Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STVV's, Roland's club in Belgium, 26 year old general manager EDIT And Karel Fraeye's on twitter

Comments

• Options

Possibly more interesting to follow would be Simon Clark @yogs67

Next Charlton manager; There I've said it. You heard it here first.

This could happen .Bright young coach who is highly regarded .
  • Options
    I'm more concerned about Karel's eye implant. I hope he's ok.

I don't blame Karel for taking a chance offered, he probably thought he could do ok. He was wrong but it's his employers that have to take the blame on this one.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

This presented the ideal time for me to give Storify a crack - https://storify.com/FergusInLondon/the-day-karel-fraeye-joined-twitter

Nerd.

I feel for Fraeye, it's not his fault he was appointed to a job he wasn't qualified for, it's Roland's. He was a very bad manager, but it's not like he didn't care, he was just so far out of his depth.

Also, for as excellent as that tweet about Hendo is, if I remember correctly he was "ordered" not to speak to the press after the Huddersfield game. Still, details aside, tweet of the year.
  • Options
    It didn't go very well when Fraeye was hear. He was always so rude to our media boys. It was clear he lost the dressing room seeing what happened after Colchester. He didn't even speak to the media after Huddersfield. He was ok as a first team coach when it came to being one of the lads but as head coach when he had to put distance between himself and the players his man management was bad. (At least Riga is better in that department). But apparently Fraeye had one or two of our players in tears by the way he spoke to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@PhilippeBormans he's on twitter

Interesting pic from his most recent post

Looking at the photo more deeply - is that Roly counting the nights takings, top left?
    Stu that's a tv1 event! Disabled people in the background and what team is that those players are from?

Connect the dots.....

Let's get an invite for the next party :)
  • Options

A belgian i met today told me rolands wife owns stvv. Not surs how true it is and also that his son runs upjest.

Which leads me to suspect that Katrien may be his secret love child? Would explain the ridiculous loyalty despite her utter incompetence.

• Options
    mogodon said:

A belgian i met today told me rolands wife owns stvv. Not surs how true it is and also that his son runs upjest.

Which leads me to suspect that Katrien may be his secret love child? Would explain the ridiculous loyalty despite her utter incompetence.

Is she more then a CEO and has a big share in the club? Probably. Would explain quite a few things.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Oakster said:

I actually dislike Fraeye less, than in my view, the smarmy second hand car salesman Riga and the one trick pony, arrogant Luzon.

Yes he has played a big part in our downfall over the last few years but out of the three above he just came across as more honest to me. He was a network man, he did what Roly said and he didn't really try and hide it (unlike Riga).

He also had squad wise the worst hand of the 3 coaches this year and actually points per game didn't do that much worse.

I prefer him to Luzon but that is a bit like saying I would rather be stuck on a 20 hour bus side sat next to Piers Morgan than Anne Widecombe.

Luzon is our worst manager ever by a distance.
  • Options

Oakster said:

I actually dislike Fraeye less, than in my view, the smarmy second hand car salesman Riga and the one trick pony, arrogant Luzon.

Yes he has played a big part in our downfall over the last few years but out of the three above he just came across as more honest to me. He was a network man, he did what Roly said and he didn't really try and hide it (unlike Riga).

He also had squad wise the worst hand of the 3 coaches this year and actually points per game didn't do that much worse.

I prefer him to Luzon but that is a bit like saying I would rather be stuck on a 20 hour bus side sat next to Piers Morgan than Anne Widecombe.

Luzon is our worst manager ever by a distance.
    Just until Piers starts getting amorous that is...
  • Options
    A debate on worst cafc managers - and the last 4 all have a serious claim
  • Options
    What the guy i met also said our roly is weekly news over there for one reason or another.
  • Options
    Fraeye & Katrien. Separated at birth, I reckon.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

This presented the ideal time for me to give Storify a crack - https://storify.com/FergusInLondon/the-day-karel-fraeye-joined-twitter

I made the cut!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Desperate Pete - Goodbye Pete.
    Good riddance.
  • Options

Desperate Pete - Goodbye Pete.
    Good riddance.

You are a charmer.
  • Options
    Karel Fraeye being on twitter still cant be beaten after all the tweets between fans and Andy Delorts Dad!!
  • Options
    I'd liken Fraeye to being Duchatelet's version of Murray's Les Reed moment, bar the fact that I have no idea if Fraeye was respected as a coach first time round under Riga.

I know Les certainly had the utmost respect of Kins and the play-off winning team, but just was never a main man (manager/first team coach/whatever)!

P.S. Didn't realise Henry had such a potty-mouth!!!! :wink:
  • Options
    Amazing! Well done people
  • Options
    You cannot blame Fraeye, or Peeters, Luzon or Riga for our position, the fact that they are not good enough for this league, the same as some of the players that were brought in, you can only blame RD, (I refuse to call him by his first name, like his a friend and can never spell his surname right), He had people like Chappell and other coaches but refused to take notice of them and got advice from other people who did not know the football league. If it is true he bought players on Fraeye's advice that turned out to be crap, who is the idiot. As it is RD's money, you would think he would get the best advice from people who knows, the fact he relied on his Belgian cronies shows you what a numpty he is. I am not going to get started on him choosing a young, inexperienced lawyer to run a football club, I wonder if he would bring in a totally inexperienced person to run one of his other ventures
  • Options
    Good post ross1. I would only say for a fact that the players were brought in by RD's man with a laptop and who rarely sees players in reality and that this man is not Karel Fraeye.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

I'd liken Fraeye to being Duchatelet's version of Murray's Les Reed moment, bar the fact that I have no idea if Fraeye was respected as a coach first time round under Riga.

I know Les certainly had the utmost respect of Kins and the play-off winning team, but just was never a main man (manager/first team coach/whatever)!

??
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

??
    I would guess @TelMc32 thinks that HenryIrving10 on Twitter is you.