Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deptford - Don' t you just love it!

Comments

• Options
    Fiiish said:

I think calling other people on here racists is uncalled for though. If anyone on here was genuinely harbouring those kinds of views it would have let slip long before someone posted an inflammatory Mail story.

I have amended the racism accusation in my opening blast, just for you
  • Options
    Leuth said:

It was like watching a Black Friday sales extravaganza.

Racist ;)
    I did think long and hard before posting it. @Leuth knows he's my CL hero so I'm hoping he can hold it together :wink:
    I'm all chumped out, dear fellow. Little can rouse such instantaneous and debilitating anger in me as the mass following of a bigoted media narrative, but the consequence of this anger is a long and lowly comedown. So while I might not flag you, I might be a bit teary for the rest of the day. Which, I'm sure, is the last thing any of you want.
    It was shared to me by someone who knows someone who knows the fella that filmed it, no media slant was put on it at all. My interpretation of it is, why can't they just have queued up for the FREE WATER to be given to em like us poshens from SE7 woulda done, instead of a free for all? I mean, I reckon if one of those volunteers had of said something to any of em, they woulda got verbally abused at the very least

Sure you've got a good reason for them not needing to get as much FREE WATER as they can get their hands on though
  • Options

Leuth said:

Racist ;)
    I did think long and hard before posting it. @Leuth knows he's my CL hero so I'm hoping he can hold it together :wink:
    I'm all chumped out, dear fellow. Little can rouse such instantaneous and debilitating anger in me as the mass following of a bigoted media narrative, but the consequence of this anger is a long and lowly comedown. So while I might not flag you, I might be a bit teary for the rest of the day. Which, I'm sure, is the last thing any of you want.
    It was shared to me by someone who knows someone who knows the fella that filmed it, no media slant was put on it at all. My interpretation of it is, why can't they just have queued up for the FREE WATER to be given to em like us poshens from SE7 woulda done, instead of a free for all? I mean, I reckon if one of those volunteers had of said something to any of em, they woulda got verbally abused at the very least

Sure you've got a good reason for them not needing to get as much FREE WATER as they can get their hands on though
    No media slant put on it - comedy gold!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
  • Options

I didn't work yesterday, but have done for past eight years or more, i am part of the clear up team, and all unused bottles just get thrown on back of vans and dumped, (water and energy drinks) It's such a waste, so nothing wrong with people grabbing a couple, the thing i don't like is the business owners who take them.

I have said it on other messages boards, so i will say it here too.

There is nothing wrong with people taking it IF they have permission but not before.

I know that at the end of each day, supermarkets throw away lots of food, but i don't walk into the shop during the day and take it, thats theft. No ifs no buts.

The video shows the person on duty at the water station, and he makes it plain and clear, they don't have permission.

• Options

Leuth said:

Racist ;)

I saw the original video and it weren't through any media outlet, surely you understand what I'm saying? ffs
  • Options
    cafckev said:

I didn't work yesterday, but have done for past eight years or more, i am part of the clear up team, and all unused bottles just get thrown on back of vans and dumped, (water and energy drinks) It's such a waste, so nothing wrong with people grabbing a couple, the thing i don't like is the business owners who take them.

There is nothing wrong with people taking it IF they have permission but not before.

I know that at the end of each day, supermarkets throw away lots of food, but i don't walk into the shop during the day and take it, thats theft. No ifs no buts.

The video shows the person on duty at the water station, and he makes it plain and clear, they don't have permission.

Yeah...but....'media slant'
  • Options

hahahahaha

Theres white people at it as well you fucking div

Caucasians - come on VG get it right.
  • Options

hahahahaha

Theres white people at it as well you fucking div

Caucasians - come on VG get it right.
    Lucky i didn't write 'crackers'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincenzo said:

Woohoo. My first ever flag!

I'm on my mobile so can't see who it was from.....but I'm hoping it was from Leuth as it should help to give him some closure.

To be fair, you earned it. Calling people 'feral vermin' for taking free water says more about you than them.
    That's good. I'd hate to receive anything that I didn't deserve.
  • Options

Vincenzo said:

Woohoo. My first ever flag!

I'm on my mobile so can't see who it was from.....but I'm hoping it was from Leuth as it should help to give him some closure.

To be fair, you earned it. Calling people 'feral vermin' for taking free water says more about you than them.
    That's good. I'd hate to receive anything that I didn't deserve.
    You've recently been to the clinic too, mate?
  • Options
    I don't think it's the taking of the water, more the greed shown by some of those there
  • Options
    cafckev said:

I agree with you if they haven't been given permission, but that must of been at least half hour after the runners had been through so would of been thrown away anyway.
  • Options
    Re. Recycling water bottles. Those bottles are going to exist, in some form or other, for a few hundred years. Maybe more. And kill a lot of wildlife (that's guaranteed once they break down to tiny plastic pellets). The idea that giving the bottles to some people on the street to drink is some sort of environmentally friendly thing to do is ludicrous, and utterly arrogant on mankind's part. That just delays their journey to the centre of the Atlantic for a day or two.

Doesn't matter what race or creed you are, those bottles are going to doom us all in the exact same way.
  • Options

cafckev said:

I agree with you if they haven't been given permission, but that must of been at least half hour after the runners had been through so would of been thrown away anyway.
    Not sure it is thrown away, maybe it was destined for a charity or something, but even if it was to be dumped, it don't make it right.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Racist ;)

I saw the original video and it weren't through any media outlet, surely you understand what I'm saying? ffs
    I was referring to the slant in the media - the way it's reported is completely OTT. The Mail has an agenda which doesn't really need explaining.

• Options

cafckev said:

Not sure it is thrown away, maybe it was destined for a charity or something, but even if it was to be dumped, it don't make it right.
    They definitely do get thrown away, we normally just chuck them on back of trucks or bin lorries, then taken down recycling.
    Your right though, they should be given too charities, schools or even local park football teams, what a waste.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leuth said:

Racist ;)

I was referring to the slant in the media - the way it's reported is completely OTT. The Mail has an agenda which doesn't really need explaining.

I weren't and as it was my post you quoted with the 'No media slant put on it - comedy gold!!!!' comment, why would I think otherwise?

Anyway, we're on the same page now.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I live in Lewisham, and I'm not sure it's only my community that goes up to Bromley to mug people, I'm certain I've seen those Greenwich bastards heading that way.

Hah, I'm sure many do.

Lewisham was the example given as most of the lads that have been caught have resided that way, and it's simply a convenient bus ride away. To be fair, I grew up in Swanley and we always used to get the train in to Bromley - I'm sure we weren't all that well behaved!
  • Options
    This is some crazy shit. Fun read.
  • Options
    i'm waiting for some Bishop or local community leader to come out and say it's proof that people don't have enough water in Deptford.
  • Options

what is more galling, in my opinion, is Elite athletes from Kenya, Ethiopia, Eritea etc taking a couple of sips from a bottle and then throwing it away. Meanwhile their countrymen are desperate for water and dying through the lack of it. It's criminal.

Do you expect the runners to pick up a few bottles, carry them to the finish line, and take them home?
  • Options
    Water load of nonsense
  • Options
    jams said:

Water load of nonsense

That's a shit pun you drip.