Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Sheff Wednesday match thread 19/3/16 {...}

Comments

• Options

You have to laugh. Lookman had his run out on TV last week, now back on the bench.

He was pretty ineffective against Boro to be honest
  • Options
    No Johnson on the bench. Maybe that's why Ba has agreed to play.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I reckon Douchbag has told Riga to play Reza to get some return on the wages he's been stealing for two years. Having said that, hope he has a blinder and doesn't try and tackle otherwise we'll be down to 10 men again
  • Options
    Did Lookman even have a shot against Boro?
  • Options
    Afternoon Red. Afternoon all. Will update from Owls coverage. apologies in advance for slowness and typos.
  • Options

CHARLTON | Pope, Motta, Fanni, Teixeira, Fox, Gudmundsson, Ba, Diarra (c), Suk-Young, Harriott, Ghoochannejhad #cafc

Looks weak. Obviously hope I'm wrong but can't see that starting line up winning.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Sorry mate that doesn't make Reza's selection anymore palatable.
  • Options

sammy391 said:

looking at their team and then comparing it to ours ... :flushed:
    Harriot and reza vs mcgeady, hooper and Forestieri!

Trouncing comes to mind!

You mean a trouncing like what they gave us when they came to the Valley when we started with Reza that day?
    A trouncing like the fact they have two champions league standard players and another who scores goals for fun!
  • Options
    Harriott and Reza up front could work quite well if we play to feet and exploit their pace. Surprised to have 3 strikers on the bench and no Bergdych who has been a regular since Christmas
  • Options
    Afternnon @sethplum...thanks as usual mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ghoochannejhad!! The mind truly boggles!!! Totally ineffective and too lightweight for English football at any level!! (And yes, I do hope those words come back to bite me on the rear come 4.50pm!!)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Sorry mate that don't make Reza's selection anymore palatable.
    To be fair Reza was involved in our second goal against Middlesbrough... Lookman was involved in nothing all day

I'm all for playing the lad when he's ready but its got to be at the right times, like I said about Tarieq Holmes-Dennis, we're in a relegation battle, we cant be relying on inexperienced kids to get us out of this mess because having to play the kids is what got us into this mess in the first place!!

Not that its their fault but you saw Harriott against Barnsley the last time Riga was in charge... Callum was supposed to be our shinning light that season, it was supposed to be his break through year, he had a terrible match that day and the fans had no hesitation about getting on his back, do you seriously think they wont have a problem doing it again with Lookman!!
  • Options
    45 mins till ko....COYR's!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    In removing myself from the Reza debate - I'm going sit on the fench and review after the game.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

Trouncing comes to mind!

You mean a trouncing like what they gave us when they came to the Valley when we started with Reza that day?
    A trouncing like the fact they have two champions league standard players and another who scores goals for fun!
    You're sounding like Piggy now!

Wednesday may have won 3-0 at Forest last week, but failed to score in their previous 3 matches, two 0-0 draws and a 1-0 defeat to Rotherham
  • Options

In not getting drawn in to the Reza debate - I'm going sit on the fench and review after the game.

I'm only doing the same mate... I dont necessarily think that Reza is the correct answer today but he might be which is why I dont see the need for some on here to bash him before the game.

At the same time I just think its ludicrous that we're putting our Championship survival hopes on a 17-year old who has barely played three months (He has been injured a while) of Football at this level.
  • Options

from the ground

I like Riga.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

RedChaser said:

Sorry mate that don't make Reza's selection anymore palatable.
    To be fair Reza was involved in our second goal against Middlesbrough... Lookman was involved in nothing all day

I'm all for playing the lad when he's ready but its got to be at the right times, like I said about Tarieq Holmes-Dennis, we're in a relegation battle, we cant be relying on inexperienced kids to get us out of this mess because having to play the kids is what got us into this mess in the first place!!

Not that its their fault but you saw Harriott against Barnsley the last time Riga was in charge... Callum was supposed to be our shinning light that season, it was supposed to be his break through year, he had a terrible match that day and the fans had no hesitation about getting on his back, do you seriously think they wont have a problem doing it again with Lookman!!
    I'm not saying Lookman should be favoured over Reza I just don't think the bloke should be in the starting 11, I'd rather have another midfielder or one of the other two forwards sitting it out on the bench. Let's see how it goes.
  • Options
    On the bench for Wednesday: Wildsmith, Palmer, Sasso, Lopez, Matias, Nuhiu, Joao #swfcLIVE
  • Options
    Bloody hell someone found Igor at last
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

Trouncing comes to mind!

You're sounding like Piggy now!

Wednesday have have won 3-0 at Forest last week, but failed to score in their previous 3 matches, two 0-0 draws and a 1-0 defeat to Rotherham
    apologises , did I really sound that bad :wink:
    However , form completely goes out the window when playing Charlton this season - Fulham hadn't kept a clean sheet in however many games and then Charlton rock up!
  • Options
    If we can keep it tight and frustrate them (especially that cheating bastard Forestieri) Lookman, Vetokele and the big lump might be good options near the end?.........................I'm hoping anyway!!
    Lets hope the confident Callum H can get at them today as well, I must say I've been impressed with him on and off the pitch recently.
    COYR....................
  • Options
    I don't know, Reza was very lively in the first half away at Brighton and has put in some good shifts as a sub. He and Harriot could cause some problems. If they don't we've got some good options on the bench. Great shame about Cousins, perhaps Riga is protecting him.
  • Options
    Lets just be happy Makionok isn't starting
  • Options
    Reza hat-trick in tribute to marvellous Marvin.
  • Options

I don't know, Reza was very lively in the first half away at Brighton and has put in some good shifts as a sub. He and Harriot could cause some problems. If they don't we've got some good options on the bench. Great shame about Cousins, perhaps Riga is protecting him.

Yeh he was really special up at Huddersfield lasting 5 minutes as sub before getting himself sent off :open_mouth: .
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Reza has a hotline to Roly so this is all part of Roly's revenge on the revolting fans.
  • Options
    Fancy a 3-0 defeat today; set pieces will be a problem without Cousins. It will be pressure from the off, and we will cave at some point. If we can hold them and silence the crowd, we might be able to snatch something late, but I'm expecting a big bumpy landing after last week.
  • Options

Reza has a hotline to Roly so this is all part of Roly's revenge on the revolting fans.

No need to bring looks into it.
  • Options
    Reza in for lookman..... p*ss off you bunch of clowns. Outrageous.
    I very much doubt that that is a decision based on giving us the best chance of winning the game.
    I still have hope of staying up, but this shambles of a management team are doing their best to send us down!

Obviously, hope Reza hits a hattrick!

COYR
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!