Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Defend our Den Petition

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Not signing.

For no other reason than; I just can't be arsed.
  • Options
    IA said:

Although having read a bit more about it since my post this morning I didn't realise it will involve the removal of the club car park and trust office so am more sympathetic to the club's argument having since read that.

As far as I can see, Millwall's plans involve the removal of the club car park, and both plans involve moving the trust office
    If that's the case then I don't understand what would be achieved other than millwall's uber wealthy chairman (which may or may not equate to Millwall as a club) making a mint over albeit upon further reading some perhaps less than transparent ex council bods.

What exactly is preserved or bettered for Millwall and their supporters (not Berylson) if Berylson gets his way?

I haven't read enough about the background to be fair so I am probably missing something and may be way off in what I am saying.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

When they moved from the old den to the new ground did they not receive a large helping hand from Lewisham council?

Now it appears that they would like another large helping hand from the council. Or to put it another way, the tax payers of Lewisham.

Nope, just co-operation and goodwill of the council who were happy to lease the land the stadium was to be built on. The attached Lions Centre was however built with Public money.
    IA said:

Although having read a bit more about it since my post this morning I didn't realise it will involve the removal of the club car park and trust office so am more sympathetic to the club's argument having since read that.

As far as I can see, Millwall's plans involve the removal of the club car park, and both plans involve moving the trust office
    Millwall's plan would incorporate underground parking for the club and space for the Millwall Community Trust, the other would rent them some vague space somewhere although if it is sold onto another developer, even that would be in doubt.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Redrobo said:

Salt and vinegar for @Redrobo's shoulder.

And exactly how have I been treated unfairly? What grudge do you think I have?

I can see you were having a stab at humour, but a bit more effort please.

I never said you'd been treated unfairly. Nor did I say you held a grudge for any reason. What does come across from your posts is that you're very much more anti this petition, and quite vocal about others that choose to sign it, than anyone else on this thread (other than the usual suspects).

Do you work for, or with, Lewisham Council by any chance? (that's another attempt at humour)
  • Options

Redrobo said:

I never said you'd been treated unfairly. Nor did I say you held a grudge for any reason. What does come across from your posts is that you're very much more anti this scheme than anyone else on this thread (other than the usual suspects).

Do you work for, or with, Lewisham Council by any chance? (that's another attempt at humour)
    But surely the salt and vinegar comment was suggesting a chip on the shoulder and this is what that means, so yes, you did say that. Clearly you did not understand what the phrase meant and I accept your apology.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

I never said you'd been treated unfairly. Nor did I say you held a grudge for any reason. What does come across from your posts is that you're very much more anti this scheme than anyone else on this thread (other than the usual suspects).

But surely the salt and vinegar comment was suggesting a chip on the shoulder and this is what that means, so yes, you did say that. Clearly you did not understand what the phrase meant and I accept your apology.
    Er, no.

'A perceived grievance or sense of inferiority.'

No mention of grudge or being treated unfairly, although I can see where you'd assume that was the case given the definitions. Interpretation is everything.

Clearly you interpreted my inference incorrectly. No need for apologies as this is an Internet forum. If you feel the need to be apologised to by someone you don't know because of some letters they've tapped out on a screen, that you've then had a little cry over, then maybe these sort of places should be visited sporadically.

The 'cry' bit was very much my comedic brain getting ahead of itself so apologies (just for you) for that.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    If this was about them potentially relocating then I'd sign it now, as I would not like them to lose their ground. I like them there and don't want them anywhere nearer us.

This reminds me of a couple of years ago when Parish and Co got Palace for a song and then put pressure on the Banks to give them Selhurst equally cheap. Momentum pressure got put on, they got what they wanted and just a couple of years later they went front welshing the St Johns to the top 6 of the Prem. Makes me sick.

Millwall are up in arms because it was always part of Berylson's plans to get some money out of his investment. No doubt the council and Renewal might have a carve up in place but all this boils down to in my opinion is who should eventually financially benefit from the sale of a piece that neither party owns.