Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray Time To Speak

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2016
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

stonemuse said:

DOUCHER said:

problem is, if we go down, which is odds on, rd is less likely to sell and if rm is not involved and has jumped, we have absolutely nothing but rd's lunacy steering the club - what real benefit would rm jumping actually provide other than maybe saving a bit of his own credibility?

what benefit has it brought by him staying?
    don't know but maybe the club would be / will be an even bigger disaster if its just the lunatics on their own

Yet if Murray really wanted to help from the inside he could have facilitated communication between Varney and Duchatelet.

DOUCHER said:

stonemuse said:

DOUCHER said:

problem is, if we go down, which is odds on, rd is less likely to sell and if rm is not involved and has jumped, we have absolutely nothing but rd's lunacy steering the club - what real benefit would rm jumping actually provide other than maybe saving a bit of his own credibility?

what benefit has it brought by him staying?
    don't know but maybe the club would be / will be an even bigger disaster if its just the lunatics on their own

Yet if Murray really wanted to help from the inside he could have facilitated communication between Varney and Duchatelet.
    but rd didnt want to sell then
    Katrien, is that you?

Seriously though, was anyone going to explicitly tell Varney that?
  • Options
    my opinion - if we stay up, he will sell and there will be plenty of takers - go down and we r going to have to continue to try and force him out which is most likely scenario and why it is important not to renew season tickets - go down and the number of interested buyers drops right off
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Someone is going to have to crawl out of the woodwork and say something soon to address relegation and its implications for next season.

I can honestly see nothing coming from the club were we to go down. Roland's statement was a huge self destruct for me. He's clueless as to what to do now. He was I think unaware of what hit him for the Boro game. Anyone on the inside will only see day to day what we all know. Absolute fucking shambles. The players know it.

The long serving players know it's rotten to the core, there's not much else they can do, other than turn up for training and match days. We're playing badly, it's got a bit better but it's too late. The players will be going through the motions.

Roland is clueless and that manifests itself all the way down. There is absolutely zero leadership. KM is woefully out of her depth, retreating fast. She honestly might as well only be there to receive my emails. Since we've sacked Luzon they've got nothing. Riga wasn't even wanted as the manager. He's only here because there's no one else in Roland's stable.

Relegation will happen and at that point, if Roland had any shred of common sense left, he would say now is the time to sell. For him to hold on would be as detrimental to him, as it would to us.

Can't believe you're dissing your bird like that!! :-)
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

my opinion - if we stay up, he will sell and there will be plenty of takers - go down and we r going to have to continue to try and force him out which is most likely scenario and why it is important not to renew season tickets - go down and the number of interested buyers drops right off

Not a chance are we staying up.
  • Options
    I thought he was a non-executive (not day to day involvement) chairman of the Board. But I don't know this as a fact.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    DOUCHER said:

my opinion - if we stay up, he will sell ......

Sell what? He may be a contingent creditor (that's probably worth about 2p in the £ tops) but he doesn't own any equity in the club.
  • Options
    @PeanutsMolloy he is referring to Roland
  • Options
    Cheers Chief - that will learn me for skipping most of the posts :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just my opinión. If we go down, there may well be people who want to buy in the hope of picking us up cheap. That would then depend on Roland losing more tan just his shirt. You could call it his come uppance for two years of disastrous mismanagement, but he may want to try and return us to the Champ, in order to make a sale Price better. Given how well he has done so far, the idea of him providing a lead to enable us to return quickly doesn't seem likely at all, but I don't think RD is a big one for self criticism, so he probably won't see any of this as a faliure on his part, or even a faliure of his model for Charlton to survive.
    Basically for us and the club, the best case scenario is that he sells. I don't know if Varney's connexions are still available, but if anyone has got RD's ear, now would be the time to tell him to bite their hand off and never return to perfidious Albion again.
  • Options

I suspect that now relegation is assured Roland will appoint a British number two to Riga. Identify some British players from league one and have one season run at getting back up to the championship. Tough to do and unlikely. I don't see a carbon copy of the last two years of foreign imports either working or happening.

The last bit is definitely true that Roland's current plans won't work in league one. But that doesn't mean he's going to change them! Are you serious??
  • Options
    HandG said:

I suspect that now relegation is assured Roland will appoint a British number two to Riga. Identify some British players from league one and have one season run at getting back up to the championship. Tough to do and unlikely. I don't see a carbon copy of the last two years of foreign imports either working or happening.

