Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Defend our Den Petition

Comments

• Options
    Clearly Roland and Katrien will add Millwall to the network so that we can share, share, share!

Share players..... Share fans ........ share a ground!

Frankly it would be "weird" of us to object .
  • Options
    So Millwall don't object to the land being developed, it is just that they want to be the ones to make the money.

And if someone is making it, someone is losing. That will be where the rate payers come in.

Come on Lewisham, stand firm!
  • Options
    15000? They must have asked every millwall fan who HASNT seen them at Wembley
  • Options
    Fuck them to much pain in every sense hope the petition fucks up
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

So Millwall don't object to the land being developed, it is just that they want to be the ones to make the money.

And if someone is making it, someone is losing. That will be where the rate payers come in.

Exactly that. Even their own plans will result in the community building being relocated.

So what's their beef, given that they don't actually own the land in question? Well, as a heavily loss making business they obviously want to try to earn as much coin as they can - same as any other developer - and their owner has to try and get his outlay back at some point. But they are a privately owned profit aiming (if not making) company exactly the same as any other, so why would the Council favour them over any other developer - particularly as the other developer is already in for regenerating the wider area.

The community trust aspect is just a red herring as, I would assume, it is an entity in its own right and independent of the club (as is ours).

Yes they're right to be worried as this could be the end game for the man bankrolling the club if he can't get his mits on the land, but let's not confuse the two issues.

Lewisham Council have a duty to do the right thing in the round, not effectively give (more) free money to Millwall.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Signed, just as every fan should. Local rivalry aside any club with problems should be supported.

Here's the list of Trusts that got together to seek an enquiry into the Olympic Stadium fiasco:

Arsenal Supporters Trust
    Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust
    Chelsea Supporters’ Trust
    Crystal Palace Supporters’ Trust
    Fulham Supporters’ Trust
    Leyton Orient Fans’ Trust
    QPR1st Supporters’ Trust
    Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust

The Lions Trust is conspicuous by its absence and just wasn't interested in, for example, the impact on Orient.

And now their support suddenly expect assistance from elsewhere to save the toolbox?

They can swivel on it.

Not sure why our Supporters trust hasn't got behind the Olympic stadium enquiry, but I can assure you, every Millwall fan I know who I've discussed the matter with, and I reckon at a guess at the very least 99% of our support in general, would fully back Leyton Orient with this.

• Options
    Shan't
  • Options
    No chance, mentally scarred for life as a youngster but I'm not bitter.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Signed.

I know a lot of Millwall fans - friends and family. Very few of them go to games, but they're all good blokes and hold no malice towards Charlton at all. When you look past the football rivalry, you find that their type and our type do have some common ground and understanding that only South Londoners can.

Them Surrey Nigel cnuts however would never in a million years get the same level of appreciation from me.

Well said. Exactly how I see our rivalry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No thanks
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

If one club knows about losing its ground it's us, and sometimes football fans need to realise that without rivals and rivalry the game is dead,
    For that reason sign the petition

They are not losing their ground, just some of the land that they don't own and park their cars on.

London has more clubs than any other city so plenty of rivals. If they do go under it will not be any great loss to football and a positive for humanity.
    We'd lose the lions centre too which is the hub of our Millwall in the community scheme. I doubt there's many clubs about that has done more for their local community and charities than Millwall, especially on the low budget that we have. from our pioneering community schemes, donating to food banks, supporting Lewisham hospital in their fight for survival, supporting numerous local charities, active campaigning against knife crime, supporting the Jimmy Mizen foundation. In fact, ask the Mizens themselves if they think Millwall going under would not be any great lose to football or humanity. Margaret Mizen herself said it was the support from the club and fans that held her family together through their darkest hours.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Redrobo said:

If one club knows about losing its ground it's us, and sometimes football fans need to realise that without rivals and rivalry the game is dead,

They are not losing their ground, just some of the land that they don't own and park their cars on.

London has more clubs than any other city so plenty of rivals. If they do go under it will not be any great loss to football and a positive for humanity.
    We'd lose the lions centre too which is the hub of our Millwall in the community scheme. I doubt there's many clubs about that has done more for their local community and charities than Millwall, especially on the low budget that we have. from our pioneering community schemes, donating to food banks, supporting Lewisham hospital in their fight for survival, supporting numerous local charities, active campaigning against knife crime, supporting the Jimmy Mizen foundation. In fact, ask the Mizens themselves if they think Millwall going under would not be any great lose to football or humanity. Margaret Mizen herself said it was the support from the club and fans that held her family together through their darkest hours.
    Not doubting all the good things you highlight and there will always be pros and cons in any debate however for me the cons over the last 50 odd years far outweigh the pros I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Redrobo said:

Exactly that. Even their own plans will result in the community building being relocated.

