Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gardening Advice

1242526272830»

Comments

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Thanks to the advice and information gained from this thread our garden is transformed from the dogs playground/karzy to somewhere we both enjoy along with the dogs although it may have been different when five of them were chasing around kicking up stones, one thing that never been mentioned is the cash needed when your starting out. #Eyewatering 
    It’s still a dogs karzy, thanks Bowyer no class 😂s
    Looking good @T_C_E did you decide on what to do with the centrepiece yet btw or going to come back to that?

I've had a few bits and bobs from https://www.farmergracy.co.uk/ over the last couple of years. They are based in the Netherlands so it can take a week or two longer but good selection and often have some of the more unusual stuff and some good deals. 
  • Options
    @Bournemouth Addick 
    I plonked a large pot in the middle with some bamboo just to see what reaction it gets from the dogs.
    They don’t particularly take any notice of it which is a good thing, I thought about a heavy concrete three tier fountain looking planter. 
    I can only find cheap ones made of plastic which would get knocked over by the dogs or blown over by the wind off the coast.

• Options
    Living just off the clifftop myself I feel your pain with the wind (oh er missus). I've weighted some of my larger planters down with breeze blocks inside, which does help a bit. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    @Bournemouth Addick 
    I plonked a large pot in the middle with some bamboo just to see what reaction it gets from the dogs.
    They don’t particularly take any notice of it which is a good thing, I thought about a heavy concrete three tier fountain looking planter. 
    I can only find cheap ones made of plastic which would get knocked over by the dogs or blown over by the wind off the coast.

Have you looked at Whelans in Sheerness, they had some large concrete planters the last time we visited, admittedly it was some time ago.

https://whelansgardenornaments.com/about/
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    @Bournemouth Addick 

Have you looked at Whelans in Sheerness, they had some large concrete planters the last time we visited, admittedly it was some time ago.

https://whelansgardenornaments.com/about/
    Thank you, it’s on our places to visit list. 
    A 15 minute drive from home yet everytime we plan a visit something else crops up, no way I’m going near the place weekend or bank holidays 😂