Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will Trump become President?

Comments

• BBC News website crashed

• Deerhunter country backing Trump. Great film
  • This could be a 269 - 269 tie.
  • Rob said:

This could be a 269 - 269 tie.

Unlikely but wouldn't that result in a Trump presidency anyway
  • Hilary Clinton , such a piss poor candidate that Trump is going to win!
  • The worlds biggest arsehole could be the most powerful man in the world.
  • Rob said:

No, @SDAddick can provide the details but there are a couple of states that split their electoral college vote and normally they have minimal consequence but in this election they could actually decide things.
  • Maine and Nebraska split their electoral college votes.
  • Sponsored links:

• CNN is showing 238 - 209.
  • edited November 2016
    The Google US Election map shows Trump on course to get another 61 (AZ (11), WI (10), MI (16), PA (20), NH (4)) in addition to the current 244 - taking him to 305. Whilst Hillary - at what we currently know - would get another 14 (NV (6), MN (10), ME (4)) in addition to her 221; so a total of 235.

Google US Election map - https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=us election (and I took the Electoral College vote numbers from Wikipedia... but, either my maths is wrong or the map was wrong?)

So Trump - surprisingly - is on course, and it looks all but confirmed.

Edit: Sky are calling NV.
  • Rob said:

CNN is showing 238 - 209.

I have 244, 216.
  • LuckyReds said:

The Google US Election map shows Trump on course to get another 61 (AZ (11), WI (10), MI (16), PA (20), NH (4)) in addition to the current 244 - taking him to 305. Whilst Hillary - at what we currently know - would get another 14 (NV (6), MN (10), ME (4)) in addition to her 221; so a total of 235.

So Trump - surprisingly - is on course, and it looks all but confirmed.

Edit: Sky are calling NV.

Not quite. Still a way to go in MI, PA, NH and AZ. It looks like Trump has WI.

CNN electoral map is now 238-215. Clinton just picked up Nevada.
  • Rob said:

CNN is showing 238 - 209.

Ah, it looks like Sky are a little eager in the UK then. I'm getting @i_b_b_o_r_g's numbers too. (And via BBC I think, presumably they're using the same source)
  • The big question is, just how long into his presidential term will he last before there's an assassination attempt?
  • The big question is, just how long into his presidential term will he last before there's an assassination attempt?

Its going to be a race between this, and him blowing the world up.
  • edited November 2016
    Rob said:

Rob said:

No, @SDAddick can provide the details but there are a couple of states that split their electoral college vote and normally they have minimal consequence but in this election they could actually decide things.
    This is going to sound sarcastic but it's so true, I am so honored to be our go to elections anorak.

Yes, 269/269 is possible if Trump and Clinton basically exchange Arizona and Wisconsin.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/GJOdK

BUT, that would means Clinton sweeps New Hampshire, Maine, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. Right now Clinton and Trump are swapping the lead in Pennsylvania which was meant to be solid blue. Clinton is trailing in New Hampshire. I haven't seen Maine results in a bit.

Also, if an upset were going to happen in Arizona I think I would have seen at least whispers about it by now and there's nothing.
  • edited November 2016

The big question is, just how long into his presidential term will he last before there's an assassination attempt?

Why does he have to start his presidential term before there's an attempt, there's still a couple of months before he would start.. In all fairness, I imagine it would be quite a task to bump him off, but I dare say there will be people that have already made plots.

One things for certain though; I wouldn't want to a Police Officer in the US over the next few weeks. Whoever wins there's going to be some very very angry people. I hope that nothing similar spreads over here, but all it takes is Social Media. (Thankfully, cold wet weather seems to stop the British from protesting or rioting too hard.)

Speculation aside though, because I hope I'm wrong, but I hope all our American addicks keep safe out there.
  • Sponsored links:

• You can't assassinate several hundred million idiots
  • Right I'm going a bed, gotta be up at 6

Or an impeachment.
  • Not quite finished yet but unless Clinton turns it round in Pennsylvania & Michigan Trump is the winner. Must admit that i didn't see this coming but perhaps after Brexit we shouldn't be surprised by anything.

Or an impeachment.
    Eh Mike Pence isn't necessarily better.