Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• 6 rounds in and the gulf of class fairly evident between Canelo and Smith. Not sure what Smith's game plan is, but he's simply being stalked around the ring. 

Smith hasn't used his height, or jab, at all. 
  • No idea what Smith's game plan is here but he's really not using his size and reach advantage at all.
  • edited December 2020
    Difference between a taught fighter and a natural fighter. One's robotic and the other is fluent.
  • edited December 2020
    Difference between a taught fighter and a natural fighter. One's robotic and the other is fluent.
    Smith so one dimensional and stiff. Canelo really starting to turn it on now, vicious body shots landing. 
  • Don't rate a fighter trying to hold, just to say they've gone 12 rounds. 
  • What next for Canelo?

BJS? Plant? Charlo? Or a third fight with GGG?
  • Tyson Fury singing on Jonathan Ross Show last night was embarrassing.  Ms AA hasn't a clue who Fury is but quite quickly said he should stick to the day job.
  • edited December 2020

This in spades.
    Smith is 'boxing by numbers' - a manufactured boxer. Canelo a 100% natural fighter - he out jabbed a jabber, his body shots and uppercuts always thrown with venom, his defence impeccable, and a chin of granite. The complete package and amongst the very best I've seen in my lifetime.
    He's a natural middleweight though for me and a third fight with GGG is the big money match. Golovkin looked very good on Friday and the fight would obviously sell. Would also love to see him up against BJS who I rate very highly - but on tonight's showing you couldn't oppose Canelo.
    Boxing - the greatest individual sport on the planet.
  • Impressed my DAZN, rolled over in bed, watched the fight this morning with no spoilers on the app. Got to watch 12 rounds of one way traffic
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah I had a small wager on a points win for Canelo, thought it was the obvious result. Smith is decent but Canelo made him look very poor. No shame in that, although I'd like to have seen some more tactics from him. Don't disagree with the view that his only intention was to last 12 rounds. Don't think he could have beaten Canelo regardless, but gave himself no chance except to finish the fight. 
  • Haven't looked forward to a scrap this much in a while.

First real test for Garcia, I think he gets stopped late but wouldn't be surprised to see boxings potential new poster boy get a dodgy decision. Garcia has already said he wants pacqiao and Tank as his next 2 fights.... If he does pull this off I might start to believe the hype, as luke Campbell is no mug
  • Horrible cut on the eye of one of the fighters currently on Dazn.
  • This and the previous fight were really entertaining. Looking forward to Garcia Campbell. One of the commentators sounds like Kermit the frog.
  • McBobbin said:
    This and the previous fight were really entertaining. Looking forward to Garcia Campbell. One of the commentators sounds like Kermit the frog.
    Great couple of scraps... Good coverage from dazn aswell
  • Gutierrez might have stolen it with that knockdown
  • McBobbin said:
    Gutierrez might have stolen it with that knockdown
    No clue how to score that one
  • Can't argue with score... Good on him after losing his mum so close to the fight. Bring on the trilogy. 
  • How bad would he have felt if he didn't get the decision after knocking the other guy down 3 times..
  • Really looking forward to this one.

can’t see Campbell getting a win here, dazn heavily invested in garcia and imo Campbell will need to stop him to get a win. 

I do think Garcia looks good though, crazy speed. Solid amateur record too, but yet to be tested in the pro ranks. 

Garcia points for me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Might have to put bbc commentary on in the background... I can't hear the dazn pundits properly through the muffled sound of Ryan garcias penis being in their mouth
  • This buildup is pissing me off, I hope Campbell sparks him in round 1
  • This is embarrassing 
  • Just backed Campbell round 1 at 140/1...heart over head
  • I want Campbell to win, just to see the reaction. 
  • Hahahaha right on the button
  • If this goes past 6 I'll be surprised... Garcias footwork is awful
  • He has come back well to be fair but I still maintain his footwork looks awful and he will get tagged again
  • Garcia gonna get a controversial split decision victory 
  • This is a really good fight tbf