So what's their beef, given that they don't actually own the land in question? Well, as a heavily loss making business they obviously want to try to earn as much coin as they can - same as any other developer - and their owner has to try and get his outlay back at some point. But they are a privately owned profit aiming (if not making) company exactly the same as any other, so why would the Council favour them over any other developer - particularly as the other developer is already in for regenerating the wider area.

The community trust aspect is just a red herring as, I would assume, it is an entity in its own right and independent of the club (as is ours).

Yes they're right to be worried as this could be the end game for the man bankrolling the club if he can't get his mits on the land, but let's not confuse the two issues.

Lewisham Council have a duty to do the right thing in the round, not effectively give (more) free money to Millwall.
    Slightly more to it than that and more context, but yes, the nub of it is the club want to develop the parcels of land they lease (which includes the Lions Centre and permanently housing the MCT)

The issues have been that Renewal through various guises have been land banking for over a decade and appear to be in cahoots with some important ex-Lewisham council members.

Millwall approached the council with outline plans but were effectively given the brush off, despite the club offering more community based developments (affordable housing & giving some profits back to the council).

Lewisham have pressed ahead with renewal and not revealed what the offers were on the parcels of land we lease. The suspicion is they are being sold on an industrial use value and when planning is approved Renewal can flip them for a big profit as residential use land values, lining the pockets of ex-council members.

Then there is the issue of the Millwall Community Trust who are permanently based in the Lions Centre. The proposed Renewal plans would make them homeless and only give them the option to 'book' a shared space. This I've been informed will impact grants issued to the MCT.

Further concerns are that Renewal don't have the capital or expertise to fully develop this. Is it just a ploy to get planning then flip plots of land off to the highest bidders to develop themselves. As each plot is bid the games begin with the council and discharging of planning conditions as no private developer wants to waste money on affordable housing, multi faith centres, community space etc. All losses of sales values.

Millwall FC seem to have acted very naively over the past few years and of course the ultimate goal is to develop the land they lease & have leased for 20+ years to help sustain the club for the long term future.

I personally would be pissed off to the see the MCT affected but sort of understand Lewisham backing Renewal if those parcels of land are integral to the overall scheme.

However, too much of it stinks, especially the links between Renewal & Lewisham and the way they have tried shrugging off Millwall. The long term fear is once we lose control of those parcels of land and we no longer own our car park....what's to stop Lewisham looking to sell off the ground too? There are covenants in place, but in planning policy departments money talks.

The arrogance of Renewal & Lewisham and the seemingly underhand goings on are what reeks and annoys many.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Slightly more to it than that and more context, but yes, the nub of it is the club want to develop the parcels of land they lease (which includes the Lions Centre and permanently housing the MCT)

The issues have been that Renewal through various guises have been land banking for over a decade and appear to be in cahoots with some important ex-Lewisham council members.

Millwall approached the council with outline plans but were effectively given the brush off, despite the club offering more community based developments (affordable housing & giving some profits back to the council).

Lewisham have pressed ahead with renewal and not revealed what the offers were on the parcels of land we lease. The suspicion is they are being sold on an industrial use value and when planning is approved Renewal can flip them for a big profit as residential use land values, lining the pockets of ex-council members.

Then there is the issue of the Millwall Community Trust who are permanently based in the Lions Centre. The proposed Renewal plans would make them homeless and only give them the option to 'book' a shared space. This I've been informed will impact grants issued to the MCT.

Further concerns are that Renewal don't have the capital or expertise to fully develop this. Is it just a ploy to get planning then flip plots of land off to the highest bidders to develop themselves. As each plot is bid the games begin with the council and discharging of planning conditions as no private developer wants to waste money on affordable housing, multi faith centres, community space etc. All losses of sales values.

Millwall FC seem to have acted very naively over the past few years and of course the ultimate goal is to develop the land they lease & have leased for 20+ years to help sustain the club for the long term future.

I personally would be pissed off to the see the MCT affected but sort of understand Lewisham backing Renewal if those parcels of land are integral to the overall scheme.

However, too much of it stinks, especially the links between Renewal & Lewisham and the way they have tried shrugging off Millwall. The long term fear is once we lose control of those parcels of land and we no longer own our car park....what's to stop Lewisham looking to sell off the ground too? There are covenants in place, but in planning policy departments money talks.

The arrogance of Renewal & Lewisham and the seemingly underhand goings on are what reeks and annoys many.

The Public Interest issue is that Lewisham only want to sell to Renewal (using a CPO to take the land back from Millwall for peanuts) then sell onto Renewal at a tribunal assessed value, rather than let Millwall and Renewal competitively bid for the land. Millwall's chairman could easily outbid Renewal for the land without having to borrow money.

The rationale from Lewisham is that they want Renewal to be able to implement its entire masterplan, but Millwall's similar plan (for this part of the larger site) is inline with it anyway. Millwall's scheme would integrate the Hotel and Sports Centre with the Stadium (making them more viable), Renewals would be separate. Millwall would be open to profit sharing with the council, no word from renewal on what they are offering the council apart from the purchase price.

