Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Marshall having a go but won’t last this
  • Options
    Got shields 3 up, savannah defending with her face
  • Options
    Marshall having a go but won’t last this
    Not sure she is hurting her tbh... Marshall fighting like dave allen and defending with her face. Looks like a comfortable shields pointer unfort. 
  • Options
    Savannahs round at last, she needs a knockout though... have it 5-1
  • Options
    6-3 Shields for me 
  • Options
    Shields by miles I’m afraid.
  • Options
    7-3 shields... Good scrap, but Shields was different gravy 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Was out and had it on my phone, but from what I watched Mayer won that comfortably. Looking forward to this one... hope Marshall knocks her out, shields is unbearable 
    Think the complete opposite, I can't stand Marshall! 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    7-3 shields... Good scrap, but Shields was different gravy 
    I thought 6-4 but even 8-2 wouldn’t have been harsh, Marshall was dominated from start to finish 
  • Options
    I thought last nights two main fights were really difficult fight to score, Meyer I thought was in control and landing slightly cleaner punches, Baumgartner was definitely in the fight but she seemed more hell for leather which isn't wrong just, I'm surprised it went the way it did even if it was only a point on the 2 cards scoring for Baumgartner. 

The Shields v Marshall fight, maybe the opposite. Marshall was game as they come all night but due to the speed of Shields wasn't going to get a chance to land a big shot, I think she did all she could do by trying to rough her up and was looking to land heavy shots all fight, Shields boxing very clever in the last 20 maybe 30 seconds of each round and I cant really argue with the scoring just as ever, I think it would help everyone interested and involved in boxing if judges explained what they are looking for or why they scored a fight the way they did 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else think that at this level of women's boxing the rounds should be 3 minutes? 2 minutes is nothing (although i accept to the fighters it probably seems like 4 minutes).
  • Options
    Jesus... just seen Caleb Plant's ko from last night. Got to be knockout of the year 

• Options
    There were two spectacular knock outs last night, Wilder absolutely starched Robert Helenius with a frankly astonishing punch 
  • Options
    Fury v Chisora III on 3/12….boring!
  • Options
    What a joke of a fight. In what way is that a competitive, worthwhile title fight? 

Fury looks like a knob in all of this...Charr isnt amazing but least he was game and really fancied it and most importantly, he hasn't already fought him! I like Chisora but this is a payday to him. 

Def wont be watching this. Watch the first 2 when they were both younger and hungrier. 
  • Options
    What is the point of that fight?
  • Options
    Absolutely ridiculous. If Fury hadn't set a pathetic deadline (which was at least a couple of weeks ago) he knew would never be met then i'm pretty confident contracts with AJ would have been signed by now.

I hope nobody goes and the PPV sales are low because that's what this deserves. 
  • Options
    It's just seriously dangerous for Chisora's health. Already got too many miles on the clock. Say what you want about AJ but his resume of opponents is far superior to that of Fury.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Hope this fight is in a half empty stadium and does shite on the PPVs.

Won't ever happen but wold be great if Delboy sparked him out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Croydon said:
    Hope this fight is in a half empty stadium and does shite on the PPVs.

Won't ever happen but wold be great if Delboy sparked him out.
    The cynic in me thinks that may be a possibility so that another three can be lined up……….Nah.just Tyson doing his old mate a favour.Aanyone who pays to watch this needs to give their heads a wobble.  
  • Options
    It's just seriously dangerous for Chisora's health. Already got too many miles on the clock. Say what you want about AJ but his resume of opponents is far superior to that of Fury.
    Fury has faught Wilder 3 times and he faught Klitchko several years before AJ caught up with him.
    I'd say Fury has faught far superior opponents than AJ.
  • Options
    A lots made of who has fought and beaten who in boxing and probably rightly so however the most relevant metric is your last fight. Fury knocked out a bang average Dillian Whyte and Joshua whilst being game had his ears boxed off, granted by one of the best fighters on the planet.

This fight is a waste of time, nobody gets anything from it apart from Chisora and he has already had two very one sided bites at Fury and come up miles short both times. When you talk resumes in boxing Chisora has a blinding one but is taking this fight purely so he can retire as much as he has improved as a fighter he shouldn't be in the conversation for a Fury fight, on pay per view, in a stadium 

• Options
    Carter said:
    ... nobody gets anything from it apart from...

Mr Daniel Levy.

Cha-ching $$$

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Carter said:
    ... nobody gets anything from it apart from...

Mr Daniel Levy.

Cha-ching $$$

Yeah and him, although that's the reason he built the stadium the way it is I thought to host stuff like this and its during this stupid world cup 

• Options
    There's no retractable roof on the stadium is there?
  • Options
    A fight nobody wants to see
  • Options
    It's been done for one reason only, for Tyson to give his mate a big payday.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    It's been done for one reason only, for Tyson to give his mate a big payday.
    Mind you if Tyson does get to fight Usyk next year Chisora being of a not dissimilar height and build, is not a bad warm up fightfor him.