Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Sheff Wednesday match thread 19/3/16 {...}

Comments

• Options
    The line up doesn't fill me with confidence but I'll be very happy to be proved wrong at full time
  • Options
    10 mins till ko....apologies up front for any typos and spelling mistakes
  • Options

Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

Oakster said:

Reza in for lookman..... p*ss off you bunch of clowns. Outrageous.
    I very much doubt that that is a decision based on giving us the best chance of winning the game.
    I still have hope of staying up, but this shambles of a management team are doing their best to send us down!

Obviously, hope Reza hits a hattrick!

COYR

Agreed - if we stay up to it will be despite the inept network stooge Riga - can't stand the bloke....
    Lookman did a job last week but playing him and Harriott (our form player) is a hiding to nothing. They're too similar, too small, and struggle to hold the ball up. Lookman also looked knackered on 40 minutes. This is his first full season at any sort of level, he's probably lacking a bit for fitness and banged and bruised up. makes a good impact sub, but can't be expected to start week in week out.
    It's all good SD but it's inconceivable that there is no interference in the team selection from control freak Duchatalet. Riga, despite his smarmy "I love the club" sales pitch, is very much Duchatalet's man. I want him out of the door with the rest of them.
    Where is the proof that Riga is RD's man... the latter didnt want to give him a Contract at the end of his first spell and wanted to give the current job to some unknown Serbian!!

Love how people make claims on here now without being able to back them up with proper evidence!!
    the fact that he keeps scuttling back to this shit network is proof enough for me, the two of them & Meire are joined at the hip - i'm not taken in by the smooth talking and protestations of independence - its a show....
  • Options

All minor optimism from last week is gone with that line-up, fuck me.

See what you say at 5pm
  • Options
    Don't like Cousins and Diarra in the middle at all!
  • Options
    Lookman on the bench. Someone's taking the fucking piss. Another wasted journey for me?
  • Options
    At Hillesbro, banned bringing tea flask into the ground for safety reasons and just seen the crap team we have, added to that car is double parked so can't leave when 3-0 down

Bad day getting worse
  • Options
    Play up the Addicks, yip yipperdy yip and hoorah!!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Oakster said:

the fact that he keeps scuttling back to this shit network is proof enough for me, the two of them & Meire are joined at the hip - i'm not taken in by the smooth talking and protestations of independence - its a show....

I like Riga. I think he's a good, thorough manager. He definitely scouts the opposition. He's also a "systems" manager, meaning that everyone goes out with a job to do. With managers like that, results like the one against MK Dons is possible, where you set a team out with a shape but you can sometimes keep them from having that spark or moment of magic. But the upside to such a manager is seen against the likes of 'Boro and Brentford, where you set up a side to defend well, chip away, and knick a goal or two.

That's also why I think Reza gets the start today. He's not the most brilliant individual player, but he can go out there and do a job. I have not seen loads of him in a Charlton shirt, but I always think back to the World Cup where he played up front in a team lacking creativity and he really did a job and looked an absolute handful.

I understand that because he's a network manager it brings skepticism, but I think he has the ability. Also, I have no idea what his backroom and scouting staff are like, but I suspect it's quite barebones, so he's already working with one hand tied behind his back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oakster said:

I very much doubt that that is a decision based on giving us the best chance of winning the game.
    I still have hope of staying up, but this shambles of a management team are doing their best to send us down!

COYR

Agreed - if we stay up to it will be despite the inept network stooge Riga - can't stand the bloke....
    In with you Oakster. Can't stand Riga, I was quite open minded when he came back, now I just dislike him.
    Am curious to know where that dislike has come from to be honest?
    I just find the whole network thing tedious. He was manager here before, deemed not good enough to get the gig on a permanent basis, then rocks up again 18 months later - where's the mans self respect?
    It's the whole Belgian thing. He's part of it, therefore I dislike him.

