Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Club's tell me who met with Roland Duchatelet.. (People from Target20K and The Fans Forum)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

Woah.

This is just filtering through.

The club are now using crisis consultants are they?

They used a supply communications manager from the premier league whilst awaiting the arrival of Mel Baroni, I believe they have patched over other areas of staffing as well, but not 100% sure of that.

So.

Now.

Katrien and Tony have got together to try to think their way through things, and Googled around a bit, and then one of them says;

'That's it! Get on to a crisis consultant to sort it all out. I mean we could do it, but we're too busy shopping online for sofas and laundry baskets. What do you do with a leaking pipe? Get a plumber, what do you do about unique fans customers? Get a crisis consultant'!

Hang on Seth. Seriously? They're employing a crisis consultant?

Is this good news because they finally realise we're in crisis? Or is it because they hope to pay somebody to magic troubles away?

They are so fecking mad that they give ordinary decent madness a bad name.

I really am starting to believe I have dreamed this season, and when I wake up it will still be last year.

I think I've missed it, where is the evidence that they are using this RPS company?
  • Options
    Apparently the crisis consultancy contacted somebody in target 20k.
    Or am I getting this all wrong?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

That's what I'm lead to believe but I can't find out how we actually know that.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

seth plum said:

That's what I'm lead to believe but I can't find out how we actually know that.
    According to LuckyReds on pg3....

"I've looked up the name of the chap who emailed Target20K with an apology, according to LinkedIn he's a "Consumer, Corporate & Crisis Communications Consultant"..."
  • Options
    Target 20k would have more chance of reaching their goal by distancing themselves from the regime. Getting rid of them will be the single biggest catalyst in increasing crowds. There is no going back it has to be done. Target 20k are now endorsing this lot.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    To summarise - Lucky Reds asked a question which fans met Roland - the club responded Target20k were involved- Target 20k denied it and when Lucky challenged their answer, they apologised and agreed to apologise to Target 20k. That apology was made by somebody who was titled a crisis consultant in his e-mail! You couldn't make it up!
  • Options

To summarise - Lucky Reds asked a question which fans met Roland - the club responded Target20k were involved- they denied it and when Lucky challenged their answer, they apologised and agree dto apologise to Target 20k. That apology was made by somebody who was titled a crisis consultant in his e-mail! You couldn't make it up!

Right gotcha,
    Absolutely crazy. So this fans email (presume LuckyReds used this) is actually just what the crisis consultants have set up to try and make us happy?

• Options
    I sent target 20k the following on 24Feb. Not my best English but they would have got the point. Did I get the courtesy of a reply did I f***!

'Season ticket holder since 1975, but not from next season. The owners need to sell and get out now and make room for people who understand the culture of Charlton and The Football league. Until then what's the point in engagement. Mistake after mistake and a total contempt of the support base.
    CARD are doing an excellent and positive job in leading the protests with the important point is they are far more organised and competent, which is recognised nationally in the media, with the 'club' i.e. the supporters than the current regime that currently owns the company.
    Target 20k need to join CARD to find new and innovative ways of forcing the regime out of club before we can even think about the ground holding 20,000'.
  • Options
    This back track and cock up HAS to be put out there as another lie made by them club , this needs to get media attention!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sammy391 said:

This back track and cock up HAS to be put out there as another lie made by them club , this needs to get media attention!

Yes the story is media friendly - club lies - club apologies - through said apology reveals it is employing a crisis manager! Great press that.
  • Options

What is a "Partner of the club" anyway?

Bob Peeters, Karel Fraeye, Guy Luzon, Jose Riga... At different times have all declared a love for the club and yet continue to be loyal to the regime. Probably just filled the room with them and Sue Parkes.
  • Options
    Surely, and forgive me if I appear naive, or that I might misquote Fight Club, but is not the first rule of bringing in crisis consultants for your communications that you have not brought in crisis consultants for your communications - and certainly that you do not communicate this information to the group with which you are in conflict. If true, it's very poor that they are making themselves part of the story (there are bound to be trade publications, often online, that would love this).

If it is this RPS bunch, it seems they are more used to slightly hotter hotspots - though I do like that they do evacuation planning.

Perhaps, a bit like Coco5, we should get in contact with them...

• Options

seth plum said:

OK splitting hairs.
    They were people from the target 20k group, so could be club employees.
    They were also people from the fans forums, so could be club employees.
    This is what they mean by select.

Quite possible this is the case although they should really just be saying he met club employees rather than imply he met with the Target20k group which he hasn't.

I'll be in touch with The Supporters Relations Team and see what feedback comes from it.
    So not only are you considered plain wrong by the majority of addicks for sucking up to Daisy, but the club is now taking the piss out of your limp group too. How sad.
  • Options
    I remember at the first Olympic hearing in January that the BBC London reporter said she had communicated with a bloke called Philip Dorwood who had unexpectedly pitched up at Charlton.

