Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Defend our Den Petition

Comments

• Options

Seriously @Big_Bad_World are you a member of the Lions Trust? If yes, can you tell me why they are so fucking uncooperative with other London Trusts? And if not, what organisation do you have that can run such a campaign? You need to be organised. That much at least you ought to have learnt by being such a regular on here.

To be honest, @PragueAddick , I, like many other fans don't trust a lot of the organisations associated with the club so cannot cast any light on their incompetence.

I signed the petition as the right thing to do even though I'm no fan of the Trust itself.

Organisation seems to have always been an issue with our fans groups as they never seem keen on working together. Why this is is anyone's guess but I'd assume it's because they all want the plaudits for themselves if anything is ever achieved, which is a massive shame.
    It is a massive shame because if the Lions Trust had been more active in contacting other Trusts for support and help, I expect our Trust would have tried to help (even if it risked the wrath of some of its members for doing so). Maybe you and @Sparrows Lane Lion should stand for election to the Lions Trust yourselves. Of course, it takes up time, being a Trust board member, but hey, judging by the time you spend on here, you've got some time available :-)

• Options

Seriously @Big_Bad_World are you a member of the Lions Trust? If yes, can you tell me why they are so fucking uncooperative with other London Trusts? And if not, what organisation do you have that can run such a campaign? You need to be organised. That much at least you ought to have learnt by being such a regular on here.

To be honest, @PragueAddick , I, like many other fans don't trust a lot of the organisations associated with the club so cannot cast any light on their incompetence.

I signed the petition as the right thing to do even though I'm no fan of the Trust itself.

Organisation seems to have always been an issue with our fans groups as they never seem keen on working together. Why this is is anyone's guess but I'd assume it's because they all want the plaudits for themselves if anything is ever achieved, which is a massive shame.
    It is a massive shame because if the Lions Trust had been more active in contacting other Trusts for support and help, I expect our Trust would have tried to help (even if it risked the wrath of some of its members for doing so). Maybe you and @Sparrows Lane Lion should stand for election to the Lions Trust yourselves. Of course, it takes up time, being a Trust board member, but hey, judging by the time you spend on here, you've got some time available :-)

Completely agree re the inaction by our Trust. Hopefully they're lessons learned.

As for standing for election, I have neither the time or the patience for such a role and have enough dramas in my own life without trying to head up something like this.
  • Options
    Carter said:

First off, huge thanks to those of you that have signed the petition.

Secondly, an even bigger thanks goes to @cafcfan @Baldybonce @Off_it @Fumbluff @charltonkeston @Redrobo @paulbaconsarnie and @Carter for not signing the petition. It's quite evident that you're the types whose support we don't actually want or need. However, if you were just puffing your chests out to impress your cyber mates on here and have signed it, even through gritted teeth, then I thank you unreservedly.

We're not the best at asking for help as we genuinely appreciate the apathy that tends to be directed towards us if and when we're in any sort of trouble. We also like to try and get things done ourselves before asking others for their help.

Sign it, don't sign it, it's your choice and will, in the grand scheme of things, make very little difference.

No dramas

No chest puffing here though, like I said it would be hypocritical of me to sign it given that I don't like Millwall or anything about them and I am honestly that bitter and emotionally unintelligent to put my name to them being pumped.

It's not personal either. Certainly not against you or the handful of mates I know who go semi-regularly, every game or season ticket holders.

The clincher for anyone wavering is to think of how many people you know who say they are a Millwall fan that don't go to the games. Then think of why they are so proud to support a club they never go and watch.

I don't like Charlton being called trainspotters or anarok wearing weirdos (although looking at out support its probably fair) and I can take it and like the banter between you, @Sparrows Lane Lion and @operationpig and our lot. What I don't like is the way these people revel in the constant wanky behaviour performed in numbers. I know we have our share of divs as does every club but not on the same scale as Millwall
    I wasn't actually being too serious with my post, mainly because of the fact that we can't start getting arsey with fans of other clubs for not signing when we've made such a poor attempt at getting our own to sign it.

No offence taken or intended :smile:
  • Options
    Maybe I'm misreading this, but despite the talks of car parks and community trusts, the real issue appears to be that the owner doesn't want Renewal to build on this land, because he want to build on this land, but doesn't own it.

He goes on to state Renewals lack of track record for this type of project - what's his?

Maybe I'm jaded by American sports owners, but whenever they make development claims for the good of the team/community, it always means their bank balance.

We complain when there's a rumor that Roland want to build flats in the Jimmy Seed, or maybe where the club shop is, but think it a good idea for Millwalls owner to build 400 homes around the ground
  • Options
    Off_it said:

First off, huge thanks to those of you that have signed the petition.

Secondly, an even bigger thanks goes to @cafcfan @Baldybonce @Off_it @Fumbluff @charltonkeston @Redrobo @paulbaconsarnie and @Carter for not signing the petition. It's quite evident that you're the types whose support we don't actually want or need. However, if you were just puffing your chests out to impress your cyber mates on here and have signed it, even through gritted teeth, then I thank you unreservedly.

