Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Panorama tonight.........👍🏼
    Interesting stuff. Bazza will be ducking and diving for sure over the next few months!
  • Options
    Interesting stuff. Bazza will be ducking and diving for sure over the next few months!

Probably not - his appearance is a bit like 'my solicitor has a letter to forward to the authorities in the event of my untimely death'.

Anyway, Kinahan's involvement in boxing over the years has probably been the world's worst kept secret!
  • Options
    Interesting stuff. Bazza will be ducking and diving for sure over the next few months.
    McGuigan has obviously got his own issues and an axe to grind, but I hadn’t previously heard that Frampton didn’t pay MTK anything - how curious.

As for the rest of the programme, think it shone a light on allegations that have been around a while.

Always amusing to see Hearn and Warren trying to distance themselves from it though.
  • Options
    Boxing is bent shock claims 

Nothing we didn't already know or at least strongly suspected 
  • Options

A BBC Panorama team has been threatened following a programme about a suspected crime boss's influence in world boxing.

Police in Northern Ireland have warned about an unspecified threat from unnamed criminal elements in relation to the programme, broadcast on Monday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55956375

• Options

Former world heavyweight champion Leon Spinks has died aged 67.

The American achieved a famous upset win over Muhammad Ali in 1978, in just his eighth professional fight.

He had suffered with health issues in his later years and was diagnosed with advanced stage prostate cancer in 2019.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/55961786

• Options
    Another disgusting decision in the Barrett fight 
  • Options
    118-111 🤢🤢🤢🤢
  • Options
    Hearn kicking off as if it's not on his own fucking card.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s not a sport tho is it, it’s a script like that. 118-111 is a piss take.
  • Options
    We complain about scorecards abroad, but that proves we're no better. 

To be fair to Hearn, he agreed the scorecards stank.  Sets up a guaranteed rematch though 
  • Options
    Id lile to take this moment to appreciate the female boxing presenter on sky sports.

Absolute top drawer totty
  • Options
    How on earth did they manage 118-111?
  • Options
    Sky don't miss any opportunity to talk about Leeds United do thwy
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Sky don't miss any opportunity to talk about Leeds United do they?

I was going to ask if anyone knew who Warrington supports?
  • Options
    Some proper windmills here. Warrington looks rusty.
  • Options
    Ref should have stopped that
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Ref should have stopped that
    Warrington badly hurt but credit to him, he’s showing a lot of heart and seems to have recovered somewhat.
  • Options
    Looks to have cleared his head and got his legs back toward the end of the 5th. He's landed flush on Lara and not even phased him, got no power behind his shots.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ref kept him in that. I like the look of this Lara. Heavy hands
  • Options
    Seen fights stopped for a lot, lot less. Quite enjoying Lara, seems to have some decent pop in his shots, not that the commentators are acknowledging that - it would interrupt the serenading about Leeds and attempts to find any possible explanation for the way the fight is unfolding that are not Lara is not the walkover they were expecting. 
  • Options
    Wow. What a shot
  • Options
    How are they comparing that to Whyte v Povetkin?? Warrington has been battered for round after round 
  • Options
    Lara fuck me, 22 he’s a unit 
  • Options
    Was typing out a post about how good the body shot/left hook combo has been for Lara, and then he absolutely floors Warrington with it. Beautiful, beautiful shot to finish it off. 
  • Options
    Lara very impressive. To be honest it was only someone reminding me earlier the Warrington fight was tonight as I'd meant to have a bet given that Warrington hasn't fought for a long time and didn't have his usual partizans backing him that he would lose. That fight should probably have been stopped the last few rounds Warrington was not right and walking onto some very heavy clean shots whilst his were just not affecting Lara at all. 

Hope Josh Warrington is OK that wasn't just a big KO he took a bit of a hiding in there tonight, had the stuffing knocked out of him then the body left combination was a mercy in the end.
  • Options
    Warrington still looks all over the place walking around backstage
  • Options
    Warrington looked like a shot fighter throughout that fight, never looked right at all. Big shock. Looked to me like his dad had the towel folded up in his hand in the 5th ready to be thrown in 
  • Options
    Shocking night for Hearn, his young prospect struggled and got a laughable scorecard, and his big ticket seller got destroyed in a massive upset in an empty stadium.