too much I'll give you that many a time it's because when someone posts an essay on here it's easy to switch off, short and sweet gets my attention.

On the other hand some liberals tend to over complicate and over think leading to all sorts of daft conspiracies etc.
  • edited March 2016

limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Yes, without hesitation.

There, you've talked me into it. Isn't that what you wanted?
  • Got to be interested in an election race where a potential US presidential candidate has no need to have any policies, can perform 180 degree spins on the same issue at least 4 times a day without it denting support, can be have had multiple failed businesses with no one caring, incites racial and political tensions on purpose and people still prefer them to the alternate candidate.

Go Trump, stick it to the man. Or woman.
  • limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Yes, without hesitation.
    And therefore are happy to let this person who encourages violence and acts of aggression to have his tiny little fingers on the button ?

Gave your post a bit of gravitas, yw.
  • Hark at someone from Chislehurst claiming that there is no such thing as institution racism and some people just need to pull their socks up!
  • limeygent said:

limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Yes, without hesitation.

There, you've talked me into it. Isn't that what you wanted?
    No not really. I'm just staggered by the acceptance of someone like Trump being possible President.

I'm glad that it couldn't happen in Great Britain.

Says a lot about America in my opinion.

• Best of a bad (remaining) bunch. Look at it another way, supposing a nuke were launched at us? Obama would be worrying about "How's that going to affect my legacy?" Bernie would be saying, "Don't worry, they're on the same side as us", Hilary would be saying "What difference does it make?" Oops, too late.
    There are checks and balances before a President can order THE button pushed, it's not his decision alone.
    If Trump becomes President we'll all just have to wait and see what kind of President he would be, just like any other President or elected official. I'm just not as scared of him as some (most?) are on this forum. Obama came in as President on a wave of good-will and hope from left AND right, look what a disappointment he has become. If Trump were elected there would be no good-will from the left, and not much from the right, the opposite for Hilary if she were elected, very difficult for them to overcome. Meantime, I am not a Trump supporter, I'm just not as scared of him as I am of Hilary.
  • Sponsored links:

• limeygent said:

Best of a bad (remaining) bunch. Look at it another way, supposing a nuke were launched at us? Obama would be worrying about "How's that going to affect my legacy?" Bernie would be saying, "Don't worry, they're on the same side as us", Hilary would be saying "What difference does it make?" Oops, too late.
    There are checks and balances before a President can order THE button pushed, it's not his decision alone.
    If Trump becomes President we'll all just have to wait and see what kind of President he would be, just like any other President or elected official. I'm just not as scared of him as some (most?) are on this forum. Obama came in as President on a wave of good-will and hope from left AND right, look what a disappointment he has become. If Trump were elected there would be no good-will from the left, and not much from the right, the opposite for Hilary if she were elected, very difficult for them to overcome. Meantime, I am not a Trump supporter, I'm just not as scared of him as I am of Hilary.

1964 wants it's doomsday scenario back. It was complete bullshit then, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDTBnsqxZ3k&list=PLzy43DNogEStQiuX9sHOaiwtDVy91p35I

The only time we ever got close to a nuclear war was in October 1962. And just over a year later Kennedy got shot for being an appeaser (and for leaving some guys on a beach in Cuba which, when framed another way, sounds like a fucking delightful day out).

• Hark at someone from Chislehurst claiming that there is no such thing as institution racism and some people just need to pull their socks up!

Nice assumption but I no longer live there, and when I did it wasn't "posh" Chislehurst. So what's your point exactly?? Unless you lived in a shithole you're not entitled to an opinion?

Nice assumption but I no longer live there, and when I did it wasn't "posh" Chislehurst. So what's your point exactly?? Unless you lived in a shithole you're not entitled to an opinion?
    When was Chislehurst not posh, 1784? Your opinion is like Shay Given's on the protest.
  • Just watched Trump give an interview to his 'friend' Piers on ITV following yesterday's attacks in Brussels. It's frightening that he has the potential to hold the most powerful office in the world! If he gets in it will be a sad indictment on the naivety of those who voted for him!

How can such a 'clever' man be so intellectually inept at the same time? Talk about oxymoron!!

When was Chislehurst not posh, 1784? Your opinion is like Shay Given's on the protest.
    Well what doyou want from a pic of my parents house?? Their annual income? At which point am I allowed my say?
  • Just watched Trump give an interview to his 'friend' Piers on ITV following yesterday's attacks in Brussels. It's frightening that he has the potential to hold the most powerful office in the world! If he gets in it will be a sad indictment on the naivety of those who voted for him!

How can such a 'clever' man be so intellectually inept at the same time? Talk about oxymoron!!

'Clever' in his own mind only - nice to see Piers sucking up to him. If he does become President it will potentially become a massive car crash.
    The world is in a mess at the moment - politicians who offer easy answers and scapegoats will come to the fore.

Well what doyou want from a pic of my parents house?? Their annual income? At which point am I allowed my say?
    Us lefties will let you know.

Still living at home? Man of the world you are, no wonder your opinions are so insightful.
  • Trump smeeeeeellllllls