Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STVV's, Roland's club in Belgium, 26 year old general manager EDIT And Karel Fraeye's on twitter

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016

TelMc32 said:

I'd liken Fraeye to being Duchatelet's version of Murray's Les Reed moment, bar the fact that I have no idea if Fraeye was respected as a coach first time round under Riga.

I know Les certainly had the utmost respect of Kins and the play-off winning team, but just was never a main man (manager/first team coach/whatever)!

P.S. Didn't realise Henry had such a potty-mouth!!!! :wink:

??
    I would guess @TelMc32 thinks that HenryIrving10 on Twitter is you.
    Surely no one could think that? try Real Henry Irving @benhayes77
  • Options

Good post ross1. I would only say for a fact that the players were brought in by RD's man with a laptop and who rarely sees players in reality and that this man is not Karel Fraeye.

Karel Fraeye was the worst managerial appointment in our history.

Division 3 in Belgium, ffs I still cannot believe how a manager from that level could be considered qualified to take on any championship club.
  • Options

Good post ross1. I would only say for a fact that the players were brought in by RD's man with a laptop and who rarely sees players in reality and that this man is not Karel Fraeye.

Division 3 in Belgium, ffs I still cannot believe how a manager from that level could be considered qualified to take on any championship club.
    As you are probably aware KF was employed by RD at the time so it would be unlikely for any club higher than the third tier in Belgium to take him on considering that he could be whisked away on a moment’s whim by RD to go elsewhere. As you are also aware he went to second tier Lommel and last week they were promoted. So one could argue that he was at the very least qualified for a second tier club in Belgium.
    I do not see that you could be so sure that he was the worst managerial appointment in our history as we have had some shockers and anyway, as Ross and others agree, no coach had the chance of success with the squads given them. Don't really want to go over old ground here but we all have our opinions.
  • Options

As you are probably aware KF was employed by RD at the time so it would be unlikely for any club higher than the third tier in Belgium to take him on considering that he could be whisked away on a moment’s whim by RD to go elsewhere. As you are also aware he went to second tier Lommel and last week they were promoted. So one could argue that he was at the very least qualified for a second tier club in Belgium.
    I do not see that you could be so sure that he was the worst managerial appointment in our history as we have had some shockers and anyway, as Ross and others agree, no coach had the chance of success with the squads given them. Don't really want to go over old ground here but we all have our opinions.

Yeah you're right actually, excellent points, he wasn't shit.*

*NAAAAAAAT
  • Options
    edited April 2016

It would seem that you do not think this appointment was a kick in the b******* to Charlton supporters.

Fraeye was/is managing at that level for a reason.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

No-one is "aware last week Lommel were promoted" because they were not promoted. They have avoided relegation to the third tier resulting from a re-organisation of Belgian football by getting enough points to finish above 9th place. They are currently 7th, which is where they were when he took over.

(The plan is that there will only be 8 teams in tier 2 next season.)
    Thanks for clarifying that @MountsfieldPark

• Options
    edited April 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No-one is "aware last week Lommel were promoted" because they were not promoted. They have avoided relegation to the third tier resulting from a re-organisation of Belgian football by getting enough points to finish above 9th place. They are currently 7th, which is where they were when he took over.

(The plan is that there will only be 8 teams in tier 2 next season.)
    Don't knock it. Finished 7th this year and guaranteed a top 8 finish next season
  • Options
    Sounds like his level. I'm surprised he hasn't chosen to go to a league with no relegation prospects. Would be a good career move for him.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Sounds like his level. I'm surprised he hasn't chosen to go to a league with no relegation prospects. Would be a good career move for him.

He has actually, now they've survived the cut (barring a 20-0 defeat or similar). There will be no further promotion/relegation between tiers 2 and 3 as of next season, when tier 2 will be "professional" and tier 3 "amateur" (I don't know exactly what those terms mean in Belgian football; they don't seem to have a category they call semi-pro).

There is also no promotion from tier 3 to tier 2 this season. Hamme, the club he left about 12th in tier 3, are top, but will not be promoted (although another club has mounted a legal challenge to the very arbitrary re-organisation of Belgian football).