Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Yes, if an honest offer it would be crazy to duck it. I think it is very likely Fury would win but it would be Joshua's best chance of a massive pay day and if he did win, he would get back to being box office. If he loses, which he probably would do, he has a lot of money. It makes sense for Fury as it would probably make more money than a fight with Usyk and would probably be easier. He can then decide if he wants another fight or to retire after that one.

Joshua should probably respond publically and say he is up for it if the details are genuine.
    He did, sort of.

Doesn't mean much, might just be who wants to accuse the other one of pulling out of negotiations etc later.
  • Options
    Brace yourself for a few months of this shit 

In other news the Savannah Marshall v Clarissa Shields fight has crept up on me, a man who whilst being familiar with the sight of some abhorrent violence women  can inflict upon one another was very sceptical about professional female boxing, and to be honest in the main I remain so barring a few exceptions. However. This fight is a genuine big fight. Savannah Marshall is ok technically but clearly supremely fit and looks like she punches like a man, Clarissa Shields is a real American golden child, brash, gobby and to be fair has totally backed up all her noise but I think might be a bit too cute for Marshall and could nick rounds whilst Marshall looks for a one shot equaliser all night. That said I know fuck all about womens boxing in any depth and just think whilst I'd like to see Savannah starch the loud mouth sherman tank I think it could be womens boxings version of Hatton b Mayweather
  • Options
    Carter said:

In other news the Savannah Marshall v Clarissa Shields fight has crept up on me, a man who whilst being familiar with the sight of some abhorrent violence women  can inflict upon one another was very sceptical about professional female boxing, and to be honest in the main I remain so barring a few exceptions. However. This fight is a genuine big fight. Savannah Marshall is ok technically but clearly supremely fit and looks like she punches like a man, Clarissa Shields is a real American golden child, brash, gobby and to be fair has totally backed up all her noise but I think might be a bit too cute for Marshall and could nick rounds whilst Marshall looks for a one shot equaliser all night. That said I know fuck all about womens boxing in any depth and just think whilst I'd like to see Savannah starch the loud mouth sherman tank I think it could be womens boxings version of Hatton b Mayweather
    I really don't like watching women's boxing in general,  but even I've got drawn in by this, it's a promotors dream. They both talk the talk and genuinely don't seem to like eachother. I reckon Marshall takes her out late
  • Options
    Both sides will blame each other and it probably won't get done.

You could argue that if Joshua wants 17 December then he could also easily be ready for 3 December, which would be FIFTEEN WEEKS after the Usyk fight, a fight in which it's not like he was battered and injured. Also as Fury rightly said, Joshua is pretty ripped all year round so it's not a case of someone like Hatton who ballooned in between fights.

On the flip side of that you could argue if Fury really wants to fight in December then moving from 3rd to 17th makes no real difference. His reasoning that he doesn't want to fight too late into December because he wants to fight Usyk in Feb or March is nonsense, because surely you make this fight first and worry about Usyk later. Usyk is injured, wants a break and would surely wait 2 more weeks or even until April.

So it's all a load of bollocks. Fury will fight a tomato can and Joshua will kiss goodbye to any chance of a title fight until at least 2024.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Carter said:

I really don't like watching women's boxing in general,  but even I've got drawn in by this, it's a promotors dream. They both talk the talk and genuinely don't seem to like eachother. I reckon Marshall takes her out late
    I assume the fight will now be postponed?
  • Options
    It does seem to me that Fury holds the aces though and Joshua is not in a position to argue. He either takes the opportunity like a fighter hungry to get back to the top or he doesn't. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Let's not forget that Joshua repeatedly ducked Fury when he was in pole position so (from his own perspective) reasonable for Fury to impose his own conditions on Joshua now he is in pole position.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Carter said:

I assume the fight will now be postponed?
    Hopefully not. Harder to just postpone boxing than other sports when you take into account the work fighters have done to diet down and train in camp etc. You can't simply push these back 2 weeks like you can do with other things
  • Options
    Seen some cracking women's fights. Probably because there are so few on main cards we only ge to see the 50/50 title fights. Katie Taylor has been in some almighty scraps. Marshall v Shields will be better than anything on any Hearn or Shalom undercard for many a year, and better than watching Frazer Clarke knock out someone picked randomly from the crowd 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love boxing but I can't watch Womens boxing.  Hypocritical maybe, but it just makes me feel uncomfortable watching it
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Marshall v Shields & the full card is OFF tomorrow night, provisionally rescheduled for October 15th at The O2 
  • Options
    Fury vs Joshua is on after all (apparently), set for the 3rd December. Can only see it ending one way but I suppose it's still going to be a massive money spinner for both.
  • Options
    Benn vs Eubank is off 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Benn vs Eubank is off 
    Personally I'm glad. 
    Expecting Eubank to lose so much weight was in my opinion dangerous. 
    The fact is they are not the same weight and will probably never fight. 
  • Options
    Not seen anything to say it's definitely off... Only seen Snr spouting his mouth in the press. Could quite easily be mind-games to try to get Benn to move the weight limit higher
  • Options
    If Benn and Eubank fight it is still in favour of Eubank, they have previous of mucking people about with fights and I think its only because of the Eubank name that junior keeps his name relevant. Connor Benn is exciting but miles away from a title or even a competitive fight against any of the champions in his weight division. 

• Options
    Wood v Lara off
  • Options
    It's still on... just Eubank Snr doing Eubank snr things. Reckon he was testing the water to see if they could potentially get it to 160
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Golovkin looking old in the trilogy fight.

6-0 Canelo at the halfway stage 
  • Options
    Easy win for Canelo all things considered. 

Hopefully GGG retires with a big bag of money now and doesn't keep on going. 
  • Options
    Any thoughts on the Joyce v Parker scrap this weekend?  If Parker wins there will be a re-match before the end of the year.  It was the only way the Joyce camp would agree to the fight.  Heard a confident Joe Parker on the radio this morning extolling the benefits of having Tyson Fury at his training camp.
  • Options
    Any thoughts on the Joyce v Parker scrap this weekend?  If Parker wins there will be a re-match before the end of the year.  It was the only way the Joyce camp would agree to the fight.  Heard a confident Joe Parker on the radio this morning extolling the benefits of having Tyson Fury at his training camp.
    Really like Parker. Feel a bit meh towards Joyce.

Joyce will be Joyce. He hasn't got phenomenal power but he will try to break Parker down with his constant punching. He really is a machine.

I think Parker will have too much skill for Joyce and might even knock him out, even with the granite chin of Joyce. If it goes the distance then it will be down to what the judges like. The skilful in and out of Parker or the persistence of Joyce. That is of course if the judging isn't rigged but then again it's boxing and of course it'll be rigged.
  • Options
    I think it's an even match up.  Criminal that it's on PPV though!!
  • Options
    Thanks Bolder.  Good insight for me as I didn’t know anything about Joe Joyce.
  • Options
    I also like Parker, but there always seems to be something missing between his pre-fight talk and confidence and the actual performance.

He made hard work of Chisora, but he is also a step up for Joyce so feels like it should be close.
  • Options
    Should be a decent fight, but no way worth paying extra for (I'll pretend i didn't pay for povetkin.v Whyte)
  • Options
    They call him Exposive Joseph Jurassic Parker
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Anybody got a stream for the Joyce fight? Crackstreams is showing btsport1 not bt box office