Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will Trump become President?

Comments

• Suddenly my Facebook feed is full of football posts. Think Zuckerberg is messing with the algorithms.
  • Trump's gonna win...
  • Suddenly my Facebook feed is full of football posts. Think Zuckerberg is messing with the algorithms.

Google must be annoyed as well. All this extra work fiddling with the search hits in Hilary's favour.
  • Trump getting better results in certain states than any republican has for 16 years.

He could do this.
  • edited November 2016
    LuckyReds said:

Admittedly, I don't know much about the chap, but Marco Rubio came across great in his victory speech. Surely he would've been a better candidate than Trump FFS?

Given some of his views (anti-gay marriage/ climate change isn't our fault) Trump could be a blessing in disguise. Still, I'd take him over Trump.
  • edited November 2016
    Things should make some more sense when Florida declares. (Or is "called", pesky Americans with their lingo and confused colours.)

Would also highlight how the exit polls have - once again - been inaccurate.
  • This is much scarier than I anticipated.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

LuckyReds said:

Admittedly, I don't know much about the chap, but Marco Rubio came across great in his victory speech. Surely he would've been a better candidate than Trump FFS?

Given some of his views (anti-gay marriage/ climate change isn't our fault) Trump could be a blessing in disguise. Still, I'd take him over Trump.
    Damn, I'm an incredibly poor judge of character then! I know one speech isn't enough to judge someone on, but I genuinely thought he seemed great.
  • Quite fancy getting rid of democracy after the year we've had.
  • Early days but is does appear that the disaffected are making a stand just as those who voted for brexit did.
  • Sponsored links:

• LuckyReds said:

JiMMy 85 said:

LuckyReds said:

Damn, I'm an incredibly poor judge of character then! I know one speech isn't enough to judge someone on, but I genuinely thought he seemed great.
    He's conservative in some areas (abortion too) but not entirely a Republican's dream.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/06/a-simple-guide-to-what-marco-rubio-really-believes/?client=safari
  • Be a shame if Kay slipped on that ice rink and wasn't able to partake in anymore filming tonight..
  • edited November 2016
    Lots of comparisons to Trump and Brexit, perhaps Farage's influence during his visits to Trump over the past few months?

One trump supporter in Florida: "protect our sovereignty", "business acumen", "common sense", "protect our borders from bad people, immigrants, from coming in".

Totally baffled by all four of these points:

-> Protection of Sovereignty; who is threatening US Sovereignty?!
    -> Trump may be rich and appear to have business acumen at first glance, but he also has a fair few failures under his belt.
    -> Common sense is not insulting the majority of the electorate - be they women, specific nationalities or.. well, anyone else he's insulted.
    -> From what I gather, immigration to the US is pretty damn stringent?

All four points, coming from a Conservative in the UK - a euro-sceptic to boot - are absolutely ludicrous. The situations may appear similar, but Trump has been rather opportunistic in creating a narrative that parallels so tightly in my mind.

Oh, and the Mexican Peso is tanking right now too... Down 8%. Definitely one to have been shorting if you're that way inclined. Brexit Parallel #22313
  • Sitting in my front room with a Brexiter, a Remainer, a despondent Republican and a hardcore Democrat, this is absolutely hilarious.

If things carry on like this Baileys coffee ain't gonna be enough for my pal from Minnesota
  • Media needs to take a lot of blame for what is happening in Western society over the past 5 years.

Can't spent 4 years insulting and demonising immigrants, then act shocked when working class voters believe shutting the borders will solve all their problems.
  • Media needs to take a lot of blame for what is happening in Western society over the past 5 years.

Can't spent 4 years insulting and demonising immigrants, then act shocked when working class voters believe shutting the borders will solve all their problems.

Wouldn't trust the media anymore than the governance that continually bang on about how good things like immigration are for us.
  • Can't take this anymore. Going to bed but think I will wake up to a nightmare.
  • Can't take this anymore. Going to bed but think I will wake up to a nightmare.

For a change time zones are finally in my favour, it's 10:30am here and the 5 of us all have the day off!
  • JiMMy 85 said:

LuckyReds said:

JiMMy 85 said:

LuckyReds said:

He's conservative in some areas (abortion too) but not entirely a Republican's dream.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/06/a-simple-guide-to-what-marco-rubio-really-believes/?client=safari
    Really interesting; cheers for that, Jimmy!
  • Sponsored links:

Wouldn't trust the media anymore than the governance that continually bang on about how good things like immigration are for us.
    The amount of people is a different matter obviously.

Are the media responsible for the numbers then?

The amount of people is a different matter obviously.

Are the media responsible for the numbers then?

Of course not. But the amount of hysteria and hatred towards those immigrants are made worse by the language and exaggeration that the media uses.

Fear sells though, so they probably don't care.
  • Watching the results right now...

• Kay Burley is an embarrassment . How does Sky still employ this amateur ?

Some interesting moments here:

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/feature/a527982/sky-news-kay-burley-her-most-cringeworthy-moments/

No.9 is a favourite!
  • I'm waiting for the guy being interviewed (in Ohio) on Sky to explode. He looked completely... shell-shocked and angry.
  • A fascinating insight in to Trump's relations with Russia - courtesy of newsweek.com. It is pretty damning, and that's only the stuff we knew already.

I'm not sure how well sourced it is, as I personally have never heard of Russian involvement in the German election, or the Brexit referendum. That said, it does mention a "kompromat" file that Russia holds on Trump. i.e a compromising video that could be used for blackmail and so on. I saw this claim mentioned this morning on Twitter too, but I put it down to nonsense. (However, the journalist who mentioned it on Twitter went further to say that the video was sexual in nature and "disgusting" according to one intelligence source)
  • NBC projects Ohio for Trump. Up 1.5% in Florida.

Will end up winning with zero policies other than shutting borders. Seems to be the biggest issue of the 21st century within the US and UK.
  • With 99% reporting in Florida, Clinton trails Trump by 135,296 votes. Gary Johnson + Jill Stein = 266,208
  • I am fairly certain Trump will win North Carolina and Florida and then flip Michigan and be our next president.
  • The world has gone insane......