Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray Time To Speak

124»

Comments

• Options
    Mackle said:

DOUCHER said:

He never would have supported Varney approach, as he knows that's goodbye to his position on Board.
    He is probably looking for his own buyer,has done that every time the club is in trouble,so he can stay involved and let others spend their cash.
    He has fully supported Roland publicly and advised Katrien constantly.
    The Emperor has no clothes,for those that can see,have worked with him,watched him closely ,it is all about keeping on the Board,his money is secondary, he is not one of us.

no, and as somebody who has written a lot of cheques to keep us afloat and overseen the transformation in our ground and expectations, he probably does have a slightly different perspective - for those reasons alone I'm happy to cut him some slack
    But if he has encouraged the owner/CEO to not even look at the Varney proposal, there is a degree of nose cutting off to spite the face?

The best interests of Charlton should the responsibility of it's custodians.
    If if if - what about if rm has since tried to speak with varney but has been blanked? Wouldn't the reverse b true?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Mackle said:

DOUCHER said:

He never would have supported Varney approach, as he knows that's goodbye to his position on Board.
    He is probably looking for his own buyer,has done that every time the club is in trouble,so he can stay involved and let others spend their cash.
    The Emperor has no clothes,for those that can see,have worked with him,watched him closely ,it is all about keeping on the Board,his money is secondary, he is not one of us.

no, and as somebody who has written a lot of cheques to keep us afloat and overseen the transformation in our ground and expectations, he probably does have a slightly different perspective - for those reasons alone I'm happy to cut him some slack
    But if he has encouraged the owner/CEO to not even look at the Varney proposal, there is a degree of nose cutting off to spite the face?

If if if - what about if rm has since tried to speak with varney but has been blanked? Wouldn't the reverse b true?
    As Varney started CCing Murray in to his mails that would indeed be quite peculiar.

But any case, the decision to sell the club would be the owners alone, it's not Murray's decision to make.
  • Options
    Mackle said:

DOUCHER said:

Mackle said:

DOUCHER said:

As Varney started CCing Murray in to his mails that would indeed be quite peculiar.

But any case, the decision to sell the club would be the owners alone, it's not Murray's decision to make.
    Varney only CC'd in Murray after RD had CC'd in Murray first as if to expect Murray to arrange a meeting with Varney. Big big difference.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

I suspect that now relegation is assured Roland will appoint a British number two to Riga. Identify some British players from league one and have one season run at getting back up to the championship. Tough to do and unlikely. I don't see a carbon copy of the last two years of foreign imports either working or happening.

Don't see the foreign manager/imports/loans plan working any better in League 1 than it has this season, but that's no reason to think the supremely arrogant/stubborn RD will change anything. He believes it works and is unlikely to change course.
    Imagine what standard of player will be prepared to move abroad and play in division 3, ouch.
  • Options
    I have never met Richard Murray but I have been dismayed by his apparent support for the regime. I do not understand why he would be anti Charlton so I have given him a huge benefit of the doubt. Personally I think that it is better that he is still around and performs a function rather like the Liberals did with the Tories in the last government, which is to soften their baser instincts.
    I believe that his last significant interview/statement was early January just before KF was sacked. I would suggest that the reason he has not said anything since regarding the regime, is the aftermath of the meeting following the Colchester game when KM and RM agreed that KF would carry on, on the basis that he could have the players that he wanted with Yann on the top of the list. However the next day Roland said (I have to say allegedly) that KF would be sacked if we lost at Huddersfield (thus avoiding having to lose face with Yann returning and probably spending more money than he wanted to)..... So I expect he knew then that there was no point 'interfering' again and he has kept silent ever since.
    Like many others I do not know why he has snubbed Peter Varney and maybe he has his own agenda regarding ownership, who knows?
    I think (hope) that he is just keeping his powder dry until he is ready to do so and that he has a good reason for doing so. Time though is running out for him to salvage his regime tarnished reputation.
  • Options

I have never met Richard Murray but I have been dismayed by his apparent support for the regime. I do not understand why he would be anti Charlton so I have given him a huge benefit of the doubt. Personally I think that it is better that he is still around and performs a function rather like the Liberals did with the Tories in the last government, which is to soften their baser instincts.
    I believe that his last significant interview/statement was early January just before KF was sacked. I would suggest that the reason he has not said anything since regarding the regime, is the aftermath of the meeting following the Colchester game when KM and RM agreed that KF would carry on, on the basis that he could have the players that he wanted with Yann on the top of the list. However the next day Roland said (I have to say allegedly) that KF would be sacked if we lost at Huddersfield (thus avoiding having to lose face with Yann returning and probably spending more money than he wanted to)..... So I expect he knew then that there was no point 'interfering' again and he has kept silent ever since.
    Like many others I do not know why he has snubbed Peter Varney and maybe he has his own agenda regarding ownership, who knows?
    I think (hope) that he is just keeping his powder dry until he is ready to do so and that he has a good reason for doing so. Time though is running out for him to salvage his regime tarnished reputation.

Far too late in the day now.
    He's done a Nero..fiddled while Charlton burned.
    I've lost all respect for him.
  • Options

Far too late in the day now.
    He's done a Nero..fiddled while Charlton burned.
    I've lost all respect for him.
    Too late now, he could resign in a blaze of 'Anti-Duchatalet' fury - but as a director ('non-executive'?) he's accountable/responsible. I doubt he could have been behind much of the "how about we get a 3rd division Belgian manager in?" etc. but he's standing by it all.

As a result we're going to be playing in League 1 next season and our prospects of getting out of that league don't look half as good as last time.

By being there in a position of responsibility, he's as good as 'green-lighed' all of the decisions that have led to so many die hard fans falling out of love with the club and our current predicament.

Sod him, damage is done.
  • Options
    Exactly and he is Chairman of the company, who in any company should be their face, not just a non executive director,if after Colchester as you say there was no point interfering again,why not resign in protest? He will never resign as once outside he knows he can never get back in and be Chairman again.
  • Options
    When dushatelet bought the club, didn't Murray say he would have "the relationship with the fans, which is what he enjoys"? Not really been that much evidence of that has there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    drewman said:

When dushatelet bought the club, didn't Murray say he would have "the relationship with the fans, which is what he enjoys"? Not really been that much evidence of that has there.

Most of the fans seem to be against him, there is no relationship. I wonder what his role is now.
  • Options

drewman said:

Most of the fans seem to be against him, there is no relationship. I wonder what his role is now.
    Cleaning the pitch up?
  • Options
    WALK NOT TALK.

I'm done with him.