Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Joshua lost it completely there. Embarrassing. Slightly less so than the judge who gave AJ the fight by two rounds. WTF!!!
  • Options
    Clearly took a few too many blows to the head there as he completely lost the plot.
  • Options
    Joshua would have to knock Usyk out to beat him and whilst he hurt him at times, that never really looked on the cards.
  • Options
    UK judge gave it to Joshua. Scorecards often surprise me but how anyone gives that to AJ is beyond to belief
  • Options
    Joshua gets KO'd early by Wilder imo.
  • Options
    UK judge gave it to Joshua. Scorecards often surprise me but how anyone gives that to AJ is beyond to belief
    It was the American I thought. 

Disgraceful 
  • Options
     That was the US judge. English judge gave it to Usyk.
  • Options
    I literally switched off after the decision, seems like I missed the main entertainment!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please give us Usyk Fury... I think fury is way too big and too clever and it'd be a snoozefest with fury leaning all over him and making the weight count. Buuuuuut at the same time I've never seen another heavyweight with that footwork or headmovement. It'll either be an awful fight, or one that'll go down in history with the purists
  • Options
    Completely outslclassed. 

Shame Joshua didn't show as much aggression and fight in the ring during the 12 rounds as the afters as he may have been involved.

Think he's gone backwards and can't see where he goes from here.

• Options
    Fury would win comfortably, a good big un and all that.  Usyk is a class about Joshua, that's not true with Fury.
  • Options
    And Fury would have definitely stopped Joshua if they'd have fought in the last couple of years.
  • Options
    Penalty for swearing on Saudi Television = 50 licks in public. AJ already had that
  • Options
    Fury - Wilder showed you what Fury - Joshua would have looked like. 

Except Wilder has more power that Fury had to respect. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Not sure Fury v Usyk would be a great fight. Fury is too good a fighter for most heavyweights but Usyk is very quick and too good for slow heavyweights like Joshua. Joshua v Wilder would be a decent fight but what would it be for?

Another shot at a fighter neither can beat?
  • Options

AJ is a infinitely better boxer technically than Wilder, but if anything that would have played even more into Fury's hands. 
  • Options
    Should have accepted Fury's offer to train him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

AJ is a infinitely better boxer technically than Wilder, but if anything that would have played even more into Fury's hands. 
    You could tell in the first fight that Fury was terrified of the wild swinging right hands from Wilder. 

Against Joshua he just walks forward, picks him apart and knocks him out. 
  • Options
    Went the way I expected

Better from AJ but he just isn’t technically good enough and Usyk is an absolute masterclass

Would love to see Usyk v Fury
  • Options
    Fury’s instagram story 🤣
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Fury taken it down
  • Options
    Joshua showed his real self after. Will have lost a lot of neutrals.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Fury taken it down
    Still there 48 mins ago
  • Options
    Clearly took a few too many blows to the head there as he completely lost the plot.
    Presume he genuinely thought he might have won it (and not helped by his corner telling him he was winning all the early rounds when he hadn’t).

And may well be some concussion as well.
  • Options
    roid rage 
  • Options
    Do people seriously think Usyk won by 7/8 rounds? He didn’t turn up until later on. AJ is bang average and Usyk didn’t need to do much. The heavyweight division is dire, glad I didn’t pay £27 to watch that garbage