The last bit is definitely true that Roland's current plans won't work in league one. But that doesn't mean he's going to change them! Are you serious??
    Well we shall see of course but my gut feeling is that Riga knows he needs some British recruits that know the division. There will be a lot of player departures and I think the majority of replacements will come from Britain.
  • Options

Don't see the foreign manager/imports/loans plan working any better in League 1 than it has this season, but that's no reason to think the supremely arrogant/stubborn RD will change anything. He believes it works and is unlikely to change course.
  • Options

HandG said:

Well we shall see of course but my gut feeling is that Riga knows he needs some British recruits that know the division. There will be a lot of player departures and I think the majority of replacements will come from Britain.
    Again, agree there will be an exodus. But foreign players are cheaper and plentiful. No up-and-coming (ie good enough) British player would want to come to a club like Chalrton unless they had no alternatives, in which case they probably aren't good enough. So we're stuck with a foreign owner, a useless CEO, a stooge manager and a load of mercenaries from the continent. Makes even a discounted season ticket seem overpriced.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

HandG said:

Again, agree there will be an exodus. But foreign players are cheaper and plentiful. No up-and-coming (ie good enough) British player would want to come to a club like Chalrton unless they had no alternatives, in which case they probably aren't good enough. So we're stuck with a foreign owner, a useless CEO, a stooge manager and a load of mercenaries from the continent. Makes even a discounted season ticket seem overpriced.
    I still think that a lot of players from league one would see Charlton as a step up.

• Options
    cabbles said:

Someone is going to have to crawl out of the woodwork and say something soon to address relegation and its implications for next season.

KM is woefully out of her depth, retreating fast. She honestly might as well only be there to receive my emails.

She doesn't even do that!

• Options
    Murray has certsinly got himself in a bit of a pickle. I'm sure deep down he must be thinking what this Belgian nutter is doing but has to support to stay on board. Now Murray were to step down altogether and then come out and say publically once he's gone like so many other Charlton have done by saying how bad he thought RD and KM are I think he would win the respect back of a good number of fans back again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't there some one on here a couple of week ago that said Murray was getting together his own group of investors?

It's worth noting Leicesters success this season as a big plus in any chance of there being some serious potential buyers. I believe they were bought when in league one (or had just left league one) and now they're going to win the prem, and be in the champions league next season. To an investor it shows a tried and tested version of the potential of buying an English football league club. Especially the size of Charlton.
  • Options

He never would have supported Varney approach, as he knows that's goodbye to his position on Board.
    He is probably looking for his own buyer,has done that every time the club is in trouble,so he can stay involved and let others spend their cash.
    He has fully supported Roland publicly and advised Katrien constantly.
    The Emperor has no clothes,for those that can see,have worked with him,watched him closely ,it is all about keeping on the Board,his money is secondary, he is not one of us.

100% this.
  • Options

Wasn't there some one on here a couple of week ago that said Murray was getting together his own group of investors?

This is what I think is the crux - it's can be the only explanation why he's still on the inside.

• Options

He never would have supported Varney approach, as he knows that's goodbye to his position on Board.
    He is probably looking for his own buyer,has done that every time the club is in trouble,so he can stay involved and let others spend their cash.
    The Emperor has no clothes,for those that can see,have worked with him,watched him closely ,it is all about keeping on the Board,his money is secondary, he is not one of us.

no, and as somebody who has written a lot of cheques to keep us afloat and overseen the transformation in our ground and expectations, he probably does have a slightly different perspective - for those reasons alone I'm happy to cut him some slack
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

no, and as somebody who has written a lot of cheques to keep us afloat and overseen the transformation in our ground and expectations, he probably does have a slightly different perspective - for those reasons alone I'm happy to cut him some slack
    He had to write the cheques to keep us afloat BECAUSE of his many ridiculous decisions once Curbishley left.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

DOUCHER said:

He had to write the cheques to keep us afloat BECAUSE of his many ridiculous decisions once Curbishley left.
    not entirely disagreeing and its clear that curbishley was the main reason for our success and varney was obviously good at what he did too - no doubt but the guy has put his money where his mouth is hasn't he and that is a slightly different situation to most of the rest of us are in - ideal for me would be to recreate the rm / varney /curbs days with some funder who doesn't want to get too involved -just stump up the cash - but it seems that is unlikely as we r told rm and varney have fallen out? That's a shame but to drive the bloke out because he is no longer of any use doesn't seem right either but what do I know??
  • Options
    But in comparative terms I have put in a lot of money. VIP scheme, shareholder, season tickets over many years etc.Richard Murray has put in a lot of time and money over the years. But I am afraid he has tarnished that with his lies and his support of a failed regime.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

But in comparative terms I have put in a lot of money. VIP scheme, shareholder, season tickets over many years etc.Richard Murray has put in a lot of time and money over the years. But I am afraid he has tarnished that with his lies and his support of a failed regime.

Precisely, so his situation is not different to many of us ... it's just that he had more money available to invest. Comparatively, the percentages of investment to income may not be that different.
  • Options
    Lots of people put lots of money in ,we had £34 million of Equity Invested and £21mn of Directors loans all but £7mn written off before Slater and Jimenez turned up.
    Murray was about £20mn of that some say, so £35mn lost my Ex Directors and Fans, don't see too many of them supporting RD.
    You can't live in the past forever,his better days were over 10 years ago.
    Stuck by Slater,stuck by these clowns,tough to cut the slack you talk about.
  • Options
    edited March 2016