Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any good football quiz questions ?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016

Indeed Jimmy Jimmy himself Mr Traore

Quite a tough question that @JohnnyJoeyDeeDee got the brain working overtime
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Looking for some decent quiz questions to bamboozle work colleagues.

You know the type - which club has won.... / which player played in 4 different English Derby matches / KANU etc

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Anyone?
  • Options

Indeed Jimmy Jimmy himself Mr Traore

Quite a tough question that @JohnnyJoeyDeeDee got the brain working overtime
    Gets to mid afternoon, I'm working from home and wikipedia is open on my laptop. Better than wasting time on something trivial
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

What links Geoff Hurst and 2006 FIFA World Cup winner Simone Perrotta?

And no-one else? Otherwise, that's pretty easy. They both won the World Cup.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

You know the type - which club has won.... / which player played in 4 different English Derby matches / KANU etc

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Anyone?
    How many of the 815 (?) players to represent Charlton have been any good?
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Which are the 8 English towns or cities that could host league derby matches (assuming both teams were in the same division)?

Stoke
    Manchester
    Liverpool
    London
    Birmingham

Nottingham
    Bristol
    Sheffield

Forest aren't in Nottingham, they are in West Bridgford. So if County versus Forest is a derby, so is Forest versus County, meaning West Bridgford also hosts a derby, making that nine towns/cities.

Mmm... well that casts a doubt over London (no one plays in the city) , as well as the aforementioned Manchester derby, also Stoke as Port Vale play in Burslem...
    Debatable point re London as the city of London is more than just the City. However, Burslem is one of the five towns that make up the town of Stoke (confusing, I know).
  • Options

C_A_F_C said:

What links Geoff Hurst and 2006 FIFA World Cup winner Simone Perrotta?

And no-one else? Otherwise, that's pretty easy. They both won the World Cup.
    Must have missed this one - both born in the same town as well.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

THANKS IN ADVANCE

What are always taken to the FA Cup final but never used?
    Is this actually correct? When Southampton played Man United, did they just have one set of red and white ribbons for both teams, or did they have a set of ribbons for the team that played in away colours?
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

LenGlover said:

A referee called Bastard has refereed a FA Cup final true or false?

True, in 1946 when the Bastard failed to award 8 penalties to the runners-up :wink:
    True is correct but maybe not for the reason you suggest :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segar_Bastard
  • Options

Okay, time to unveil the answer to my favourite question ?

Which Charlton Athletic player went on to manage England ?.......

Micky Stewart?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pedro45 said:

Give up? Ted Macdougall. (same sound, different flour)

He was Scottish!
    Blimey, now I know why I always get that one wrong in quizzes.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Is this actually correct? When Southampton played Man United, did they just have one set of red and white ribbons for both teams, or did they have a set of ribbons for the team that played in away colours?
    Ta.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Except when we play the Spanners in their cup final, regardless of who's the home team, as we never win.
  • Options
    Name the seven players to have scored in a European Championship final and played in the Premier League.
  • Options

Name the seven players to have scored in a European Championship final and played in the Premier League.

John Jensen
  • Options
    Who has played for Charlton and has won the European Cup?
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Who has played for Charlton and has won the European Cup?

Blomqvist
    Traore
    Costa
    Carson
    Bolder
  • Options
    Wherabouts in London can you stand at the side of the road and see two football league grounds? This is not a trick question.
  • Options
    The two grounds are The BOLEYN and THE VALLEY where in London youhave me.
  • Options
    Please, no goggling, (save editing, spelt deliberately) ;-)

Which England player had the shot that resulted in the "Scorpion" save at Wembley ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016

Please, no goggling, (save editing, spelt deliberately) ;-)

Which England player had the shot that resulted in the "Scorpion" save at Wembley ?

Went to this game - it was the player in question's debut - Jamie Redknapp.
  • Options
    Git.
    Thought that was gonna be a runner........

;-)
  • Options
    Acab said:

Wherabouts in London can you stand at the side of the road and see two football league grounds? This is not a trick question.

Cannin' Tahn?
  • Options

Git.
    Thought that was gonna be a runner........

;-)

Remember that he didn't even see it.

Turned away in disgust at over hitting the pass and then heard the crowd roar. Had to ask what happened.
  • Options
    Cheers this thread improved the journey back from putney
  • Options
    When did the term Division One stop being used as the official name of any of the leagues in the Football League?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Fiiish said:

When did the term Division One stop being used as the official name of any of the leagues in the Football League?

About half an hour ago I think (:
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Bringing this thread out of retirement.....
    I won 114 caps before retiring from international football in 2014. Since I moved to England in 2004, I have played for three clubs who have all won the Champions League this millennium. I have also won an FA Cup and league titles in two other countries. Who am I?

• Options
    Easy - Ricky Otto (you identified yourself in the question):-) smiley face thingy
  • Options

Bringing this thread out of retirement.....
    I won 114 caps before retiring from international football in 2014. Since I moved to England in 2004, I have played for three clubs who have all won the Champions League this millennium. I have also won an FA Cup and league titles in two other countries. Who am I?

Are you Ricky Villa in disguise?
    One for the older lifers there