Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Sri Lanka & Pakistan

Comments

• Options
    Someone needs to kiss it better.
  • Options

Stokes just played onto his stump

Think it got middle half way up - playing on too !
  • Options
    Waiting for a commentator to say 'one ball gone' when they resume
  • Options
    That will be a great gif to have on a loop.
  • Options
    "Hard back on a length see if he wants to pull it again" says the commentator. Wonder how long it took him to think that one up!
  • Options
    Stokes really should try and bat until the close of the innings now. A great chance to get his first ODI century
  • Options
    244-5 of 40 ...17 off last Gul over.
    Englnad should be looking for 330/340 if they can leep their wickets.
  • Options

Stokes really should try and bat until the close of the innings now. A great chance to get his first ODI century

Out for 75, a missed opportunity.The dressing room should have told him to be selfish and get the ton
  • Options
    260-6 off 42 Stokes out for 75
  • Options
    270-7 Woakes out for 10
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you look at Englands potential batting line-up for World Cup 2019... Hales,Roy,Root,Buttler,Stokes,Bairstow,Ali - they are all circa 26 now, so will be 29 then - at their peak. With the bowling we have some good bowlers coming through in Wood,Willey,Woakes plus also Sam Curran too by then. Could it finally be the tournament that we might win ?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    England 302

Sharjeel 10 Pakistan 40-1 7.1 overs
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Azhar Ali c Bairstow b Wood 33

77-3 13.5 overs
  • Options
    England struggling a wee bit - need a wicket Pak 176-3 off 28.3
  • Options
    266-6 off 43
  • Options
    Pak won.
  • Options
    So, England won the ODI series 4-1 = now just 1 T20 left and thats the end of the cricket season.
  • Options

'The widest wide ever seen' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37252713

Now, if it wasnt Pakistan..........

Ah bollocks I had money in that ball being an I swinging yorker ;(
  • Options

'The widest wide ever seen' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37252713

Now, if it wasnt Pakistan..........

Ah bollocks I had money in that ball being an I swinging yorker ;(
    In fairness he should not have been bowling at that point in the game as he was carrying an injury. Mickey Arthur cold be seen on the balcony doing his nut every time Irfan came off for treatment.
  • Options
    The highlight of the game (for everyone but Ben Stokes!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxzdPj1Bsfw
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Days after Englnad set a new ODI record, OZ do the same in T20 - scoring 263-3 off their 20 overs - Glenn Maxwell scoring 145 no from just 65 balls.
  • Options

Days after Englnad set a new ODI record, OZ do the same in T20 - scoring 263-3 off their 20 overs - Glenn Maxwell scoring 145 no from just 65 balls.

50 overs is 2.5 times as hard though, so we win.
  • Options
    T20 today.. Haven't looked in detail at the squad but I'd like to see billings and a couple other 'second string players' get a go...

Makes me think I'd really like to see an England vs England XI friendly match. In fact I'd pay good money to go see it. Imagine something like

Roy
    Hales
    Root
    Morgan
    Buttler
    Stokes
    Ali
    Woakes
    Plunkett
    Rashid
    Wood

Malan
    Vince
    Duckett
    Bell-Drummond
    Billings
    Bairstow
    Dawson
    Willey
    Jordan
    Finn
    Topley

I'm sure I've missed a few players who will be in the mix. But something like that would really intrigue me and give us a great idea of the depth we have..

Much like we did before the 2010 world T20 (that we won). England played England lions and lost. Kieswetter lumb and Wright all made the jump from the Lions ousting the likes of trott and Denley and became key players for us. We basically stumbled on a winning formula.

Imagine the mood in that dressing room with everyone knowing that a win/good performance gives you a great chance of braking in to the first team..
  • Options

T20 today.. Haven't looked in detail at the squad but I'd like to see billings and a couple other 'second string players' get a go...

