Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Is Conor Benn having a baby?
    Reckon Eddie Hearn will when he see's that news!
  • Options
    Matchroom say as it stands the fight will go ahead. That's a big call 
  • Options

Subject to his B sample coming back ok
  • Options

The promoters' statement said: "We have been made aware that a random anti-doping test for Conor Benn conducted by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association returned an adverse analytical finding for trace amounts of a fertility drug.

"Mr Benn has since passed a doping control test conducted by the UK Anti-Doping Agency, the anti-doping authority to which the British Board of Boxing Control has delegated its doping control testing for the bout. Mr Benn has passed all doping control tests conducted by UKAD.

"Both fighters have taken medical and legal advice, are aware of all relevant information, and wish to proceed with the bout this Saturday."

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Subject to his B sample coming back ok
    I really would not hold out much hope of this. B samples turning out to be negative are such a tiny percentage.
  • Options
    If their dads hadn't fought, nobody would have wanted this fight to happen
  • Options
    Fight shouldn't happen, but I've no doubt it will
  • Options
    Fight shouldn't happen, but I've no doubt it will
    Eddie shown his true colours, if it was someone fighting against one of his fighters this would have been off and he would be making their name mud. I think Jr will have too much for him, but I'm a bit surprised this is still going ahead tbh. If Eubank was to get badly hurt in this, Matchroom are done
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Such a shame, I really like benn, I hope this is honestly fixable
  • Options
    The only people who seem to think this fight should go ahead are the 2 promoters.  

Listening to the 2 of them trying to justify it is sickening 
  • Options
    Hearing it's off. What a farce this sport is
  • Options

The promoters' statement said: "We have been made aware that a random anti-doping test for Conor Benn conducted by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association returned an adverse analytical finding for trace amounts of a fertility drug.

"Mr Benn has since passed a doping control test conducted by the UK Anti-Doping Agency, the anti-doping authority to which the British Board of Boxing Control has delegated its doping control testing for the bout. Mr Benn has passed all doping control tests conducted by UKAD.

"Both fighters have taken medical and legal advice, are aware of all relevant information, and wish to proceed with the bout this Saturday."

Shows how much credibility the UKAD has doesn't it? None. 
  • Options
    Benn & Matchroom don't come out of this well at all
  • Options
    Hearn is an absolute slimeball he would sell his own mother to make a quick quid. 
  • Options
    Hearn is an absolute slimeball he would sell his own mother to make a quick quid. 
    Sold her a long time ago. You ever seen her at a press conference?? 
  • Options
    Feel for the fighters on the undercard, and for Eubank who's worked so hard to make weight 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is so mucky, I'm not a fan particularly of Eubank junior however he has been shat on here. 
  • Options
    Another ridiculous decision, this time in womens boxing 
  • Options
    I had Baumgardner (sp) winning that one.
  • Options
    It was a good fight, fairly close, but the wrong decision...
  • Options
    I had Baumgardner (sp) winning that one.
    Me too. Surprised by the uproar.
  • Options
    Was out and had it on my phone, but from what I watched Mayer won that comfortably. Looking forward to this one... hope Marshall knocks her out, shields is unbearable 
  • Options
    I thought it was close but didn’t think Mayer lost. Got some dough on Marshall and really hope she batters that twat Shields 
  • Options
    Just bloody fight! We are turning into America with all this pre show rubbish 
  • Options
    Fuck me, shields is fast
  • Options
    What a start