Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Jake needs a knockout at this point to win, unless the judges screw Fury. 
  • Options
    9/1 for the draw before the fight. Fury is 1/6 now but I’d hedge my bets on a stalemate
  • Options
    I've got Paul winning the third and Fury winning every other round
  • Options
    Fury wins even with that knockdown. 

Paul won 2 rounds + 1 for the knockdown. 

Fury won everything else. 

5-3 Fury. 
  • Options
    Hmmmmm the knockdown could cost him.  I reckon a draw..... 9/1.
  • Options
    Split decision? 🤣
  • Options
    American judge gave it to Paul 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably a more watchable fight than any of Fury's other 'pro' fights. Enjoyed it.
  • Options
    If Tommy Fury had any power he'd have knocked Jake out btw. 

Rematch I can see Fury taking a little bit of a dive for a trilogy. 
  • Options
    Well Fury is no boxer that’s for sure. 
  • Options
    Tbf fury in a no win situation. He got called out, got paid and won but still looks like a dosser. Hopefully everyone ignores Paul now.
  • Options
    Fury has zero power. Just wants to look showy, then has nothing after round 3.
  • Options
    If Tommy Fury had any power he'd have knocked Jake out btw. 

Rematch I can see Fury taking a little bit of a dive for a trilogy. 
    Will they have to agree new terms though?
    my understanding was if Paul won, there was no clause for a rematch but, if Fury won then there was. Could they agree the rematch on new terms that there’s a trilogy bout no matter who wins?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Literally outboxed him the entire fight but okay. 

Jake Paul looked like a white collar boxer. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Literally outboxed him the entire fight but okay. 

Jake Paul looked like a white collar boxer. 
    Exactly. Win the fight without taking chances. As I said, no win situation for him.
  • Options
    Tbf fury in a no win situation. He got called out, got paid and won but still looks like a dosser. Hopefully everyone ignores Paul now.
    I disagree. A decent boxer would have comfortably beat Paul. If Fury had come out and won with ease he’d receive some plaudits, however minor. He ended up getting knocked down and scraping a win. 
  • Options
    I disagree. A decent boxer would have comfortably beat Paul. If Fury had come out and won with ease he’d receive some plaudits, however minor. He ended up getting knocked down and scraping a win. 
    But I don’t think he’s ever been regarded as a decent boxer. He’s just a pro that got called out and took the bait. Considering his family as well, he was an easy marketing target for Paul.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Not gonna shit on Fury, he's young and has at times lost focus on his career. He's made a lot of money and got to punch Jake Paul in the face a number of times doing so. 

The knockdown was a down but Fury clearly wasn't hurt.

The danger with Paul was that he's a Berserker, he'll risk himself to put damage on others. He's either got a good chin or Fury has a weak hook.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not gonna shit on Fury, he's young and has at times lost focus on his career. He's made a lot of money and got to punch Jake Paul in the face a number of times doing so. 

The danger with Paul was that he's a Berserker, he'll risk himself to put damage on others. He's either got a good chin or Fury has a weak hook.
    Fury has no power. It's one of the reasons he's never fought above the level he has done. 

Paul getting beaten comfortably (ignore the split) by a pro Fury's level should put an end to the nonsense. Anyone actually decent would do him some serious harm.
  • Options
    But I don’t think he’s ever been regarded as a decent boxer. He’s just a pro that got called out and took the bait. Considering his family as well, he was an easy marketing target for Paul.
    Fair points. He’s just a trained professional boxer though, I expected more. Taking fury that close means Paul will no doubt come back. KSI v Fury wouldn’t surprised me either. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Fury has zero power and not sure he's got much of a career either. 
  • Options
    I genuinely didn't think it was THAT close at any stage.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Fury was a pretty clear level or two above Paul. 

Like a non-league team facing a League Two side. Neither are going to win the Champions League regardless of the result. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Fury was a pretty clear level or two above Paul. 

Like a non-league team facing a League Two side. Neither are going to win the Champions League regardless of the result. 
    Yes that's pretty much where I am. Fury is at least an actual boxer but he's not a very good one really. Paul losing to him shows he'd have no chance against an established name, but similarly Fury making a bit of a meal of winning shows his own limitations.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Paul was evens
    Fury 6 to 4
    draw 10 to 1 before the fight on betfair 

at the end draw went slight favourite at 9/4 

• Options
    Utterly shocked at how much interest there was in that match. Guess i'm getting old.