Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Lucky lucky lady there, I personally had Adams by a couple of rounds but that was poor
  • Options
    I had Selina’s by two 

Sharp gets hit far far to easily for me as he goes up in class this will be his down fall he has to get better defensively 
  • Options
    Far far far to easy to hit he stands too tall he stays in to long with his feet Sq 

i really  hope he can shake that out of his game or h will sell tickets and be in exciting fights 

but will lose more than he wins imo 

• Options
    Let’s see how long Gerhaty can keep the pace up 
  • Options
    Wow there’s the KO from sharp cracking punch by sharp that will get him out of trouble if he can find punches like that 

• Options

Looking forward to the Royal Albert Hall card next weekend, another big Dubois KO no doubt. I think this will be an entertaining fight. Tetteh will come at him just like that Lartey fella did, these are the type of fights Dubois needs right now.

Special mention for Archie Sharp who's also on the bill, he's a local lad from Welling and someone I know quite well. defending his WBO European against a tough opponent in Declan Geraghty. He's only lost to world title contenders in Tennyson and Jon O'Carroll, so it's a good test for Archie.

Totally agree ref Dubois but i am in the Bruno camp id put him in tomorrow with higher opposition maybe not tyson and AJ level but the boy is ready and able

I think Sharp will divide opinion and this may be unpopular view  but i aint sold on him, i think he has something but i am not as convinced as some, he is easily hit, his footwork for me is poor and his defence very easily negated, 

If he comes through DG then maybe your right its a good test and a hard opponent has been over come,

but personsally i see DG as on the way down the list and not up it , a tough enough kid tidy enough technique but would have no way had the backing Sharp has had and therefore would not have had the opportunity of a real dedicated camp where he didnt have to work.

i expect Sharp to win quite easily within 8 and really needs to put on a performance to win me over 

He wins in’s with a cracking shot but nothing has changed my mind he needs to do so much more defensively he is very very easy to hit , he stays in too long his feet are Sq when he stays in, against big punchers in this division then Sharp has to improve 
  • Options
    I like him 

I agree he looks hard to miss but he's also trying to win these fights and impress. He can take a shot so maybe it's a case of over confidence in his own whiskers 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I like him 

I agree he looks hard to miss but he's also trying to win these fights and impress. He can take a shot so maybe it's a case of over confidence in his own whiskers 

Needs to sort feet and his defense mate stepping up with the names he mentions if he don’t fix that it’s night night Vienna 
  • Options
    Let’s go DDD
  • Options
    Boooooooom 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All over 
  • Options
    Sensible stoppage 
  • Options
    He's a vicious bastard is Dubois
  • Options
    Like the way he mixes his shots up.
  • Options
    His Jab is beautiful only 7 amateur fights I am sure they said tonight and 13 pro fights 

his jab is absolutely beautiful my favorite heavy weight was Lennox and his was like a Wizzards wand if Dubois Jab is that smooth now in ten more fights he will be breaking the souls and hearts with b4 KO in all in front of him
  • Options
    Even when he gets his opponents going with head shots, he seems to have a natural tendency to throw in a body shot.

Watching the replay, Tetteh didn’t have a clue where the punches were coming from or what to do.
  • Options
    That interview with Joyce was almost as painful as the Dubois jab. 
  • Options
    Sharpe is useless. The knockdown was probably his first punch to connect. A switch-hitter will pulverise him.
  • Options
    Sharpe is useless. The knockdown was probably his first punch to connect. A switch-hitter will pulverise him.

I wouldn’t be that harsh, he has something about him and I honestly think if he can sort his feet and his defense out (we are only taking very fine details ( then he could balance off with skills and defense ,

the KO was timed to perfection DG coming in to throw his own and Sharp countering was an excellent shot, it shows that power that I didn’t think he had is there.

I like his confidence, he fights with confidence which is great to watch and he will sell tickets but if he does not sort out the defense which right now has more holes in it than a fisherman’s net he will get caught and caught by big punchers 

if you put him in with Sam Bowen on that performance then I’d back Sam inside 6 
  • Options
    Not a good fight for Archie, as I said before it was stylistically a bad matchup for him. He’s used to guys walking forward and you could see that last night; he was almost like a deer caught in the headlights at times.

wont take it away, it was a cracking punch and he definitely was closing the distance in that 4th round which helped him land more, but all in all he was rather lucky to get that punch, as we all don’t know what would’ve happened had it gone the full 10, but he was certainly 3 rounds down last night.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a good fight for Archie, as I said before it was stylistically a bad matchup for him. He’s used to guys walking forward and you could see that last night; he was almost like a deer caught in the headlights at times.

wont take it away, it was a cracking punch and he definitely was closing the distance in that 4th round which helped him land more, but all in all he was rather lucky to get that punch, as we all don’t know what would’ve happened had it gone the full 10, but he was certainly 3 rounds down last night.

Very fair analysis of him , the things he does badly and they are quite poor are fixable there’s two reasons boxers don’t change to over come their faults 

1 they believe wholeheartedly as do their team there is no need as the things the fighter does well negates that 

2 the small changes required take away a high enough % of what the fighter is very good at so they can not amend the style . 

Archie said it himself last night great fighters adapt and overcome 

i dont think that he did adapt but he certainly over came the issue with an absolute pearler, I do however think that DG has slowed and was slowing in the 4th although I had him ahead in that rd also and Archie was closing the distance and allowing him to be able to get his shots off 

I think the odds were correct I think the outcome would’ve been the same later down the line ,

when your only scheduled for 10 you can’t lose the first 3 so easily I’d have him back in the gym after a week off there’s a lot to do if he is calling out the likes of Bowen 
  • Options
    Doctor
    Archie is learning and improving all the time but wether he can step up to the next level is the big question. 
    I like your fairly unbiased opinion considering he is a mate.
    As for the person who describes Archie as useless, I wonder if he has ever had the gloves on. 
  • Options
    Doctor
    Archie is learning and improving all the time but wether he can step up to the next level is the big question. 
    As for the person who describes Archie as useless, I wonder if he has ever had the gloves on. 

Certainly not useless far from it 
  • Options
    Looks like Archie might have done enough calling out Bowen and the poor performance last night has made their team really fancy the fight 

sometimes be careful what you wish for

• Options
    Doctor
    I comment on a football forum, do I need to have played professionally to do so?

Please fill us in on your boxing career, that makes you a better judge than me. Or perhaps you can list the decent shots that Archie landed before the KO?
  • Options
    Doctor
    I comment on a football forum, do I need to have played professionally to do so?

Please fill us in on your boxing career, that makes you a better judge than me. Or perhaps you can list the decent shots that Archie landed before the KO?

You called a man useless who is unbeaten after 17 fights.
    Incidentally I did box many years ago

• Options
    If you never saw Spence Vs porter then go find it brilliant non stop action fight , without doubt a contender for fight of year 

• Options
    If you never saw Spence Vs porter then go find it brilliant non stop action fight , without doubt a contender for fight of year 

Saw the highlights this morning.. looked a great fight. Fair play to Porter for making it a much closer fight than I thought it would be.
  • Options
    Cracking fight, not sure how they kept up the intensity for 12 rounds... Mikey Garcia calling out Spence at the end... Just give the people what they want to see and fight Loma ffs. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Cracking fight, not sure how they kept up the intensity for 12 rounds... Mikey Garcia calling out Spence at the end... Just give the people what they want to see and fight Loma ffs. 
    Spence/Crawford - that's what we want.