Now I have been digging around, and it looks like he was holding the fort until Mel Baroni arrived, and stayed on to help ease her in. Managing the crisis back then I suppose.

Philip Dorwood is this bloke:

It looks as though Philip Dorwood is now back in the frame dealing with communications.

Now either Philip was told to say that Roland had met with target 20K, or he thought it up himself. My guess is he was told to say it, but then had to issue the 'wrong information' message.

None of this is very smooth for a man who was a big shot in PR at Tottenham and the Premier League, although I do accept he is being paid to defend the indefensible to coin a phrase.

Philip Dorwood got a 2.1 at Edinburgh University in politics and Modern History.

If Philip is merely the messenger, doing the bidding then fair enough he is a functionary earning a crust.
    If Philip is controlling the message then he has a lot to explain if ever asked.
  • Options

seth plum said:

I remember at the first Olympic hearing in January that the BBC London reporter said she had communicated with a bloke called Philip Dorwood who had unexpectedly pitched up at Charlton.

Now I have been digging around, and it looks like he was holding the fort until Mel Baroni arrived, and stayed on to help ease her in. Managing the crisis back then I suppose.

It looks as though Philip Dorwood is now back in the frame dealing with communications.

Now either Philip was told to say that Roland had met with target 20K, or he thought it up himself. My guess is he was told to say it, but then had to issue the 'wrong information' message.

None of this is very smooth for a man who was a big shot in PR at Tottenham and the Premier League, although I do accept he is being paid to defend the indefensible to coin a phrase.

Philip Dorwood got a 2.1 at Edinburgh University in politics and Modern History.

If Philip is merely the messenger, doing the bidding then fair enough he is a functionary earning a crust.
    If Philip is controlling the message then he has a lot to explain if ever asked.

I don't think Phil was responsible for the content of the original email, not sure who was though but I think he's just stepped in and helped issue the clarification response email.

On a seperate note I know a lot of people at the club have taken stick but having met Phil a few times now he really is an asset to the club.
    Glad that's all cleared up now, just a simple mistake then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nug said:

seth plum said:

I don't think Phil was responsible for the content of the original email, not sure who was though but I think he's just stepped in and helped issue the clarification response email.

On a seperate note I know a lot of people at the club have taken stick but having met Phil a few times now he really is an asset to the club.
    Glad that's all cleared up now, just a simple mistake then?
    As I said, I don't know who actually wrote that original email as it didn't have a name in the signature apart from The Supporters Relations Team.
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited March 2016
    LuckyReds said:

I sent an email to the club on March 24th, as detailed here. (Beware, I waffle on in the email - in a very similar manner as I often do on here...!)

Today I've managed to get an answer from the club:

Thank you for your email.

In regards to Mr Duchatelet meeting fans, he met when a select group in February and there was a full exchange of views of issues like recruitment, communication, supporter relations, finance and commitment to the club. They were select people from the target20K group and fans forums.

We are disappointed that you are currently unhappy with the current state at the club but we are all working very hard to upturn the fortunes of CAFC for the better.

Kind Regards
    The Supporters Relations Team
    If you read my original email you'll see they didn't answer my concern about the group not being a fair representation of the fan base at the moment, and thus the meeting being pointless. However, Target20K are now implicated when I thought they had denied any involvement?

I can find nothing on the emails I get from the Fans Forum group regarding any sort of invite to meet with Roland. Lies, and more lies I suspect. Tel
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I am neutral about the bloke. He is akin to a supply teacher.

Some of his ideas might have rubbed off - like forming press relationships and "selling different stories".

• Options
    As it appears that Target 20k are spineless and prepared to accept being libelled by the club, perhaps we can look forward to such announcements as "Visionary Roland Duchatelet states that he has proof the world is flat...Target 20k agree.'
  • Options
    Selling?

Hmmn interesting.

The fans email thing was/is his idea I believe.

Anyway, hi Philip, good morning. Could you emerge into the open now? Maybe you will know why Mel Baroni, who you were mentoring, why she resigned.

PR for Tottenham and the Premier League, yet you end up in the basket case backwater at Charlton Athletic.

Would be interesting to hear from you examples of where spin has triumphed over plain truth.

Charlton Athletic fans are endlessly resourceful Philip and can quickly see through any old guff fed to them.

You know all this stuff about how the club value the fans and want to build bridges? Well that is a fine sentiment, but Philip you know and I know that's all it will ever be, a fine sentiment with no follow up.

Anyway, here's a challenge.

Can you spin the police and club statement into a building bridges better tomorrow story? Moreover can you indicate any actual actions the club will take, because as recently as yesterday the club has been feeding fans lies the wrong information?
  • Options
    Ive emailed the FF group, so far one reply and he has no knowledge of a meeting or invite.