Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New SLP Articles: Roland didn't tell Powell to pick players & FFP changes are a disaster

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

So.
    If an email exists telling Powell who to play at Sheffield United for example, I wonder what Roland would say then.

You say that as if you know there was an email sent ?
  • Options
    edited February 2016

seth plum said:

So.
    If an email exists telling Powell who to play at Sheffield United for example, I wonder what Roland would say then.

There was.
  • Options
    How about an interview with Jiminez. I'm interested as to how he was still involved?
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

seth plum said:

So.

There was.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Agreed Henry and there is no sign of him changing his business plan. Just him hoping the ffp rules change. And kermogant wanting to leave? Is that not a complete lie?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How about an interview with Jiminez. I'm interested as to how he was still involved?

I think it's when the club was first sold at a meeting. Powell has referenced it a few times.
  • Options
    Why oh why are there still fans that want him to stay on or to try and sit with him to change his ways?

• Options

Agreed Henry and there is no sign of him changing his business plan. Just him hoping the ffp rules change. And kermogant wanting to leave? Is that not a complete lie?

If FFP was in place would that really mean Charlton under these clowns would be competitive? Unlikely
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Why oh why are there still fans that want him to stay on or to try and sit with him to change his ways?

Pointless. He will never change and neither will we.

• Options
    Sounds to me like he is having second thoughts about staying involved. I cannot see him wanting to stick around if we get relegated.
  • Options

Sounds to me like he is having second thoughts about staying involved. I cannot see him wanting to stick around if we get relegated.

Always a silver lining to every cloud.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any businessman who has a plan and then finds the plan they had is now out of date due to changes in either legislation or other outside influences that will have a 'major' impact on that said plan, would by nature have a to change it to survive in a competitive market, especially if the 'change' gives fundamental advantage to the competitors. RD clearly is no astute businessman!!
  • Options
    Begs the question who selected the head coaches, if he left the management of the club to KM, or is it just another lie?
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

cabbles said:

“I never read that he [Powell] said that,” responded Duchatelet. “But if he did, it is certainly wrong.

First line and a lie

“I did discuss on occasions about players - there were also problems at the time with key ones who wanted to leave, like Yann Kermorgant.

Another lie. I believe Powell over RD any day, and Powell said Yann was having to hold on for the right deal. We still don't know to this day if the deal tabled to Yann was good enough or acceptable to him to stay. But what we do know is he wanted to stay.

This guy is just a tosser, through and through.

We all know he never told Powell to pick players Alex Dyer told us that after Powell left ...... Yann chose the money instead of signing the new deal , think what people need to remember is the Bournemouth deal was on the table before RD took over ....as Powell said the old owners had already said they were not going to offer Yann or Stephens new deals

Be interesting next week if he gets treated like Parker will do tomorrow ??
    Alex Dyer was still an employee of the club at the time so would have toed the company line.