• Options
    If someone could text me updates as I am changing hotels from the K.O so no wifi for an hour that would be much appreciated.....
  • Options
    edited March 2016

ross1 said:

Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

Oakster said:

COYR

Lookman did a job last week but playing him and Harriott (our form player) is a hiding to nothing. They're too similar, too small, and struggle to hold the ball up. Lookman also looked knackered on 40 minutes. This is his first full season at any sort of level, he's probably lacking a bit for fitness and banged and bruised up. makes a good impact sub, but can't be expected to start week in week out.
    It's all good SD but it's inconceivable that there is no interference in the team selection from control freak Duchatalet. Riga, despite his smarmy "I love the club" sales pitch, is very much Duchatalet's man. I want him out of the door with the rest of them.
    Where is the proof that Riga is RD's man... the latter didnt want to give him a Contract at the end of his first spell and wanted to give the current job to some unknown Serbian!!

Love how people make claims on here now without being able to back them up with proper evidence!!
    RD would rather give the job to Riga, a Belgian he knows, even if he does not get on with him, than a British coach with championship experience
    Yeah but that doesnt make Riga his man... the same that Bob Peeters was never RD's man!!
    Maybe i've misunderstood your point, but Bob Peeters was very much RD's man. Katrien was totally gutted when Roland told her Bob was the new manager.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Don't like Cousins and Diarra in the middle at all!

That's OK, it's Diarra and Ba today
  • Options
    Go Addicks btw!
  • Options
    Stig said:

PL54 said:

from the ground

I like Riga.
    I like all the European capitals.
    I fear this will get overlooked, but well done.
  • Options
    Teams on way out...COYR's!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Oakster said:

COYR

In with you Oakster. Can't stand Riga, I was quite open minded when he came back, now I just dislike him.
    I just find the whole network thing tedious. He was manager here before, deemed not good enough to get the gig on a permanent basis, then rocks up again 18 months later - where's the mans self respect?

I guess in the world of Football if you dont take a Managerial job when its offered to you, you might not end back in the game ever again.

Just look at Alan Curbishley... He's turned down jobs and I never see him becoming a Manager again. There are just far too many in the profession so that when a chance comes along they have to take it

Plus I see it more as respect to us... Riga said at the time he never wanted to leave so how would that sound if the Charlton job came up again and he said no thanks... Instantly people would question whether his original comment was true or not
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

If someone could text me updates as I am changing hotels from the K.O so no wifi for an hour that would be much appreciated.....

No worries, were 2-0 up Reza with both.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

No worries, were 2-0 up Reza with both.
    I said updates not piss taking....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I look at that team and wonder who is going to make the difference. possibly JBG but he flatters to deceive so much, and Reza? If Reza does it for us today I will be astounded.
    I want Nick Pope to play a blinder.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 17s17 seconds ago
    1' Charlton get us under way. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    off we go....addicks ko......
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I look at that team and wonder who is going to make the difference. possibly JBG but he flatters to deceive so much, and Reza? If Reza does it for us today I will be astounded.
    I want Nick Pope to play a blinder.

Harriot. And I have a sneaking suspicion Ba might turn up today
  • Options
    John Pearson late of this parish is the expert.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Pearson_(footballer,_born_1963)

When the Red Red Robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’
    Along, along,
    There’ll be no more sobbin’
    As he keeps throbbin’
    His old, sweet song,
    Wake up! Wake up, you sleepy head.
    Get up! Get up get out of bed.
    Cheer up! Cheer up, the sun is red.
    Live, love, laugh and be happy!

What if I feel blue?
    I’ll go walking through
    Fields of flowers.
    Rain may glisten, but still I listen
    For hours, and hours.
    I’m like a kid again,
    Doing what I did again,
    Singing this song,
    When the Red Red Robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’ along!

We are off.
  • Options
    tex has it....fanni...tex....fox....harry...fox to yun.....fanni...motta.....jbg....tackled
  • Options
    they coem forward...harry cuts out they get it back..and win a throw
  • Options
    Fox involved, and fanni, to the right, motta to jbg breaks down
    we get it and harriott is dispossessed.
    owls throw
  • Options

Oakster said:

COYR

I guess in the world of Football if you dont take a Managerial job when its offered to you, you might not end back in the game ever again.

Just look at Alan Curbishley... He's turned down jobs and I never see him becoming a Manager again. There are just far too many in the profession so that when a chance comes along they have to take it

Plus I see it more as respect to us... Riga said at the time he never wanted to leave so how would that sound if the Charlton job came up again and he said no thanks... Instantly people would question whether his original comment was true or not
    I still don't like him (:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!