Millwall could deliver the project earlier than Renewal who are reliant on packaging up the scheme and selling it on to developers to build.

• Options
    Signed - what cafctom said - have good mates who are millwall. They can't help it as it is a genetical/birth thing, just like most of us really.
    In the long run they hire the new den for a peppercorn rent so they will survive okay but unable to expand or generate income from renting out/selling flats.
    Imagine Greenwich selling off our car park and land where the club shop is it would be a real hindrance - it's just not right.
  • Options

Would do if that were the case but it isn't. They will still have their soulless ground but lose a bit of other land like the car park. The Community Trust won't fold as it will be located elsewhere. All this is about is Millwall making money from redeveloping the area as opposed to someone else making the money. Sod that. If they were in serious jeopardy of losing their ground I'd sign, been there ourselves, but they are not so I'm out.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Lewisham put the decision off. One of Millwall's local councillors, Joe Dromey:

• Options
    Tramp said:

Or should I say the "other" Eynsford addick?

My Dad lives in Eynsford so there is, at least, one more Addick there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Hate em, as any right thinking person should.

But, this would set a dangerous precedent in a borough neighbouring ours. Signing seems like a good idea considering The Rat's secret master plan.

Ps effin spanners if they swap places with us I give up on justice
  • Options

The Public Interest issue is that Lewisham only want to sell to Renewal (using a CPO to take the land back from Millwall for peanuts) then sell onto Renewal at a tribunal assessed value, rather than let Millwall and Renewal competitively bid for the land. Millwall's chairman could easily outbid Renewal for the land without having to borrow money.

The rationale from Lewisham is that they want Renewal to be able to implement its entire masterplan, but Millwall's similar plan (for this part of the larger site) is inline with it anyway. Millwall's scheme would integrate the Hotel and Sports Centre with the Stadium (making them more viable), Renewals would be separate. Millwall would be open to profit sharing with the council, no word from renewal on what they are offering the council apart from the purchase price.

Millwall could deliver the project earlier than Renewal who are reliant on packaging up the scheme and selling it on to developers to build.

Berylson did out bid renewal, but Lewisham still offered it to renewal. A company that doesn't have the means or the funds to develop the area.

• Options

Berylson did out bid renewal, but Lewisham still offered it to renewal. A company that doesn't have the means or the funds to develop the area.

Sorry, what does that mean?

Or are you saying that Millwall - the heavily loss making football club with no property development experience - is somehow better equipped to develop the area than a property development company who are already signed up to develop the wider area?

Either way the land will probably be flipped on to an actual housing developer to build out, so the only issue is whether Millwall make some cash or someone else does. That's the bottom line here.
  • Options
    Free Thinker clearly states "Millwall 's similar plan is in line with it anyway". This is not about a club going under. It is about them becoming richer.

Any Charlton fan should have a good think about that before signing.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Signed, just as every fan should. Local rivalry aside any club with problems should be supported.

Here's the list of Trusts that got together to seek an enquiry into the Olympic Stadium fiasco:

Arsenal Supporters Trust
    Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust
    Chelsea Supporters’ Trust
    Crystal Palace Supporters’ Trust
    Fulham Supporters’ Trust
    Leyton Orient Fans’ Trust
    QPR1st Supporters’ Trust
    Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust

The Lions Trust is conspicuous by its absence and just wasn't interested in, for example, the impact on Orient.

And now their support suddenly expect assistance from elsewhere to save the toolbox?

They can swivel on it.

Not sure why our Supporters trust hasn't got behind the Olympic stadium enquiry, but I can assure you, every Millwall fan I know who I've discussed the matter with, and I reckon at a guess at the very least 99% of our support in general, would fully back Leyton Orient with this.

So, have you all got on to your trust to find out why they are standing in splendid isolation and urging them to think again?

No? Thought not.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Sorry, what does that mean?

Or are you saying that Millwall - the heavily loss making football club with no property development experience - is somehow better equipped to develop the area than a property development company who are already signed up to develop the wider area?

Either way the land will probably be flipped on to an actual housing developer to build out, so the only issue is whether Millwall make some cash or someone else does. That's the bottom line here.
    No, Millwall as a club aren't, but our multi millionaire American owner is.

'Property Development company' ? Renewal? To my knowledge they haven't done any property developing. They're a company who were thrown together by ex-members of Lewisham council and friends to buy up the land around the den on the cheap and probably sell on at a extortionate rate.
  • Options

Whereas Millwall have completely different plans. They want to line John Berylson's pockets from the exact same development.
  • Options
    Signed
  • Options
    No signature from me, check their forum I'm sure they're having a giggle at our demise, so I'm not prepared to feel sorry for theirs just yet.