We're not the best at asking for help as we genuinely appreciate the apathy that tends to be directed towards us if and when we're in any sort of trouble. We also like to try and get things done ourselves before asking others for their help.

Sign it, don't sign it, it's your choice and will, in the grand scheme of things, make very little difference.

To be honest, you seem like a decent enough bloke.

But your fans have been boasting about how no-one likes you and don't care for decades and the club even puts the slogan on their merchandise ffs, so it's a bit rich to ask people to start caring now you might need their help.

It's like the opposite of the boy that cried wolf. You've been telling us this for so long now that people really just don't care

I'm sure we've all sung something along the lines of our teams being 'by far the greatest team, the world had ever seen'. Doesn't make it true though, does it? :smile:

Why wouldn't the club put it on its merchandise, regardless of whether it's true or not?

I don't think anyone is asking everyone to care, just merely put your signature on a petition. I'm not even pushing for it too much as I don't actually believe it'll make much of a difference as Lewisham Council and Renewal had this sewn up years ago.

Brown envelopes and the like we're probably at the heart of negotiations.
  • Options
    Signed
  • Options
    Signed.

IF internet rumours are true that it is an ex Mayor of Lewisham that is one of those behind these developers the deal seems a little too close for my liking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Signed. Football fans need to stick together more than ever these days.
  • Options
    As another Eynsford addick I could not agree more
  • Options
    Or should I say the "other" Eynsford addick?
  • Options
    I'm not signing this. The football club are not under threat. Berylson has been in talks with Lewisham for years about this land.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I agree with Prague here, that they have hardly been an example of footballing solidarity regarding the Olympic stadium. And I've met some genuinely nasty characters who claim brotherhood with their club. But as BBW has pointed out on here, there are all sorts in every club, and football rivalry should be about wanting to beat your rivals, not see them die, so I've signed. I expect to regret it when we meet next season in league 1.
  • Options

This petition is at least 2 years old, got to 5,000 signatures back in March 2014, 6,000 earlier today and now rapidly approaching 10,000.

So this petition is 2 years old, has been touted to fans of other clubs and yet at 12,000 signatures is over 30,000 shy of the number they took to Wembley against ?scunthorpe?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice to know that old age hasn't changed you Leroy!
    ;-)
  • Options
    Signed.
  • Options
    Tramp said:

Or should I say the "other" Eynsford addick?

There are 3 from my house that go each week! So at least 4 of us.
  • Options

This petition is at least 2 years old, got to 5,000 signatures back in March 2014, 6,000 earlier today and now rapidly approaching 10,000.

So this petition is 2 years old, has been touted to fans of other clubs and yet at 12,000 signatures is over 30,000 shy of the number they took to Wembley against ?scunthorpe?
    It's taken them that long to read it. Most are likely still working their way through the bigger words.
  • Options

It's taken them that long to read it. Most are likely still working their way through the bigger words.
  • Options
    just got emailed an update on this

17 Feb 2016 — We just wanted to say a big thank you for signing our petition.

We now have over 15,000 signatures and even made the Guardian. http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/16/millwall-battle-den-john-berylson-lewisham-andy-ambler

And in the last few minutes our local MP Vicky Foxcroft has called on the Mayor of Lewisham and his Cabinet to defer the decision and get back round the table with the club.

Thank you Vicky!

http://www.vickyfoxcroft.org.uk/millwall_football_club

The Cabinet will make its decision at a meeting tonight at 6pm.

So please follow our Twitter page for updates at https://twitter.com/defendourden

Once again, many, many thanks for your support.

• Options

just got emailed an update on this

17 Feb 2016 — We just wanted to say a big thank you for signing our petition.

We now have over 15,000 signatures and even made the Guardian. http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/16/millwall-battle-den-john-berylson-lewisham-andy-ambler

And in the last few minutes our local MP Vicky Foxcroft has called on the Mayor of Lewisham and his Cabinet to defer the decision and get back round the table with the club.

Thank you Vicky!

http://www.vickyfoxcroft.org.uk/millwall_football_club

The Cabinet will make its decision at a meeting tonight at 6pm.

So please follow our Twitter page for updates at https://twitter.com/defendourden

Once again, many, many thanks for your support.

No matter what l will always hate...........

Lewisham Council.
  • Options

Nope. Fuck them. Fuck their club, fuck their trust, fuck their fans, fuck their ground, fuck their kit, fuck their muggy cunt 'followers' only interested in looking 'ard, fuck their problem with Lewisham Council, fuck their owner, fuck Rod Liddle and fuck everyone and everything associated with them.

I hope their club gets extinguished and everything about it burned in that incinerator next to their ground. And the ashes fired into space and set on a trajectory for the sun to be turned back into the constituent elements from whence it came.

So, have you signed or not?
  • Options
    the council papers on it are here (New Bermondsey CPO) - you can even listen to it if you're really keen: http://councilmeetings.lewisham.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=139&MId=3866