Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deptford - Don' t you just love it!

Comments

• Options
    just here for the argument!

• Options
    I have moderated my language according to popular demand
  • Options
    melt
  • Options
    I'm just hoping to salvage 'Flip that shift' as a CL meme and gain unlikely hero status from this sordid little episode
  • Options
    How many Daily Mail readers on here ?
    How many live in SE London? I do find it amusing how many of our supporters seem to rubbish the area at every opportunity.
    I've lived in Brockley, Lewisham, Forest Hill, Honor Oak, Greenwich and Charlton and have endured decades of people who don't live there telling me how shit the area is.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I'm just hoping to salvage 'Flip that shift' as a CL meme and gain unlikely hero status from this sordid little episode

Lead the assault on the directors box and all will be forgotten.
  • Options
    It was like watching a Black Friday sales extravaganza.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

what is more galling, in my opinion, is Elite athletes from Kenya, Ethiopia, Eritea etc taking a couple of sips from a bottle and then throwing it away. Meanwhile their countrymen are desperate for water and dying through the lack of it. It's criminal.

Well, it is criminal. It's called littering - all those runner should be issued with a fixed penalty notice.
  • Options

Racist ;)
    I did think long and hard before posting it. @Leuth knows he's my CL hero so I'm hoping he can hold it together :wink:
  • Options

How many live in SE London? I do find it amusing how many of our supporters seem to rubbish the area at every opportunity.
    I've lived in Brockley, Lewisham, Forest Hill, Honor Oak, Greenwich and Charlton and have endured decades of people who don't live there telling me how shit the area is.

What, or rather who, is the common denominator?

; )
  • Options

What, or rather who, is the common denominator?

; )
    Just doing a survey young man.

• Options

I'm not 100% sure but I think one of the posters on here used to have a shop in Grove Park?!?
  • Options

I'm not 100% sure but I think one of the posters on here used to have a shop in Grove Park?!?
    Has he been offered loads of cheap bottles of water?

• Options
    edited April 2016

Be fair to these charming people, they probably
    need the water to pop their drugs with!

Well this thread is bringing out the best in everyone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016

I don't read the Daily Mail and I live in Bromley. To be entirely honest, I wouldn't want to be any closer to Lewisham whatsoever and I'd be concerned when I have children about them growing up here.

That's not me stereotyping at all, but it's simply due to that fact that at the top of the town center (Widmore Road/Church Road) there are issues nearly everyday - most days at about 4/4:30pm you'll see a police car and, sadly, quite often an ambulance. I queried this with a friend whose borough is Bromley, and it turns out it's quite a well known mugging hotspot. Essentially it's common for youths to get the bus from Lewisham after school - commit offenses there - and simply run down to Shortlands station to catch a train a few stops up the line.

Living on the main cut-through to avoid the town center it's been a bit of an eye opener at the number of sirens that go through at that time... seemingly nearly every weekday.

It's just a sad fact of life though, I'm sure it's not a new thing - and I certainly never feel vulnerable or at risk myself. I'd rather not walk through it though, and I'd rather not know some poor lad has had to get an ambulance after a day at school. It's also sad for the kids that are doing it - vulnerable themselves, and taken advantage by older ones. Hearing about lads as young as 12 risking their lives and running across train lines when confronted by the police at the station is tragic and pretty worrying.
  • Options
    I didn't work yesterday, but have done for past eight years or more, i am part of the clear up team, and all unused bottles just get thrown on back of vans and dumped, (water and energy drinks) It's such a waste, so nothing wrong with people grabbing a couple, the thing i don't like is the business owners who take them.
  • Options

And that is a fuckin shit pit
    What lovely place do you live in? Have you considered a career as a diplomat?
  • Options

Racist ;)
    I did think long and hard before posting it. @Leuth knows he's my CL hero so I'm hoping he can hold it together :wink:
    I'm all chumped out, dear fellow. Little can rouse such instantaneous and debilitating anger in me as the mass following of a bigoted media narrative, but the consequence of this anger is a long and lowly comedown. So while I might not flag you, I might be a bit teary for the rest of the day. Which, I'm sure, is the last thing any of you want.
  • Options

And that is a fuckin shit pit
    What lovely place do you live in? Have you considered a career as a diplomat?
    France pal, but I never talk about it. And no, I'm more ambassador material, just waiting for the call from Paris
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Racist ;)
    I'm all chumped out, dear fellow. Little can rouse such instantaneous and debilitating anger in me as the mass following of a bigoted media narrative, but the consequence of this anger is a long and lowly comedown. So while I might not flag you, I might be a bit teary for the rest of the day. Which, I'm sure, is the last thing any of you want.
    Nothing more impressive than an angry person in full flow - made my day.
    If you really want to wind yourself up further then read the Daily Mail comments following this story - it's like a 70s throwback.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Racist ;)
    Nothing more impressive than an angry person in full flow - made my day.
    If you really want to wind yourself up further then read the Daily Mail comments following this story - it's like a 70s throwback.
    The sheer number of downvotes on some of the comments is pretty.. erh.. enlightening too.
  • Options
    Oh, I worked myself up into a froth reading the Facebook responses, then headed here with my battleaxe already waving. It was never going to go well
  • Options
    I think calling other people on here racists is uncalled for though. If anyone on here was genuinely harbouring those kinds of views it would have let slip long before someone posted an inflammatory Mail story.