Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Evans Conviction overturned (ed. signs for Chesterfield)

Comments

• Options
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

i would just like to point out that he is still a scummy cunt!

why?
    I guess the fact still remains that he cheated on his Girlfriend
    indeed he did, but that happens regularly throughout the country daily and both ways.It doesnt make it right but i wouldnt call him a scummy cunt for just doing that
    You should
  • Options
    edited October 2016

i would just like to point out that he is still a scummy cunt!

woah lets slow down!...

no need to use the word scummy mate
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Top striker at this level. Jessica Ennis whinging not wanting her club to employ a convicted rapist because it sends a disgusting message about what footballers can get away with, especially when it comes to violence against women has cost United a good striker convicted rapist

Fixed that for you
    Might wanna unfix this one
  • Options
    So will he be able to sue Sheffield United for cancelling his contract?
  • Options

So will he be able to sue Sheffield United for cancelling his contract?

Whoh there, lets not get carried away.....................they are coming good. :wink:
  • Options
    Unless you sat through the case it's hard to comment - rape cases are notoriously difficult to prove.
    Unsavoury case for all concerned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, I'd like to take this opportunity to retract (most of) my opinions towards Ched Evans. He's still a bit of a poo (cheated on his gf with a drunk yet still able to consent woman), but the courts have found he is not a rapist and fair enough.

It's a shame that this will undoubtedly continue to haunt his career, too.
  • Options

He's an innocent man.

A court hasn't been able to prove his guilt - doesn't make him innocent
    Agreed.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Genuinely pleased with this as I always thought he had been wrongly convicted anyway.

Would love to know what all the people on here who claimed he was guilty just because a court of law said so (regardless of evidence to the contrary) think now. Do they stick by their guns and admit that a jury's decision is not always the correct one? Or change their opinion becaude a different 12 jurors returned a different verdict?

Charlton Life doesn't work like that

He's an innocent man.

See
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Genuinely pleased with this as I always thought he had been wrongly convicted anyway.

Would love to know what all the people on here who claimed he was guilty just because a court of law said so (regardless of evidence to the contrary) think now. Do they stick by their guns and admit that a jury's decision is not always the correct one? Or change their opinion becaude a different 12 jurors returned a different verdict?

Fresh evidence I think - and we can debate for ever how/why it only came to light 2nd time round. And yes, it's valid to change your opinion when the facts change. I was surprised he was convicted 1st time round but without being there in court why shouldn't you 'accept' the (original) jury's verdict. (that didn't mean HE had to of course)
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

Charlton Life doesn't work like that

He's an innocent man.

See
    Haha. Unbelievable. Less than an hour after the 'not guilty' verdict was delivered.
  • Options

He's an innocent man.

Actually that is the perfect description of why he is innocent.
    No it isn't - not guilty does not mean innocent.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

He's an innocent man.

whilst i actually agree with you, in this country you ARE Innocent until proven guilty
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

Fresh evidence I think - and we can debate for ever how/why it only came to light 2nd time round. And yes, it's valid to change your opinion when the facts change. I was surprised he was convicted 1st time round but without being there in court why shouldn't you 'accept' the (original) jury's verdict. (that didn't mean HE had to of course)
    Because the case file was online for anyone to read. Not saying therefore that everyone should have read it and then agreed he was innocent, but that's one reason why you shouldn't.

Another is that while it's nice to have a child like view of baddies going to jail and goodies not going to jail, we know full well that it doesn't necessarily work like that and innocent people get locked up all the time.
  • Options
    Just like OJ Simpson is not guilty
  • Options

He's an innocent man.

Innocent until proven guilty my friend.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Why are (mainly) men screaming on twitter that she should be locked up for lying?

I thought the re-trial was about whether she was sober enough to consent? Sorry if I got that wrong. I haven't been following it as stories like that make my stomach turn.

Presumably just 'locker room' banter.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    So what was the evidence that this jury found him not guilty of?

How many cases are they, that if a different jury oversaw, would have a different result?
  • Options

He's an innocent man.

whilst i actually agree with you, in this country you ARE Innocent until proven guilty
    Only in the eyes of the law. You cannot be punished by the state unless you are proved beyond reasonable doubt to be guilty. That does not mean you are innocent. Because the burden of proof is with the prosecution our system guarantees that a significant number of guilty people will be found not guilty.

The phrase "innocent until proven guilty" is not really accurate. It really means "not guilty until proven guilty" but regrettably for us legal pedants, that's not as catchy/