Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deptford - Don' t you just love it!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    If only they had some of our stewards to make sure all the lids were taken off and this whole scenario could have been avoided.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I live in Lewisham, and I'm not sure it's only my community that goes up to Bromley to mug people, I'm certain I've seen those Greenwich bastards heading that way.

They also travel up to Bromley via the Sidcup line via Victoria.

• Options
    It was the 'let's get this free stuff before anyone else' that was disappointing but not limited to deptford. The view that they were nicking stuff that wasn't going to be given out seems unreasonable. Whether it was authorised to be given out or if they went in a bit early is interesting.
  • Options

How many Daily Mail readers on here ?
    How many live in SE London? I do find it amusing how many of our supporters seem to rubbish the area at every opportunity.
    I've lived in Brockley, Lewisham, Forest Hill, Honor Oak, Greenwich and Charlton and have endured decades of people who don't live there telling me how shit the area is.

Ahhh but you haven't lived in Catford I see. I have and can confirm it is a shit hole and you can't polish a turd.
  • Options

How many live in SE London? I do find it amusing how many of our supporters seem to rubbish the area at every opportunity.
    I've lived in Brockley, Lewisham, Forest Hill, Honor Oak, Greenwich and Charlton and have endured decades of people who don't live there telling me how shit the area is.

Ahhh but you haven't lived in Catford I see. I have and can confirm it is a shit hole and you can't polish a turd.
    But you can roll it in glitter.
  • Options
    Sorry Leuth, could you just clarify whether we are black racists or white racists, as the water takers were clearly both ? Gordon Brown would be proud of you.
  • Options
    Welp, at least we know what peak Leuth looks like now. I'm not a huge fan
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Same behaviour seen on Black Friday
    Same behaviour seen during the riots.
    Similar behaviour witnessed in deptford yesterday. 12 bottles of Buxton water value in shop = £6.
    Is it worth it.

The cost might be £6 but the actual value about 3p and most of that's in the packaging. Why people seem happy to pay more per litre for water than petrol is a bit strange IMO.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Why does flag posting not work in this thread?

Although given this, I can probably say it now: you're all fucking cunts - racist cunts at that.

Last year, my gf and I made off with three six-packs of mini Buxton bottles at the Maryon Park water station. This was after pretty much everyone had gone and the station was being dismantled. We were told that the water was all going in the bin if we didn't grab it - probably not to be recycled either.

Look at the video. The Marathon is over. Everyone except the odd straggler has gone past. The station is unmanned. The road is filled with discarded bottles.

You're all fucking awful cunts. Fuck you.

Get a life mate and try to tone your ingnorant language down!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    LuckyReds said:

I don't read the Daily Mail and I live in Bromley. To be entirely honest, I wouldn't want to be any closer to Lewisham whatsoever and I'd be concerned when I have children about them growing up here.

That's not me stereotyping at all, but it's simply due to that fact that at the top of the town center (Widmore Road/Church Road) there are issues nearly everyday - most days at about 4/4:30pm you'll see a police car and, sadly, quite often an ambulance. I queried this with a friend whose borough is Bromley, and it turns out it's quite a well known mugging hotspot. Essentially it's common for youths to get the bus from Lewisham after school - commit offenses there - and simply run down to Shortlands station to catch a train a few stops up the line.

Living on the main cut-through to avoid the town center it's been a bit of an eye opener at the number of sirens that go through at that time... seemingly nearly every weekday.

It's just a sad fact of life though, I'm sure it's not a new thing - and I certainly never feel vulnerable or at risk myself. I'd rather not walk through it though, and I'd rather not know some poor lad has had to get an ambulance after a day at school. It's also sad for the kids that are doing it - vulnerable themselves, and taken advantage by older ones. Hearing about lads as young as 12 risking their lives and running across train lines when confronted by the police at the station is tragic and pretty worrying.
    Just stumbled on this on the argument's thread, and though "well, this fizzled out nicely and devolved, or evolved (depending on the comment) into puns, let's STIR THE POT!!!!"

So, I'm going to pull up @LuckyReds, because he's made many level headed and sincere comments along the way, and I generally find him to be a reasonable, thoughtful bloke.

The thing I take issue with is accepting that this is just a sad fact of life. That's where the Communist/Marxist/Idealist/Hypocrite in me comes out and says "I don't believe it has to be." I've lived in Charlton and spent a good amount of time in Plumstead, and some in Lewisham and Woolwich and have never felt in any danger--but I also don't frequent the high streets in the afternoon/evening, and I grew up in LA where violent crimes rates are ridiculous so there's always that perspective in the back of my mind.

Watching the transformation of areas like Stratford and Canary Wharf, both from near and afar over the last few years, shows that areas can be improved, but that they seem to follow the same pattern we have in the States of gentrification driving minority communities out through skyrocketing costs of living and in our case, some incredibly racist housing policies. It feels strange to me that, in 2016, we haven't found ways to improve low income communities while maintaining at least a decent chunk of the makeup of that community. Study after study finds that social mobility is stagnant, and that the affluence of your upbringing dictates success later in life. And yet decade after decade it seems that people cannot connect short term investment with long term gain, at least when it comes to minority communities.

Rant over, and you can "LOL" it or whatever.

Also, Daily Mail shockingly portraying people with brown skin poorly, sponsorship and money trumping environmentalism, and people from low income communities are for some reason interested in free things. Ticked all the "yes, of course that's what happened" boxes.

Lastly, hopefully it's obvious but LR mine was not an attack on you at all. Your comment was honest and sincere and by no means incorrect, I just wanted to use a couple lines for a springboard.

Was trying to think of a water pun to end on by the well seems to have run dry.