Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    buckshee said:
    It's been done for one reason only, for Tyson to give his mate a big payday.
    Mind you if Tyson does get to fight Usyk next year Chisora being of a not dissimilar height and build, is not a bad warm up fightfor him.
    And boxes a completely different way! 

• Options
    Carter said:
    LenGlover said:
    buckshee said:
    Mind you if Tyson does get to fight Usyk next year Chisora being of a not dissimilar height and build, is not a bad warm up fightfor him.

That's a good point but, now AJ has fallen through, assuming he wants to fight Usyk next year there are not too many warm up options available for him really that I can think of.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Carter said:
    LenGlover said:
    buckshee said:

That's a good point but, now AJ has fallen through, assuming he wants to fight Usyk next year there are not too many warm up options available for him really that I can think of.
    Frank Warren said this at the press conference.

Usyk doesn't want to fight until 2023.
    Joshua they claim messed them about for a month (guess we'll never know the full story)
    Wilder only just fought.
    Ruiz has a mandatory eliminator.
    Whyte he just beat.
    Ortiz just lost.
    Joyce they said wasn't ready as he only just fought Parker (although Joyce claimed he would be ready)
    Parker just lost.
    Only leaves Chisora (according to them)
  • Options
    Just watched 'Undisputed', a BBC Scotland biopic of Ken Buchanan .. well worth a watch
  • Options
    Taylor v Catterall 2 supposedly signed for next year
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Taylor v Catterall 2 supposedly signed for next year
    On PPV as well, using the hype of the dodgy decision in the first fight to make more money out of it 
  • Options
    Anything about the joke decision last night? 

Shame Whyte will end up earning a big money fight because Hearn paid off some judges. 
  • Options
    Anything about the joke decision last night? 

Shame Whyte will end up earning a big money fight because Hearn paid off some judges. 
    Did you see it as that one-sided? Overall I thought it was a pretty even affair, the kind of bout that would have gone the other way on the judges scorecard if it'd been hosted in the US. If Whyte does end up fighting Joshua I think he's in for a right beating, albeit a handsomely paid one.
  • Options
    That fight would speak volumes about Joshua/Hearn.
  • Options
    Is the Chisora fight just a warm up for Fury before a showdown with Usyk next year?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the Chisora fight just a warm up for Fury before a showdown with Usyk next year?
    Yes
  • Options
    George Warren stating that Fury v Chisora has sold out 60k which is the max permitted capacity................yet on ticketmaster there are still tons of seats for sale.

Of course the big thing will be how many it does on PPV and I honestly can't see it doing that well at 27 quid.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    George Warren stating that Fury v Chisora has sold out 60k which is the max permitted capacity................yet on ticketmaster there are still tons of seats for sale.

Of course the big thing will be how many it does on PPV and I honestly can't see it doing that well at 27 quid.
    Quite easy to 'sell out' when you shift 1/3 of your tickets to legal touts. Ppv will be dog shite. I usually watch all TF fights, but itl be highlights on YouTube for me on Sunday morning
  • Options

I see the same ref the tickets. 

Its a joke fight and makes a mockery of boxing...I like Del Boy but he is just getting a pay day from his mate. Also another fight to pad Furys record. 
  • Options
    I'm so uninterested in this fight that I genuinely forgot it was this weekend 
    Same! Usually make weekend plans around fights but this one I won't even bother trying to watch
  • Options
    I'm so uninterested in this fight that I genuinely forgot it was this weekend 
    I'm still going to watch it out of interest, but only because a) the ring walk should be right after the Argentina game and b) it'll be free on my dodgy tv box, no chance i'm paying for it.
  • Options
    Daniel Dubois in big trouble.
  • Options
    Daniel Dubois in big trouble.
    Not any more......
  • Options
    Good atmosphere 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fury is barely even trying here. Beat Chisora up in the second round and has gone fairly easy on him since.

Part of me thinks he wants it to go into the later rounds or even the distance so he can justify it as a tough fight.
  • Options
    This fight is an absolute farce 
  • Options
    This is ridiculous. Fury is using Chisora as a punchbag. Should be stopped.
  • Options
    This is grim. Fury is a joke, but chisora is a screw loose.
  • Options
    Corner should've pulled him far earlier... del boy has the heart of a lion
  • Options
    Fury giving his mate a pay day whilst taking no risks and ticking over until he fights Usyk.
  • Options
    Ridiculous fight that i don't think anyone will have enjoyed.

Credit to Chisora for sticking in there but it should've been stopped sooner and Fury could've finished that at any point he wanted to. Fury doesn't have a mark on him and Chisora is battered. He basically turned up to be a punchbag for half an hour and got paid 3m quid.
  • Options
    Usyk and Fury now facing off. Embarassing from Fury......
  • Options
    Hahaha it’s like WWF. I fucking love Fury.
  • Options
    I'll do you gappy teeth!!