Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray Time To Speak

Comments

• Options
    I don't want to hear what he has to say anymore he repeats the same old tripe, now he's snuggling up to the regime the only thing coming out of his mouth is patronising lies. Time for him to go now.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    Interesting development.
  • Options

No goodwill left, the bloke is a complete and utter cretin. Not even the intelligence to get out before it got this bad.

Seems he will prostitute himself to the Belgians for the sake of getting a few quid back.

I have lost a lot of respect for Murray but "a few quid". I don't think so. Murray is probably ("probably" an assumption) in a high amount of debt. At the end of the day you have to look out for number 1...but the way he's going about it is really disappointing.
  • Options
    What interesting development? Has he resigned?
  • Options
    Ah ok yes that would be an interesting development.

He'd need to resign as chairman/president or whatever his current job title is. But it would be good news.
  • Options
    The time for him to step away and join the fans passed months ago, about the same time he was going to the effort to defend the current regime & undermine the fans in public.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Well I respect what Doucher says and he insinuates RM is about to detach from RD / KM. that to me is an interesting development
    The cynic in me says as he's going to be even farther away in L1 from the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow to get his £3m and knows it's only going to get worse, he's therefore ready to change horses now. Could this be an olive branch to Peter Varney? :open_mouth:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

he is one of us and i'd like to think that if he jumps soon (all be it a bit later than many may have liked) he will be welcomed aboard our boat

Sorry, I'll be stood on the edge of the boat jabbing at him with the oar. He's jumped two years too late
  • Options
    I thought he was slightly less than 100% behind KM (99% ?) at the November meeting and had a small hope that he was wavering but nothing has happened since. Maybe, just maybe, with more info to go on than us, he has reasoned that he has to time his departure (if that is what he is going to do) to coincide with a strategic weak point in RD's reign. Until now RD has always seemed remote and unaffected.

Also, if he is 100% behind RD and his plan, why did he (apparantly) introduce potential buyers (as indicated by Airman Brown) ?
  • Options
    problem is, if we go down, which is odds on, rd is less likely to sell and if rm is not involved and has jumped, we have absolutely nothing but rd's lunacy steering the club - what real benefit would rm jumping actually provide other than maybe saving a bit of his own credibility?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

DOUCHER said:

problem is, if we go down, which is odds on, rd is less likely to sell and if rm is not involved and has jumped, we have absolutely nothing but rd's lunacy steering the club - what real benefit would rm jumping actually provide other than maybe saving a bit of his own credibility?

what benefit has it brought by him staying?
    don't know but maybe the club would be / will be an even bigger disaster if its just the lunatics on their own

• Options

Well I respect what Doucher says and he insinuates RM is about to detach from RD / KM. that to me is an interesting development
    Interesting indeed. Not interested in allowing any dialogue between Duchatelet and Varny but only a short time later decides to resign. Lost faith in the regime ? Needs to side with the lads ? Or something else that's related to not wanting Varney's people talking with RD.

Or am I just a conspiracy theorist ?

• Options

DOUCHER said:

stonemuse said:

DOUCHER said:

don't know but maybe the club would be / will be an even bigger disaster if its just the lunatics on their own

Yet if Murray really wanted to help from the inside he could have facilitated communication between Varney and Duchatelet.
    But what if, at that time, he concluded that RD was not ready to consider selling or he just wanted his own preferred investor ?
  • Options
    Hex said:

DOUCHER said:

stonemuse said:

DOUCHER said:

Yet if Murray really wanted to help from the inside he could have facilitated communication between Varney and Duchatelet.
    But what if, at that time, he concluded that RD was not ready to consider selling or he just wanted his own preferred investor ?
    Then why not get in touch with Varney?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Someone is going to have to crawl out of the woodwork and say something soon to address relegation and its implications for next season.

I can honestly see nothing coming from the club were we to go down. Roland's statement was a huge self destruct for me. He's clueless as to what to do now. He was I think unaware of what hit him for the Boro game. Anyone on the inside will only see day to day what we all know. Absolute fucking shambles. The players know it.

The long serving players know it's rotten to the core, there's not much else they can do, other than turn up for training and match days. We're playing badly, it's got a bit better but it's too late. The players will be going through the motions.

Roland is clueless and that manifests itself all the way down. There is absolutely zero leadership. KM is woefully out of her depth, retreating fast. She honestly might as well only be there to receive my emails. Since we've sacked Luzon they've got nothing. Riga wasn't even wanted as the manager. He's only here because there's no one else in Roland's stable.

Relegation will happen and at that point, if Roland had any shred of common sense left, he would say now is the time to sell. For him to hold on would be as detrimental to him, as it would to us.

• Options
    What if he has realized that there is simply no way that that is going to happen(Varney and Duchatelet to meet) and him removing himself from the situation is the best opportunity to get what is clearly needed, for the Belgians to chip off...

Hmm ... Chicken and Egg...

#wearesuchamess
  • Options
    Like Shane warne on that awful hair regain ad, RM could say it's the best thing he's done.

It isn't of course, warne v getting is one of the best things he's done. RM shoeing in cash to keep the club alive is one of the best things he's done.

But resigning would be another very good thing for RM to do (unlike the Shane warne regain ads which are broadly equivalent to resigning Johnson)
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

stonemuse said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

stonemuse said:

DOUCHER said:

but rd didnt want to sell then
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

stonemuse said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

stonemuse said:

DOUCHER said:

but rd didnt want to sell then
    so... RD wants to sell now?
  • Options
    I would like to think that Murray still wants the best for Charlton and if so I'm not sure even if he did jump the sinking ship that would be the best idea. keep your enemies close and all that. I doubt if he has much sway with Roland (I doubt if anyone has tbh) but there might still be a chance to offer Roland a way out with a deal that Murray could help bring to the desk of douch.
  • Options

Like Shane warne on that awful hair regain ad, RM could say it's the best thing he's done.

It isn't of course, warne v getting is one of the best things he's done. RM shoeing in cash to keep the club alive is one of the best things he's done.

But resigning would be another very good thing for RM to do (unlike the Shane warne regain ads which are broadly equivalent to resigning Johnson)

Did you just get an unwanted regain gift for your birthday?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    To be fair to RM, I will reiterate he is not an employee, he is not paid and he doesn't own any of the club. I have no idea how he justifies to himself being on the board (it's not about money), but common sense says he will jump ship sooner or later.
  • Options

Did you just get an unwanted regain gift for your birthday?
    Fortunately not required.