Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BDL: hang your head in shame

Comments

• Options
    This thread is a red herring, the only enemy is the regime, threads like this divert attention from what should be the only focus of anger - the regime. BDL is a true, loyal Charlton fan who loves his role at Charlton. I believe it's unpaid, but may be wrong, but that doesn't matter anyway, he is one of the very few Charlton fans who remain in a formal capacity at the club.

Forget this dead end of a thread which is misguided and get back to focusing on the poisonous regime which is killing our club.
  • Options
    Peter Finch had it right in my opinion when he jacked it in, however it's each to their own if they wish to continue earning pin money if they believe nothing is wrong at present.
  • Options
    It's not emotional blackmail. It's acedemy day. Which is funded by valley gold.

It's quite simple.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Sometimes you read a thread and think WTF. This is one of those threads.

Normally they're yours!
    :)
  • Options
    There are so, so many things wrong with the club. BDL is not one of them. This thread is just weird
  • Options
    It was Academy Day and the fans have made huge contributions to our youth development through Valley Gold. What's he going to ask Steve about, the weather?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    rikofold said:

It was Academy Day and the fans have made huge contributions to our youth development through Valley Gold. What's he going to ask Steve about, the weather?

His feelings towards the Belgians? ;)
  • Options
    I could not hear a word he was saying such us the quality of acoustics and speakers in the East Stand.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Swisdom said:

Off_it said:

I know it's your job but that half time interview was a joke.

"Tell people why Valley Gold and Jackpot tickets are so important to the club".

Where's your pride man?

That did it for me. I fucked off home after that. I don't give a shit about your Valley Gold or your fucking raffle tickets.

Congratulations. I've seen some shit on here but you've just taken the biscuit.

BDL is doing a job. As others have stated I would much rather have a fan and somebody who knows nothing about the club and has no passion.

Besides that Valley gold is for the future of our club as much as anything else - it doesn't line Roland's pockets but it does provide talent to be proud of.

My company are working on the training ground - should we tell the club to fuck off and walk away from essential revenue?

There is a lots wrong with our club but BDL is not part of that.
    Valley Gold goes towards an academy that RD then sells players from so you are Wrong when you says it does not line RD pockets. KM pretty much said this in Dublin
  • Options
    Let's just get behind the boys and make some noise ffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Swisdom said:

Off_it said:

Where's your pride man?

That did it for me. I fucked off home after that. I don't give a shit about your Valley Gold or your fucking raffle tickets.

BDL is doing a job. As others have stated I would much rather have a fan and somebody who knows nothing about the club and has no passion.

Besides that Valley gold is for the future of our club as much as anything else - it doesn't line Roland's pockets but it does provide talent to be proud of.

My company are working on the training ground - should we tell the club to fuck off and walk away from essential revenue?

Valley Gold goes towards an academy that RD then sells players from so you are Wrong when you says it does not line RD pockets. KM pretty much said this in Dublin
    Couldnt agree more. This is exactly one of the revenue streams that Card is trying to stop - temporarily
  • Options
    BDL was doing as he was told. Is it his full time job, does he depend on it?
    If not maybe retire with dignity and let Mel Baroni take over.
    Or I don't mind having a go on the mic on matchdays. I can promise you it would be memorable.

The pre match manipulation and exploitation of kids was a bit pervy, and the parade of the Academy was cynical...all only my opinion of course.
    I was told today the club website has instructions as to how to be a Charlton fan! I don't believe that to be true though, nobody could come up with such a crass (IMHO) idea surely?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Dave2l said:

Instead of calling him out on here and hoping others agree with you. (Embarrassing IMO or just writing stuff without thinking)

Why don't you message him, inbox directly with your concerns.

Dave is a life long fan. I don't wana speak for him so I won't but my guess (and knowledge) is he is not a happy addick exactly like everyone else.

He is just not stupid wants to hold on to the job he loves and can see eventual light at the end of the tunnel for when things at some point will obviously turn around.

Sorry Dave, I spoke for ya.

It's an opinion Dave. I haven't called him out or been deliberately offensive. I know he's not the enemy, but the whole episode was cringey, at best.

Admin, sink the thread if you like. Don't want this to be a cause of division.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

I could not hear a word he was saying such us the quality of acoustics and speakers in the East Stand.

1StevieG said:

Yeah, still poor audibility for whatever reasons. I wonder what they will do in an emérgency?
  • Options

The bigger shame was seeing hundreds of academy kids mixed up in the painful sadness which is our club at this point in time.

How many of those kids are going to be dreaming tonight of being Roger Johnson?

What, you mean the drink drugs and money? Quite a few probably.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Dave2l said:

Instead of calling him out on here and hoping others agree with you. (Embarrassing IMO or just writing stuff without thinking)

Dave is a life long fan. I don't wana speak for him so I won't but my guess (and knowledge) is he is not a happy addick exactly like everyone else.

He is just not stupid wants to hold on to the job he loves and can see eventual light at the end of the tunnel for when things at some point will obviously turn around.

It's an opinion Dave. I haven't called him out or been deliberately offensive. I know he's not the enemy, but the whole episode was cringey, at best.

No shame you done it out of emotion and now regret it in parts, fair enough.

Daves not the enemy though and far from it. Just a bit unfair to suggest any thing otherwise. These threads are viewed by a lot of people!
  • Options

The bigger shame was seeing hundreds of academy kids mixed up in the painful sadness which is our club at this point in time.

How many of those kids are going to be dreaming tonight of being Roger Johnson?

28?
  • Options
    It's touching the way Daves stick together.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:

Off_it said:

Dave2l said:

No shame you done it out of emotion and now regret it in parts, fair enough.

Daves not the enemy though and far from it. Just a bit unfair to suggest any thing otherwise. These threads are viewed by a lot of people!
    Eh? I know there's no shame and ........... Deep breath ........... Leave it ......
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Swisdom said:

Off_it said:

Where's your pride man?

The academy will be here long after RD unless we stop contributing. It has a massive part to play in our future. If we stop contributing to it it will adversely affect the clubs future
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Sticking together is what good daves do
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Where's your pride man?

100% disagree. You should apologise. Don't attack your own side.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Swisdom said:

Off_it said:

Where's your pride man?

The academy will be here long after RD unless we stop contributing. It has a massive part to play in our future. If we stop contributing to it it will adversely affect the clubs future
    What about if we don't buy season tickets, or merchandise, or food and drink?

How much is being spent on the training ground and academy infrastructure? Truth is that VAlley Gold is a drop i in the ocean. But it's free money for the club, so stopping it sends out a powerful message, albeit not crippling.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Don't worry @Off_it I still love you too ;-)

Thanks mate. Appreciate that.

It looked painful all round. Too painful for someone of my delicate disposition to stand.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Don't worry @Off_it I still love you too ;-)

Very dignified BDL.

It will do nothing for the argument alert thread though :wink:
  • Options
    Uboat said:

My name is also Dave