Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Bruno v Tyson - story of their rivalry Sky 1 10pm tonight.
    Just watched it. Really good viewing and analysis. Great piece when they meet up.
  • mendonca said:
    Is BJS really all that or just nearly all that? We'll find out. 
    Exactly! Great fight. Better than vs yildrim. 
  • Joseph Parker has split with Kevin Barry, his trainer for the last eight years.  It was an amicable arrangement with Kevin Barry having returned to his training camp in Los Angeles and Parker remaining in NZ with his wife and three young girls.  The decision was made after Parker’s lacklustre points win over Junior Fa.

There’s a suggestion that Parker may join Junior Fa’s camp which is also home to Israel Adesanya, UFC light heavyweight.

In the meantime arrangements are underway for Parker to meet Chisora in London in May.  Their previous fight was cancelled after Parker was bitten by a spider.
  • Just caught up with Estrada v.Chocolatito. absolute war with some iffy scoring. Well worth a watch
  • edited March 2021
    McBobbin said:
    Just caught up with Estrada v.Chocolatito. absolute war with some iffy scoring. Well worth a watch

Very good fight.
    117-111 to Estrada was a joke the other two 115-113 either way was not off the mark. Any of three results would have been fair - very close either way or a draw.
    Very close fight and I scored it 116-115 To Chocolatito with three of the rounds even (couldn't split them). Of course judges rarely give 10/10 rounds so even if all three I had even went to Estrada then a win for him 115-113 would have been fair.
  • Yeah that 117 was ridiculous, Chocolatito had the best of the early rounds. I actually scored it a draw for what it's worth
  • Okolie on next, looking forward to seeing what he can do. He's been talked up as the next cruiserweight champ but wasn't all that impressive last fight I saw
  • McBobbin said:
    Okolie on next, looking forward to seeing what he can do. He's been talked up as the next cruiserweight champ but wasn't all that impressive last fight I saw
    Wish this Cordina one had been a 6 rounder, wanna see Okolie but dying to go a bed!
  • Same. That just dragged on!
  • they look 2 different weight divisions
  • Sponsored links:

• Okolie is a big bunch of arms and legs
  • Serious size difference here, cut starting to form on Glowacki who really doesn't seem comfortable right now
  • He can't get going at all, okolie well ahead
  • gawd knows how that Pole got a world title shot after 2 years out
  • He got proper rinsed as well
  • Lovely shot to end it, but a painfully one sided fight. Still questions with Okolie for me, but much better than the last few.
  • Is it me or does okolie have those AJ traits.

Throwing straight rights  twisted but admiring the shot.
  • Opponent a patsy, I hate Okolies style but, but he looked better in his last fight and he would have done well not to look good against this guy a gun shy rusty grisled southpaw who has mixed in good company 

He seems like a really nice guy and made me laugh in the post fight I cant help it I dont like his style 

I know it was a free fight card but it was dull I'm having most fun watching Tony Bellews complex about his shirt buttons 

• I just can’t seem to warm to Okolie. Lovely story but he bores me and I wish he didn’t.
  • I think Okolie is improving fast, moving better and using his jab much more now. He used to fall in all the time which made for some horrible, ugly fights.

One thing is for sure he KO's any Cruiserweight he hits clean - incredible power
  • Sponsored links:

• https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/852626/watch-boxer-ko-opponent-back-turned/amp/

Bloody weird one this. Knocked out with his back turned but has to reflect poorly on the ref as well.
  • thenewbie said:
    https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/852626/watch-boxer-ko-opponent-back-turned/amp/

Bloody weird one this. Knocked out with his back turned but has to reflect poorly on the ref as well.
    My mate knows that ref, apparently he loves a controversial finish
  • Danny Hughes has been on fire throughout lockdown 

Think he's on the substantial milky teat of @nth_london_addick and his foray to being the next Al Haymon
  • Terrible refereeing, but I don't think Hughes covers himself in glory there... He was in control anyway, don't think it is a good look at all
  • I rate Fabio Wardley highley, but why on earth is he 1/16 to beat Eric Molina at the weekend? He will win and I know Molina is getting on, but that is ridiculously short
  • Anybody shelling out 20 notes for Povetkin v Whyte tomorrow?
  • Boom said:
    Anybody shelling out 20 notes for Povetkin v Whyte tomorrow?
    Yep
  • Pretty tempted. Last fight was good fun
  • bobmunro said:
    Boom said:
    Anybody shelling out 20 notes for Povetkin v Whyte tomorrow?
    Yep
    Your lot have got Whyte on v short odds
  • Have to say, I think it'll be Whyte all the way. But then I thought that about the first fight