Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Sheff Wednesday match thread 19/3/16 {...}

Afternoon folks and welcome to today's match thread. Well what a week it has been! A great 2-0 win over Boro, an extremely well supported mock funeral, game disruptions, lots of worldwide media coverage and just when you thought it was all over - it wasn't!!
Out came 2 statements......The first one saying that CAFC ownership wants to work with the fans, which was I presume put together by our comms team (including Mel Baroni), then THAT statement which made headlines around the world for all the wrong reasons, and our, newly appointed, Head of Comms, the aforementioned Mel, promptly quit, that followed the other resignation of John Little (Stadium safety officer).
So it is against that backdrop that the squad will be trying to get 3 points against a very strong Wendies side. A win for us will make it 10 points out of 12 and the potential to close the gap on those above us, which will lead us into the international break with renewed hope. A draw or a loss will, at this stage of the season, make it extremely difficult to avoid the drop. Today is a MASSIVE day in more ways than one!!!
I'll bring you the teams as soon as I have them, but sources are saying that Cousins may well be out of the side today through injury, but that Diarra, JJ and Igor maybe back.

COYR's!!!

Comments

• Options

Afternoon folks and welcome to today's match thread. Well what a week it has been! A great 2-0 win over Boro, an extremely well supported mock funeral, game disruptions, lots of worldwide media coverage and just when you thought it was all over - it wasn't!!
    Out came 2 statements......The first one saying that CAFC ownership wants to work with the fans, which was I presume put together by our comms team (including Mel Baroni), then THAT statement which made headlines around the world for all the wrong reasons, and our, newly appointed, Head of Comms, the aforementioned Mel, promptly quit, that followed the other resignation of John Little (Stadium safety officer).
    So it is against that backdrop that the squad will be trying to get 3 points against a very strong Wendies side. A win for us will make it 10 points out of 12 and the potential to close the gap on those above us, which will lead us into the international break with renewed hope. A draw or a loss will, at this stage of the season, make it extremely difficult to avoid the drop. Today is a MASSIVE day in more ways than one!!!
    I'll bring you the teams as soon as I have them, but sources are saying that Cousins may well be out of the side today through injury, but that Diarra, JJ and Igor maybe back.

COYR's!!!

We can't win without Cousins
  • Options
    from the ground
  • Options
    Looks like Vetokele and Jacko are in the squad?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Looks like Vetokele and Jacko are in the squad?

Yep thats what I understand
  • Options
    From twitter-:
    ICYMI: #CAFC we spoke to Voice of The Valley editor & CARD member Rick Everitt about the latest at... https://audioboom.com/boos/4323871-icymi-cafc-we-spoke-to-voice-of-the-valley-editor-card-member-rick-everitt-about-the-latest-at-the-club … via @audioBoom
  • Options
    Thanks as usual Redmidland, here's hoping you can bring us more glad tidings today!!!
    COYR............................
  • Options
    Squad will be Pope, Mitov, Yun, Jackson, Gudmundsson, Cousins, Makienok, Harriott, Diarra, Vetokele, Fanni, Reza, Ba, Lennon, Lookman, Motta, Teixeira and possibly Solly?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

from the ground

Is that a changing room? It looks more like the local scout hut.
    It's not massive, are they at the right ground ?
  • Options

From twitter-:
    ICYMI: #CAFC we spoke to Voice of The Valley editor & CARD member Rick Everitt about the latest at... https://audioboom.com/boos/4323871-icymi-cafc-we-spoke-to-voice-of-the-valley-editor-card-member-rick-everitt-about-the-latest-at-the-club … via @audioBoom

Good interview. Got all the major points across with great responses to the questions put to him. Nice work @Airman Brown
  • Options
    Igor is definitely in the squad as his kit was laid out in an earlier photo posted on twitter
  • Options
    Stig said:

from the ground

Talking of huts where's Piggy these days :wink: .
  • Options
    Owls starting line-up v @CAFCofficial: Westwood, Hunt, Loovens, Lees, Pudil, Wallace, Lee, Hutchinson, McGeady, Hooper, Forestieri #swfcLIVE
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Stig said:

from the ground

Talking of huts where's Piggy these days :wink: .
    Will be on later depending on the score I should imagine.
  • Options
    CHARLTON SUBS | Mitov, Lennon, Jackson, Poyet, Makienok, Lookman, Vetokele #cafc
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    No Cousins! Reza? ffs.
  • Options
    3 strikers on the bench
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Cousins... Wonder whats happened to him.

In a way am glad that Reza is playing as for me his best performance in a Charlton shirt was in the Home fixture
  • Options
    No Cousins?
  • Options
    looking at their team and then comparing it to ours ... :flushed:
    Harriot and reza vs mcgeady, hooper and Forestieri!

Trouncing comes to mind!
  • Options

You have to laugh. Lookman had his run out on TV last week, now back on the bench.

Have to disagree with you there Ricky... Didnt think this would be a match for him, out of the two felt Reza was more effective against Middlesbrough than Lookman
  • Options
    TEAM NEWS | That's two changes for the Addicks, with Ba and Reza coming in for Ademola Lookman and the injured Jordan Cousins #cafc
  • Options

No Cousins?

Someone said he was nursing an injury.

• Options
    Reza coming in for Lookman is a hateful thought
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

looking at their team and then comparing it to ours ... :flushed:
    Harriot and reza vs mcgeady, hooper and Forestieri!

Trouncing comes to mind!

You mean a trouncing like what they gave us when they came to the Valley when we started with Reza that day?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!