Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Got to feel for Josh Warrington being avoided left right and centre ,  totally batters and stops a man in the 2nd rd who had never been stopped in over 30 fights 

gary Russel Jr is a pussy running away all the time 

• Options
    I'm going to try and find this... Think the only time I've seen him was against Selby but he was very impressive
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Patrick Day, who was on the Usyk undercard last night... has undergone brain surgery after a brutal knockout last night. His head hit the canvas so hard, you could tell it was a bad one. Hope he pulls through ok. 

On another note, I appreciate it’s late notice and there probably wasn’t much else to go by, but what a shit opponent for Usyk’s heavyweight debut. I don’t think that fight has given us any clue how he will get on in this division, Witherspoon offered nothing apart from a few moments in the early stages. 
  • Options
    Patrick Day, who was on the Usyk undercard last night... has undergone brain surgery after a brutal knockout last night. His head hit the canvas so hard, you could tell it was a bad one. Hope he pulls through ok. 

On another note, I appreciate it’s late notice and there probably wasn’t much else to go by, but what a shit opponent for Usyk’s heavyweight debut. I don’t think that fight has given us any clue how he will get on in this division, Witherspoon offered nothing apart from a few moments in the early stages. 

Its a shambles that the USA do not have oxygen administered to all boxers who get KO and yet again another boxer suffers through their reluctance to listen and be told what we all know , the sooner oxygen is administered the less likelyhood of lasting damage 

i watched the UFC after the warrington fight and there was the worst ref and the scummiest cornering I have ever seen the ref was a coward and the corner which included his dad were taking about god believes you can win have faith in Jesus wankas 

15 secs before the fight was over a brutal KO ensued and a man who had been beaten and beaten for two rds ended up face first 

the ref should be fired and the corner have its license removed 
  • Options
    Joseph Parker is over his spider bite - according to Higgins - and is back in training, wants to fight in 2019.  A spider bite attacks the immune system apparently, completely drains energy.
  • Options

Apparently died earlier today. 

RIP
  • Options
    So sad. 27 is no age.
    RIP and thoughts to his family and friends

thoughts also to Charles Conwell, his opponent that night, who will likely be really struggling to come to terms with what’s happened.
  • Options
    Man, that’s so sad.

RIP Patrick Day
  • Options

RIP Patrick Day, dead at 27.

Sadly the 3rd boxer to die in the past 4 months from injuries sustained in a fight.

• Options
    The USA boxing authorities and Eddie Hearn should be bought to task for the death of Patrick day 

they learn nothing the fucking Americans from no one and Eddie should have more balls and insist on oxygen at the event 

a wasted life of a fine young man and boxer 

RIP Patrick Day 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Illinois are actually one of the few commissions in the US that do have oxygen ringside. But why it’s not mandatory world wide is mind blowing
  • Options
    Good card tonight 

I have it on good authority that Scott fitz is looking mint and hitting hard , I have taken Fitzy by stoppage 6-9 

watched an amazing sparing session today 

jimmy joe flint 
    maxi Hughes 
    lee Appleyard 

total concentration and intense boxing really let them go the boys today 

@LewSmith94 i reckon I might’ve been wrong about maxi Papa Sean has taken over the coaching and he is fighting differently and looking very very good 

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Cheeseman will go the distance in my opinion.
    Quite a few of the lads from the Woodman gone up for this tonight.
  • Options
    Cheeseman will go the distance in my opinion.
    Quite a few of the lads from the Woodman gone up for this tonight.
    If he fights like he normally does using his face to block the shots I fear for him as I don’t believe he has been hit by someone who hits as hard as Scotty 

• Options
    Deserved that Fitzgerald glad to see proper scoring 
  • Options
    Get In I had him by 2 on my Twitter scored each rd I had scot down 5-2 at one stage 
  • Options
    Really like Scott fitz he is a good man and his honesty in that interview speaks volumes 
  • Options
    I fancy Robbie Davies Junior in this one. Ritson can be hit and hurt 
  • Options
    That was my double mate Robbie and Scott 

it’s a big ask but if Robbie comes out smart and boxes he wins imo 
  • Options
    Oh if it goes the distance Ritson wins it sounds like he sold every single ticket in the building 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what an opener 

• Options
    Cracking start this one
  • Options
    What a start this is great fight 
  • Options
    One fight in his career Ritson will get sparked out while his hands are adjusting his shorts at the break
  • Options
    Got Robbie up by 1 
  • Options
    Got Robbie up by 1 
    That’s optimistic for me, D.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Got Robbie up by 1 
    That’s optimistic for me, D.

I think Davies Jnr will have to knock Ritson out for the draw in Newcastl. I would say its level, neither man has dominated you could split a lot of the rounds but Davies Jnr has well and truly shown up tonight 
  • Options
    Last two rounds to Robbie - I’ve now got it level.
  • Options
    I still have Robbie 1 up 
  • Options
    I make that a draw