Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ebbsfleet V Maidstone for a place in the conference

Comments

• Options
    DA1 said:

I hate both of them and hope a big sinkhole appears and takes everyone with it that attends.

Well aren't you a delight
  • Options
    DA1 said:

I hate both of them and hope a big sinkhole appears and takes everyone with it that attends.

Two very self aware clubs.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    It finished 2-2 AET. Shootout in progress live feed on youtube.

EDIT - Can't get the link to work.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Ebsfleet missed one!

As have Maidstone!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Maidstone into the conference.

They equalised in the 119th minute to take it to penalties.
  • Options
    Wow didn't see that coming a few months ago.
  • Options
    And North Ferriby win the northern play off. A good day for Hull & District.
  • Options
    Well done to Maidstone United. Unlucky Gravesend and Northfleet
  • Options
    Didn't even realise Maidstone had gone up last year let alone done well this year. Very happy that Ebbsfleet haven't gone up though, disgrace of a club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well happy for them proper club with a great tradition before there fruit loop chairman killed them and Dartford. Always been with Dartford biggest non-league club in Kent. Well pleased for my mates son who plays for the Stones Callum Driver
  • Options

The Humber will be really Humming if Grimsby get back into the FL tomorrow
  • Options
    Just a thought and I know its pessimistic but we could play North Ferriby in a league game in 2017. Heck.
  • Options

It could get very fishy
  • Options

Kinda hope that Forest Green do it. Comfortably second and the thought of lots of away fans getting lost trying to find the place is quite amusing.
  • Options

Just a thought and I know its pessimistic but we could play North Ferriby in a league game in 2017. Heck.

N Ferriby F C still has the Allam money behind it .. the owners have withdrawn the threat to sell as 'Daddy' Allam seems to have calmed down over the Hull 'Tigers' row and is still pumping cash into Hull area football
  • Options
    Delighted for the hardy souls who kept that club going through the wilderness year- many of which I imagine didn't have a ticket for today.

I remember years of home games at Sittingbourne and Ashford when we all thought we'd never come home.

The disconcerting thing for me now is that there is only 1 league between Maidstone and Charlton. Strange feeling.

Big club, great away support, and now big potential. Just shows what some thoroughly decent owners can do!
  • Options
    Wonder how Paul Bowden-Brown feels today The Organiser, chairman of Thamesmead now.
  • Options

Wonder how Paul Bowden-Brown feels today The Organiser, chairman of Thamesmead now.

Please explain. I'm genuinely interested.
  • Options
    I have always felt sorry for PBB. He did the hard work keeping Maidstone alive and gets to miss the two biggest days in its modern era, being the new ground and this promotion. Hope he was there too see it today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah a bit of what cafckev says - he did a lot for the club but ultimately was never going to be the man to take them home and on to the next stage but still deserves a lot of credit.

I remember back in 2009 going to Swindon Supermarine away in the cup with Maidstone. We took 100's which was unreal at that level. After the game he come in the clubhouse gave a rousing speech about how the fans are everything to him and the club and put a wad of money behind the bar.
  • Options

How many years until we can play South, West or East Ferriby?
  • Options
    Maidstone are my local team and I used to watch them a fair bit, strange to think we could be playing them next year.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Maidstone are my local team and I used to watch them a fair bit, strange to think we could be playing them next year.

This - Maidstone were effectively bust and playing Sunday league level when I started going to football (mid 90's) hence I was taken to Charlton by by Dad (Gillingham was never an option). But I've always followed them home and away even at those levels a few times a season and have a lot of passion for them and the support. Remember taking nearly 1,000 down to places like Folkesrone and Dover in the 8th and 9th tier.

With the state of Charlton atm I'll prob spend my season split between Charlton and Maidstone away games next year.
  • Options
    Delighted for Maidstone, have become a bit of a second club for me in recent years since my Dad started telling me about his days supporting them as a kid in the 70s, went to a few games this season when visiting family in Kent, will try to do the same next season too.
  • Options
    Still have no idea where the ref got 2 added mins from at the end of extra time, Stones scored 30 secs from end to take it to pens.

Don't get the hate from some quarters for Ebbsfleet, genuinely pleased for Maidstone though given what they have been through.
  • Options
    Well done Maidstone, a crushing disappointment for Ebbsfleet and its wealthy owners though
  • Options
    BDL said:

Still have no idea where the ref got 2 added mins from at the end of extra time, Stones scored 30 secs from end to take it to pens.

Don't get the hate from some quarters for Ebbsfleet, genuinely pleased for Maidstone though given what they have been through.

After the way Dave Archer, Steve Gritt and Peter Varney destroyed our club, what did you expect?
  • Options
    WSS said:

BDL said:

After the way Dave Archer, Steve Gritt and Peter Varney destroyed our club, what did you expect?
    Eh?