Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Sheff Wednesday match thread 19/3/16 {...}

Comments

• Options

You have to laugh. Lookman had his run out on TV last week, now back on the bench.

Have to disagree with you there Ricky... Didnt think this would be a match for him, out of the two felt Reza was more effective against Middlesbrough than Lookman
    Agreed, thought he looked lively, I think he would have gotten a penalty had Harriott not score the second, and he was blown for offside when played through when he was a good yard onside.

It's probably not the team I would have picked, though Mak and Harriott up front hasn't always worked well.
  • Options
    Just hope Cousins isn't as badly "injured" as Henderson.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Pedro45 said:

Fancy a 3-0 defeat today; set pieces will be a problem without Cousins. It will be pressure from the off, and we will cave at some point. If we can hold them and silence the crowd, we might be able to snatch something late, but I'm expecting a big bumpy landing after last week.

Wonder who will be given the responsibility of the near post angle of the six yard for corners against, where he and previously JJ did a job.
  • Options

Reza in for lookman..... p*ss off you bunch of clowns. Outrageous.
    I very much doubt that that is a decision based on giving us the best chance of winning the game.
    I still have hope of staying up, but this shambles of a management team are doing their best to send us down!

Obviously, hope Reza hits a hattrick!

COYR

Agreed - if we stay up to it will be despite the inept network stooge Riga - can't stand the bloke....
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Pedro45 said:

Fancy a 3-0 defeat today; set pieces will be a problem without Cousins. It will be pressure from the off, and we will cave at some point. If we can hold them and silence the crowd, we might be able to snatch something late, but I'm expecting a big bumpy landing after last week.

Wonder who will be given the responsibility of the near post angle of the six yard for corners against where he and previously JJ did a job.
    Easy to answer.

No one.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

RedChaser said:

Pedro45 said:

Wonder who will be given the responsibility of the near post angle of the six yard for corners against where he and previously JJ did a job.
    Easy to answer.

No one.

That's my worry :wink: .
  • Options
    30 mins till ko.....3 points please Addicks
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

You have to laugh. Lookman had his run out on TV last week, now back on the bench.

Have to disagree with you there Ricky... Didnt think this would be a match for him, out of the two felt Reza was more effective against Middlesbrough than Lookman
    Agreed, thought he looked lively, I think he would have gotten a penalty had Harriott not score the second, and he was blown for offside when played through when he was a good yard onside.

It's probably not the team I would have picked, though Mak and Harriott up front hasn't always worked well.
    I think Riga likes the idea of two very mobile forwards playing in tandem. It makes the opposition very wary of committing too many men forward and relieves some pressure on our defence.

• Options
    Oakster said:

I very much doubt that that is a decision based on giving us the best chance of winning the game.
    I still have hope of staying up, but this shambles of a management team are doing their best to send us down!

COYR

Agreed - if we stay up to it will be despite the inept network stooge Riga - can't stand the bloke....
    Lookman did a job last week but playing him and Harriott (our form player) is a hiding to nothing. They're too similar, too small, and struggle to hold the ball up. Lookman also looked knackered on 40 minutes. This is his first full season at any sort of level, he's probably lacking a bit for fitness and banged and bruised up. makes a good impact sub, but can't be expected to start week in week out.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I hope Alou Diarra lasts the match - when asked on Tuesday if he was now fit he said that he wasn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That team looks very fragile to me.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Oakster said:

COYR

Lookman did a job last week but playing him and Harriott (our form player) is a hiding to nothing. They're too similar, too small, and struggle to hold the ball up. Lookman also looked knackered on 40 minutes. This is his first full season at any sort of level, he's probably lacking a bit for fitness and banged and bruised up. makes a good impact sub, but can't be expected to start week in week out.
    but Reza is absolute shite, and not much taller than Lookman!
  • Options
    Agree with SDAddick on this. Lookman doesn't seem up to a full game, but 20-30 minutes off the bench, when the defenders are starting to slow down makes him very dangerous. Of course they are two things that need to go along with this. The game needs to be close, and the manager need to bring him on.
  • Options
    Is it on the radio anywhere?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Oakster said:

COYR

It's all good SD but it's inconceivable that there is no interference in the team selection from control freak Duchatalet. Riga, despite his smarmy "I love the club" sales pitch, is very much Duchatalet's man. I want him out of the door with the rest of them.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2016
    Happy to see that Charlton have found Igor Vetekele & he is hopefully fit enough to be back in the match day squad.
  • Options
    It's make or break today. Come on you reds.
  • Options
    It's cold and grey up here. Looking at the line up I reckon we'll struggle to score but we could shut them out.
    Fancy it'll be a 0-0.
    On a separate note, it's about time Wendies do something about their away facilities - got to be the worst anywhere (bar Brentford).
  • Options
    Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

Oakster said:

COYR

It's all good SD but it's inconceivable that there is no interference in the team selection from control freak Duchatalet. Riga, despite his smarmy "I love the club" sales pitch, is very much Duchatalet's man. I want him out of the door with the rest of them.
    Where is the proof that Riga is RD's man... the latter didnt want to give him a Contract at the end of his first spell and wanted to give the current job to some unknown Serbian!!

Love how people make claims on here now without being able to back them up with proper evidence!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Right now Terry on CAFCPlayer is making the point that Cousins without Diarra wasn't nearly as good. I completely agree, and I'm really hoping for the same for Ba today.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Just hope Cousins isn't as badly "injured" as Henderson.

He's not injured.he played too well last week and we can't have that. (:
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Right now Terry on CAFCPlayer is making the point that Cousins without Diarra wasn't nearly as good. I completely agree, and I'm really hoping for the same for Ba today.

Our biggest issues this season have been when we've had both Diarra and Kashi out injured... Its left no one in our Midfield to protect the Defence and its proven.
  • Options

Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

Oakster said:

COYR

Where is the proof that Riga is RD's man... the latter didnt want to give him a Contract at the end of his first spell and wanted to give the current job to some unknown Serbian!!

Love how people make claims on here now without being able to back them up with proper evidence!!
    RD would rather give the job to Riga, a Belgian he knows, even if he does not get on with him, than a British coach with championship experience
  • Options
    Of course it might be that Douchbag has said to Riga, play that Reza bloke and tell him I want a stella performance and three points if he wants a new contract at the end if the season. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

Oakster said:

COYR

RD would rather give the job to Riga, a Belgian he knows, even if he does not get on with him, than a British coach with championship experience
    Yeah but that doesnt make Riga his man... the same that Bob Peeters was never RD's man!!
  • Options
    Oakster said:

COYR

In with you Oakster. Can't stand Riga, I was quite open minded when he came back, now I just dislike him.
  • Options
    All minor optimism from last week is gone with that line-up, fuck me.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

All minor optimism from last week is gone with that line-up, fuck me.

Pass :wink:
  • Options

Oakster said:

COYR

In with you Oakster. Can't stand Riga, I was quite open minded when he came back, now I just dislike him.
    Am curious to know where that dislike has come from to be honest?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!