Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    93Addick said:

Oleksandr Usyk's first bout in the heavyweight division is in jeopardy after Saturday's opponent Tyrone Spong returned an adverse doping test, says promoter Eddie Hearn.

"We have reserve opponents standing by," tweeted Hearn.

"We have been contacted by Vada to inform us that there has been an adverse finding in Tyrone Spong's test. It has been sent to the State of Illinois commission."

Hearn said there will be an update on Tuesday

Perfect chance to throw him in with Chisora on the Taylor bill. Not that they will 

Chisora v Usyk is the fight to make

Why on earth would Usyk want to fight Del Boy as his first heavyweight opponent?
  • Options
    It’s either woods or Walsh who wins the golden contract 

GGG lost that fight imo and I am a GGG fan boy I had him 2 down and he grew proper old in there , Eddie saying GGG wasn’t well all week is an excuse we all saw someone who can now be hit easily and can not turn his opponent like he used to 

the great man is no longer and it’s time to walk away ☹️

I would agree - he's got nothing left to prove after a stellar career and time to bow out gracefully. But how many boxers do that?

I'm not sure where he goes anyway - nobody really wants to see another Canelo fight and Danny Boy would beat him (again!!) if they met.

• Options

Oleksandr Usyk's first bout in the heavyweight division is in jeopardy after Saturday's opponent Tyrone Spong returned an adverse doping test, says promoter Eddie Hearn.

"We have been contacted by Vada to inform us that there has been an adverse finding in Tyrone Spong's test. It has been sent to the State of Illinois commission."

Hearn said there will be an update on Tuesday.

Why didn't Hearn keep it quiet and just let Spong fight anyway?

That's what happened with Whyte/Rivas after 'adverse findings'
    Hypocrisy 
  • Options

Damn, Usyk really is cursed at Heavyweight isn't he... maybe it's a sign from the boxing gods not to step up.

I do worry for him at heavyweight though, I think he'd get ironed out by some of the bigger guys in the division.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Croydon said:
    93Addick said:

Perfect chance to throw him in with Chisora on the Taylor bill. Not that they will 

Why on earth would Usyk want to fight Del Boy as his first heavyweight opponent?
    Just insanity to put him in with Del Boy , I don’t doubt that Usyk In four or  five fights would send Del Boy into the canvas but not in the debut of the weight madness indeed 

your right they never bail out at the right time and in the right way but he really should GGG has nothing to prove and now can not beat Canello 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Croydon said:
    93Addick said:

That wasn't for Usyk's benefit, that was from a viewing only standpoint.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    bobmunro said:
    Croydon said:
    93Addick said:

That wasn't for Usyk's benefit, that was from a viewing only standpoint.

I understand that - but it would never happen (not yet anyway).
  • Options

David Price will now step up and face Chisora, after Parker pulled out due to 'spider bite'.

Only the other week Eddie was saying that he was going to give Price some (easier) fights after Dave Allen, let him find his feet again and push on.... next week he throws him in with Chisora lol I think we could see a Price retirement speech after this fight.

• Options
    Price Chisora... Now that I'd watch. Probably through my fingers.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Price Chisora... Now that I'd watch. Probably through my fingers.
    good replacement to be fair, imo price will get flattened
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2019

Slightly off topic, any of you lot watch Tyan Booth?

Somewhat controversial, however I can't help but laugh at some of the things he says. I really dislike O'Hara Davies, so I find it incredibly entertaining whenever he gets mentioned lol

• Options

Slightly off topic, any of you lot watch Tyan Booth?

Somewhat controversial, however I can't help but laugh at some of the things he says. I really dislike O'Hara Davies, so I find it incredibly entertaining whenever he gets mentioned lol

Unfortunately not as I had to pop to Spain. His T-Shirts are hilarious, albeit controversial. 
  • Options
    So Usyk has gone from Takam, to Spong, to Chazz Witherspoon lol damn, he deserve's better... shame for him.
  • Options
    Tyson Fury is doing WWE, blokes in their 50's are making comebacks & youtubers are headlining PPV's

What a time to be a boxing fan! 
  • Options
    Tyson Fury is doing WWE, blokes in their 50's are making comebacks & youtubers are headlining PPV's

BJS booked against a joke opponent on the undercard of that youtube circus. The whole thing is rotten.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

BJS booked against a joke opponent on the undercard of that youtube circus. The whole thing is rotten.
    His opponent is 28, never fought outside of Argentina and in his last fight he was taken the distance by a guy whose record is 7-5-5.
  • Options

It is just a matchroom intro fight, he'll have the big fights next year no doubt.

Eddie probably has BJS on a few fight deal, he's not gonna throw him in a monster fight straight away and risk him losing with more fights left on his contract.

• Options
    Errol Spence Jr seriously injured in a car crash.  Doesn't sound good 
  • Options

Just heard - the car looks a mess.

Thoughts for a full and speedy recovery.

• Options
    I've nearly fully completed my transition into preferring MMA now, so much of boxing is so laughable now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reports the car flipped a number of times while going at high speed and driver not wearing a seatbelt.
    fingers crossed for a full recovery.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    How can you drive a car like that, with that much power and not wear a seatbelt. Or wear a seatbelt at all times for that matter, regardless of the car.

Wishing him him a speedy recovery of course but damn, that’s pretty stupid. 
  • Options
    Get well soon champ
  • Options
    When you see that video it’s unreal he wasn’t killed , 
  • Options
    Escaped with no broken bones. Remarkable really 
  • Options
    Looking at that video it looks as though he gets thrown out of the car window, so that's helped in a way as he's avoided spinning and crashing further inside the mangled car.
  • Options

Not much difference between the diplomats wife and Mr Spence other than Spence was lucky not to have killed someone....including himself.

Idiot.

• Options
    Not a great deal of sympathy for someone driving like that, i'm just glad he didn't hurt anyone else
  • Options
    Oh dear Tyson....