Makes me think I'd really like to see an England vs England XI friendly match. In fact I'd pay good money to go see it. Imagine something like

Roy
    Hales
    Root
    Morgan
    Buttler
    Stokes
    Ali
    Woakes
    Plunkett
    Rashid
    Wood

Malan
    Vince
    Duckett
    Bell-Drummond
    Billings
    Bairstow
    Dawson
    Willey
    Jordan
    Finn
    Topley

I'm sure I've missed a few players who will be in the mix. But something like that would really intrigue me and give us a great idea of the depth we have..

Much like we did before the 2010 world T20 (that we won). England played England lions and lost. Kieswetter lumb and Wright all made the jump from the Lions ousting the likes of trott and Denley and became key players for us. We basically stumbled on a winning formula.

Imagine the mood in that dressing room with everyone knowing that a win/good performance gives you a great chance of braking in to the first team..

England are so good at limited overs cricket now, perhaps we should be allowed to enter 2 teams into the next World Cup :smiley:

It is hilarious that Cook was only dropped from the ODI team less than 2 years ago when you see the sort of cricket we play now, the team is almost unrecognisable. For the 2015 WC Ballance was included while Stokes was left out...
  • Options

Roy
    Hales
    Root
    Morgan
    Buttler
    Stokes
    Ali
    Woakes
    Plunkett
    Rashid
    Wood

Malan
    Vince
    Duckett
    Bell-Drummond
    Billings
    Bairstow
    Dawson
    Willey
    Jordan
    Finn
    Topley

England are so good at limited overs cricket now, perhaps we should be allowed to enter 2 teams into the next World Cup :smiley:

It is hilarious that Cook was only dropped from the ODI team less than 2 years ago when you see the sort of cricket we play now, the team is almost unrecognisable. For the 2015 WC Ballance was included while Stokes was left out...
    Yes it's amazing how far we have come! To be fair stokes was injured (broke his hand punching a locker) but yes so glad the days of cook trott bell and Ballance in the top four are over!
  • Options

Roy
    Hales
    Root
    Morgan
    Buttler
    Stokes
    Ali
    Woakes
    Plunkett
    Rashid
    Wood

Malan
    Vince
    Duckett
    Bell-Drummond
    Billings
    Bairstow
    Dawson
    Willey
    Jordan
    Finn
    Topley

Yes it's amazing how far we have come! To be fair stokes was injured (broke his hand punching a locker) but yes so glad the days of cook trott bell and Ballance in the top four are over!
    The broken hand was a year earlier, Stokes was genuinely left out!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/31094679
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica/content/story/826055.html
  • Options

Roy
    Hales
    Root
    Morgan
    Buttler
    Stokes
    Ali
    Woakes
    Plunkett
    Rashid
    Wood

Malan
    Vince
    Duckett
    Bell-Drummond
    Billings
    Bairstow
    Dawson
    Willey
    Jordan
    Finn
    Topley

The broken hand was a year earlier, Stokes was genuinely left out!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/31094679
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica/content/story/826055.html
    Ohh well that was an appalling decision!
  • Options
    To be fair there has also been a total attitude change. No longer are we saying that after 10 overs we need to be at "x" and 20 at "y" etc etc. The batsmen know that we now bat so deep with half a dozen plus batsmen capable of taking apart the opposition that they are no longer scared of getting out.

There is also a much more harmonious camp and without opening old wounds that can only help.
  • Options

To be fair there has also been a total attitude change. No longer are we saying that after 10 overs we need to be at "x" and 20 at "y" etc etc. The batsmen know that we now bat so deep with half a dozen plus batsmen capable of taking apart the opposition that they are no longer scared of getting out.

There is also a much more harmonious camp and without opening old wounds that can only help.

I agree but I don't think the likes of Cook Trott Bell Ballance were capable of taking an attack apart whereas we now have 6/7/8 players who could do so.
  • Options
    Not sure I would have gone with that bowling attack but it's pretty meaningless I suppose.