Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will Trump become President?

Comments

• edited November 2016

Indeed it does. From the empire state at midnight a month ago.

That's beautiful, Sillybilly.
  • edited November 2016
    BBC: Shooting at a polling station, 4 taken to hospital, polling station closed.

Twitter with mixed reports about injuries (2 injured vs 4 injured vs 1 dead, 3 injured etc) and location ("near to" vs "outside" vs "at" polling station), so it's all essentially rumours at the moment. Very depressing though.
  • edited November 2016
    LuckyReds said:

I switched on the BBC Coverage when it began, at 2315.. If anyones interested, I'd stick with Sky. Katty Kay on the Andrew Neil BBC Election show is looking absolutely cracking (Not when the camera zooms in to closely though) though. Reminds me a bit of an ex, if she aged 30 odd years and got with the whole milfy schoolteacher look.. and glasses...

One thing is clear though - and in a striking similarity with our Brexit vote - the fact that Trump has got so far, and is seriously being considered as a possibility, means that a sizable chunk of people are unhappy and desperately want change - even if that change is extreme. I think it's worrying to claim people are racist for not wanting to be in the EU, and likewise I find it concerning that those who support Trump are also being labelled as stupid or bigoted. This is essentially a story of disenfranchisement - disillusionment making people feel helpless and angry, as though they're powerless with the current situation. That's pretty damning assessment of any society - including both our own, and the American one.

For instance, 82% think Trump "can bring change": that's the main motivation. Anger at the status quo and current state of affairs. I dare say there's a lot of anger considering the election in itself; two of the most unpopular candidates ever to run according to the BBC.

(I'm editing this post whilst I watch, as I don't want to spam it with every little observation... if you wanted that, you'd watch the TV FFS.)<</b>/blockquote>

WHY DON'T YOU LET ME HAVE ANY FUN?!?!?!?!?! :)

Virginia and Georgia are about to come in and in a half hour's time we're getting North Carolina. Shit's about to get real.

• Jose Riga.

The weirdest of them all. (Anyone within the network)

But not the least likeable.

The weirdest...because he actually "went back" under the employment of douche
  • LuckyReds said:

BBC: Shooting at a polling station, 4 taken to hospital, polling station closed.

Twitter with mixed reports about injuries (2 injured vs 4 injured vs 1 dead, 3 injured etc) and location ("near to" vs "outside" vs "at" polling station), so it's all essentially rumours at the moment. Very depressing though.
    Depressing they are using a purple crayon for voting, though.
  • Good ol' Andrew Neil is getting to the bottom of this yanky "Red = Right, Blue = Left" nonsense.

Apparently a chap named Tim Russert is to blame for that particular choice.
  • edited November 2016
    SDAddick said:

LuckyReds said:

I switched on the BBC Coverage when it began, at 2315.. If anyones interested, I'd stick with Sky. Katty Kay on the Andrew Neil BBC Election show is looking absolutely cracking (Not when the camera zooms in to closely though) though. Reminds me a bit of an ex, if she aged 30 odd years and got with the whole milfy schoolteacher look.. and glasses...

One thing is clear though - and in a striking similarity with our Brexit vote - the fact that Trump has got so far, and is seriously being considered as a possibility, means that a sizable chunk of people are unhappy and desperately want change - even if that change is extreme. I think it's worrying to claim people are racist for not wanting to be in the EU, and likewise I find it concerning that those who support Trump are also being labelled as stupid or bigoted. This is essentially a story of disenfranchisement - disillusionment making people feel helpless and angry, as though they're powerless with the current situation. That's pretty damning assessment of any society - including both our own, and the American one.

For instance, 82% think Trump "can bring change": that's the main motivation. Anger at the status quo and current state of affairs. I dare say there's a lot of anger considering the election in itself; two of the most unpopular candidates ever to run according to the BBC.

(I'm editing this post whilst I watch, as I don't want to spam it with every little observation... if you wanted that, you'd watch the TV FFS.)

WHY DON'T YOU LET ME HAVE ANY FUN?!?!?!?!?! :)

Virginia and Georgia are about to come in and in a half hour's time we're getting North Carolina. Shit's about to get real.
    I'll be honest; I fleshed that post out purely because I was ranting about how decent Katty Kay looked, and then compared her to an ex. It then occurred to me that my ex is quite likely to read this forum (an addick.).. and that I saw her today whilst shopping but decided to look the other way.

Basically I figured if I tried to throw in some analysis it may avoid the overarching feeling of creepiness. ;)
  • How can anyone watch US Election night on any channel other than CNN?
  • edited November 2016
    Interesting factoid alert: Every month 50,000 hispanics hit voting age, but they tend to turn-out at low rates. (Analysis: Potential long-term issues for the Republican party.)

• Sponsored links:

• LuckyReds said:

Interesting factoid alert: Every month 50,000 hispanics hit voting age, but they tend to turn-out at low rates.

Except when they are called rapists and drug dealers by one of the candidates.
  • LuckyReds said:

How can anyone watch US Election night on any channel other than CNN?

I like the way her left nipple is subtly pointing out her watch has been stolen.
    I loved it when Joe Scarborough scolded Ben Carson for trying to tell them to turn her mic off during one TV interview.
  • Trump supporter interviewed, he wants to make "america great like it used to be". How was America great 8 years ago? Obamacare: "My son, a self employed individual, was fined $750 for not having any insurance. Whilst immigrants get free insurance.". Painful viewing to be honest.

On a more interesting note, when asked why Hillary couldn't make America great again: "She's been in politics over 30 years.. why hasn't she changed anything already?".
  • edited November 2016
    Getting worried. Trump ahead in Florida and N Carolina according to CNN.

OK, changing round now. I don't understand this!
  • edited November 2016
    Flicked on Fox News to compare it to our coverage.. "interesting".
  • Kay Burley is an embarrassment . How does Sky still employ this amateur ?
  • Florida isn't as important to Clinton as it is to Trump. But dead-heat at the moment.
  • Florida isn't as important to Clinton as it is to Trump. But dead-heat at the moment.

Yeah squeaky bum time in Florida. The good news is that in the southeastern part of the state (MSNBC is showing Miami Dade of the moment) are still only at 80% counted. Also, it sounds like the way the results are coming in in Florida are confusing because Florida.
  • But a big win in Indiana senate for the Republicans. Looked like Evan Bayh was going to win a month or two ago but Bayh is basically the quintessential Washington insider He forgot his own address in Indiana after living in DC and working as a lobbyist.
  • Sponsored links:

• For all the bullshit prior to the election, they get their results out unbelievably quickly.

Beats finger counting in some dingy town hall.
  • Florida - The Basildon of the united states!
  • edited November 2016
    Sky News is awful. The two guests pretty much shouting over each other, not sure WTF they were saying.

If Fox had devolved to shouting to the point I couldn't understand them, I'd still be watching that.
  • I knew Trump said NATO was obsolete, but I didn't realise he said Article 5 shouldn't apply to nations who didn't contribute enough. Casts the Russian involvement in this election in an even nastier light.

If they ain't got CNN?
  • You're all missing out on Brian Williams' dry humor on MSNBC.
  • Admittedly, I don't know much about the chap, but Marco Rubio came across great in his victory speech. Surely he would've been a better candidate than Trump FFS?

Florida: 49.0% Trump, 47.9% Clinton (91% of votes)

Very close, and with major metropolitan areas yet to be counted - areas where Hillary should be stronger.
  • Fiiish said:

Oh God it's happening again.

I must admit, the last few minutes and seeing the numbers switch between Red and Blue has reminded me of that night. It's still so early though.
  • I am seriously worried now. I hate 2016.