Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BDL: hang your head in shame

I know it's your job but that half time interview was a joke.

"Tell people why Valley Gold and Jackpot tickets are so important to the club".

Where's your pride man?

That did it for me. I fucked off home after that. I don't give a shit about your Valley Gold or your fucking raffle tickets.

Comments

• Options
    Oh dear :disappointed: .
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I know it's your job but that half time interview was a joke.

"Tell people why Valley Gold and Jackpot tickets are so important to the club".

Where's your pride man?

That did it for me. I fucked off home after that. I don't give a shit about your Valley Gold or your fucking raffle tickets.

So what exactly do you expect him to say?
  • Options
    He can say whatever he wants, I ain't listening any more
  • Options
    Does BDL work for cafc full time?
  • Options

I thought he did it for the love of the club.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Not sure how you can work under these clowns. No pride.
  • Options
    Can't believe some one dresses up as one of the new mascots every home game even though what's been happening at the club this season. What a disgrace. Unbelievable. Let them all hang as far as I'm concerned. No pride I tell you. Disgusting
  • Options
    He was wearing a black and white hat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dave is given a script. They aren't his words. I'm sure they are painful for him to say. He has been on here saying how much he loves the matchday announcer role - fair play to him for carrying on with it.

Absolutely the last person who should be copping flak.

Totally agree, Clem. There are some folk to have a pop at but not BDL. Please use a little context here.
  • Options

Dave is given a script. They aren't his words. I'm sure they are painful for him to say. He has been on here saying how much he loves the matchday announcer role - fair play to him for carrying on with it.

Totally agree, Clem. There are some folk to have a pop at but not BDL. Please use a little context here.
    but won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?!
  • Options
    3blokes said:

This. What would you rather have, a long standing fan doing the announcing, or some imported Belgian telling us to clap along to our new team anthem - The Birdy song
    Or that bloke the year we went down from the prem "we have 5 minutes!" Or whatever his catchphrase was. Cack.
  • Options
    who was the Pitch announcer that begged Michael Owen for his autograph after they'd just thumped us and were in the middle of doing a Valley lap of honour?
  • Options

Is this a paid role?
  • Options
    Don't blame BDL, someone's going to do it. I did think the interview was naff and it was all a bit desperate, no doubt in view of the plummeting Valley Gold contributions. It's all turning brown Katrien.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"Yeah sorry love, we have to eat out the bins for tea and the kids will have to go without for Christmas"

"Oh why's that dear? "

"Well after the owners sold Yann, I thought the only thing to do was resign from my position as stadium announcer. I mean, where would my pride be if I stayed in my stable job and only income. The kids will understand"

No way!
  • Options

Don't blame BDL, someone's going to do it. I did think the interview was naff and it was all a bit desperate, no doubt in view of the plummeting Valley Gold contributions. It's all turning brown Katrien.

I think you have hit the nail on the head. We are having an effect.
  • Options
    BDL should not be slagged if for doing it (it's up to his moral stance) but it was pathetic and sounded like it was being given by an Iraqi defence minister
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Well?

. He has been on here saying how much he loves the matchday announcer role - fair play to him for carrying on with it.

Probably about as much as I love going to Charlton. But thems the breaks!

If it's a main source of income then fair play to him.
    If it's a hobby, he needs to find another one for a bit.
  • Options

It's academy day so what should they talk about?

Stupid Pinocchio masks?
    Black and white scarves?

• Options
    What swisdom said. Spot on. Bdl is charlton though and through and he ain't done anything wrong. Thibk you got the wrong end of the stick here off it
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    The interview was pretty sad but you are never going to get an eloquant response from yer typical 13 yearold. Personally I find the spot the happy clapper cam for the sofa to be sadder. On the subject of the sofa there was a young girl near me straining her neck to see if she could spot the infamous sofa today, and was fairly thrilled when she spotted it.
  • Options
    Did anyone notice he was wearing a red and white scarf but a black and white hat, I think we know what he thinks. Very subtle.. Tough job he has to do but someone has to do fair play to him
  • Options

What swisdom said. Spot on. Bdl is charlton though and through and he ain't done anything wrong. Thibk you got the wrong end of the stick here off it

I dont think I have.

Just to be clear, I know it's his job and if he didn't say it then someone else would. And for what it's worth he didn't exactly look comfortable saying it. But say it he did .

Sometimes we all have to do things we don't want to, but equally sometimes we have to just do the right thing, even if it could lead to problems .

Having watched us go 3-1 at home and see a striker we discarded play a part in all3 goals, hearing someone trying to lay on the emotional blackmail telling me how important it is for me to buy a raffle ticket was just too much.

I know he's charlton through and through and hopefully he won't hate me for expressing how I felt.